‹ Prequel: This Is An S.O.S.
Sequel: Super Sophomores

Freshman Year

February 14, 2009

Kevin told me what all he put on his skateboard. He draws on it. It says "Half on or half off, Ludo, I -heart- Alex, Gabbie is my hero, back foot goes here, and mommas boy"I found that like so awesome. His friend was there and reading his skateboard, too. He told me this on the phone when I was in the car. My parents were in Wal-Mart and I was waiting for them. We were about to go to this triple birthday party. I tried to get Kevin to come, but he wouldn't. He was scared. He promised to go to my other grandma's party that was next week, though.

While I was at the triple party, I got bored and called Kevin. He decided to change our plans. We were going to go skateboarding, but he decided to go to the movies. He wanted to see Friday The 13th. I told him that I didn't know because it was rated R and with my luck, there would be a police man standing outside and taking ID's. He begged me and I gave in. He also said I sounded pissed. I kind of was. The stupid party thing was really long and boring.

When I got home, I asked my mom if I could go to the movies with Kevin. She was being pissy about it, but said okay. I called Kevin and told him I could go. That's when I found out that it was going to be a double date thing. I was going to meet his friends, Gabbie and Cody. I remember being jealous of this Gabbie. I thought he might be cheating on me with her. If I'm going to meet him there and she knows about me, then he must not be cheating on me with her.

I didn't get there until like exactly seven. There was so much traffic. Kevin even called to ask where I was. When I got inside the theater, I looked around. I couldn't find Kevin. Well, when he called my name, I found him. It was weird to see him without a hoodie on. He was wearing a gray and black striped polo shirt and some jeans. He walked up to me, opened his arms and said "Kiss kiss." I held up a finger, looked out the window, and then hugged and kissed him. Gabbie was this short girl with a Thursday hoodie and a Insane Clown Posse shirt on. She had short dark hair and glasses on. Cody was one of Kevin's friends that added my Myspace and told me that Kevin was cheating on me. He was wearing a Panic At The Disco shirt.

Gabbie tried to get Kevin to play Dance Dance Revolution with her. He didn't want to. I did, though. I played against her, but lost. I don't like to stomp, and you have to stomp on those. We played two songs. The butterfly song and another one that I couldn't read. When we finished, it was about time for the movie. We were going to see the 7:30 showing of Friday The 13th. When we got back and noticed that they were taking ID's and that there was a police man there, we decided to just not try.

Kevin and Gabbie both wanted to smoke. All four of us went outside. Kevin took out his cigarettes, gave one to Gabbie and got one out for himself. They were having trouble lighting them. Well, only Gabbie was. Kevin got his lit pretty fast. We sat there for a little bit. Cody was just kind of there. Gabbie wanted to show us where she first smoked weed. It was by the dumpsters. She also started hitting on this hot guy that looked a lot like a substitute I had during the eighth grade. He worked at the movies. Kevin hugged me to keep warm. It was cold out and he forgot a hoodie.

The movie worker people let us back in. We started on the way to get refunds for our tickets, but ended up going back to the arcade. Gabbie wanted to play something else. She tried to win a toy thing out of one of those machines. Kevin masturbated the joystick for good luck. It worked. she won a pink dinosaur that had a big heart thing. Then, she wanted some food. I stayed back while she and Kevin went to get some food. Cody was next to me. When they were far enough away to not hear us, he said "Did you get that message?"
"Which one- oh. That one. Yeah, why?" I said back.
"Well, it's true."
"Okay." We stood in silence. I just kind of watched Kevin and Gabbie do what they did. He was staring at her like Nathan did to him. Cody walked over to them which ended up leaving me alone. I followed him. Gabbie bought some pizza. We sat down at the last table. Cody started making fat jokes about himself. I didn't find them very funny. Gabbie and Kevin thought they were the most funny thing ever, though. It was funny to see them laughing like weirdos. I took pictures of Kevin. Well, only like two. Kevin told me the song his phone plays when I call is Niki FM by Hawthorne Heights. That's kind of weird. I mean, that's my same song for him. Like right after we got up, my mom called. She said she was on her way to get me and that her and my dad were tired.

Gabbie wanted to smoke again. I told Kevin that my parents were going to be there soon. The hot guy let us go back. We went over to the door on the other side of the theater. Kevin said he couldn't smoke. He knew my parents were on their way. We just kind of hung out out there. I started a whole dance party thing when this car came by, blaring rap music. When it got cold, we got this person to let us back in. He was pretty cool. We stood there, against that door and looked at the pictures on Kevin's camera. When my mom called to say I had to leave, I hugged Gabbie, hugged and kissed Kevin, and then left.