It's Our Time Now

Three.

“One down, who knows how many more days to go.” Tara stated as she flopped herself down on the couch next to me “Anyways, what shall we do for dinner? You wanna go out?”

“Nah, don’t really feel like it.”

“Then you cook something, I can’t be bothered and you know I’m a horrible cook, unlike you.” She winked at me.

“Fine.” I got up and made my way to the kitchen, Tara following suite.

“Oh, by the way I invited Trista and Patti over today, they should be over any second.”

“Anyone else coming? So that I know how many people I have to cook for.”

“Err. Well Patti said she was probably going to bring a friend of hers.” Patti was a friend of ours who we had known since freshman year. She had dark green eyes and dirty blond with underlying black hair.

“Okay five people it is then.”

While I was cooking, I was suddenly tackled from behind which scared the living hell out of me. I looked up to be faced with purple eyes.

“TRISTA! Don’t fucking do that!”

“Sorry.” She giggled. “The look on your face was priceless though.”

“Ha-ha. Very funny.” I rolled my eyes at her and returned to my cooking.

“Ooh, what’re you making? It smells amazing!”

“You’ll see in time.” While I was saying I got the sherry out of one of the kitchen cupboards.

Trista raised her eyebrows at me. “Drinking before dinner?”

“No, silly. I’m using it for the sauce.”

“Oh right. I knew that.”

“Sure you did.” I said, dragging out the sure. We both burst out laughing.

“Okay, fill me in, what are you laughing about?” Tara questioned as she entered the kitchen as well.

“It’s nothing. Trista was just being Trista.” I responded.

“Okay then.”

A few minutes later the doorbell rang. “I’ll get it.” Tara said as she went to open the door.
The food I had cooked was done by now so I turned off the stove and went to greet who I figured would be Patti and whoever she had planned to bring along.

“NIKKI!” Patti yelled as she ran over to me and hugged me. “I haven’t seen you all day! Where have you been woman?”

“Um, in my classes? I guess we don’t have any together this year.”

“That sucks. Oh well, by the way this is-”

“Tori, I know, we have bio together.” I finished for Patti.

After everyone had said hi to everyone else, I headed to the kitchen to get the food served and the rest went into the living room.

Later that evening we decided to take a swim in the pool. Yes, we had a pool, a quite big one I might add. Going outside we heard really loud music coming from our neighbour’s place. We didn’t know our neighbours yet seeing as we only moved into this house a few days ago. Our old house was being torn down cause some idiot wanted to build a mall there. Oh well, I like this neighbourhood as well. Anyways, back to the neighbours, it sounded like it didn’t come from some stereo, but the band that was playing was right there. But that couldn’t be, no amateur band could be this good, or could they?
♠ ♠ ♠
yayy another one's out. i know thsi one is kinda short aswell, i'll try ot make them longer as the story progresses.

xx mara