Away from the Sun

Wormholes and Heartless

I must have stared at that ceiling for ever. You know, so long that you start to make pictures of the small risen parts of the ceiling texture. And so long that you actually start giving them names. I sighed, and sat up, and looked at my friend, Ember, who was also staring at the ceiling beside me. She had invited me to spend the weekend at her house, and it was to cold outside to do anything. So we were stuck, laying on her floor, staring up at her ceiling, making friends with the random pictures we found up there.

Quickly I poked her side, and waited for her response. She did nothing. I made a face similar to the anime -_-', as I remember poking does not have much of an effect on her. I sighed and lightly kicked her leg with my foot, making her give me a "nnya!" sound.

"Comon, Ember.. I'm bored!" I said, making a pouting face.

She sat up and looked at me. "so...? Think of something to do!" She said.

I gave another frustrated sigh. "We HAVE done everything! We've watched Moulin Rough and Nightmare before Christmas so much the DVD's wont play anymore! Not to mention we baked every single cake-like substance in your kitchen!"

She snickered. "Yea....I love my spiked muffins..." she stood up and so did I.

"You gotta stop putting vodka in the muffin mix, Ember..." I said, crossing my arms. She just gave a 'hmmph'.

"Look.." I said, "Why don't we.. play a game?"

Her eyes went bright. "YEA!" she screamed, causing me to cover my ears. She grabbed my arm and ran to the TV. She sat on the ground and I sat next to her. Quickly she started to rummage though all the PS2 games she had. She finally pulled one out and showed it to me.

"...Kingdom Hearts.. again? Dude, we beat that game once a day. You remember the night we stayed up until 3am."

She scoffed. "How dare you talk about KH in such a disrespectful manner! This game is a God." she said, holding it up in the air. "Besides, the only reason your so sore is 'cause you can beat Shadow Sora!" she laughed.

I growled at her and crossed my arms. "NU-UH.. He's a bitch! I get him THAT fucking close to dying and BOOM!! Fucking Goody gets in my fucking way!! Not my fault!.... Goddamned human slash dog hybrid bitch..."

Ember laughed as she put the disk into the PS2. "Eris.. you cuss to much." I scoffed a low 'your mom', and watched as the multicolored blocks of the PS2 browser came up on the screen.

"Lets start the game over!" Ember said. I scoffed again (damn my mood was bitchy today).

"But we're so far!! I mean, why start over when we are already about to beat the game."

I heard a small "yea, 'cause I beat shadow Sora"

"What was that?!?!" I said, quickly and glaring.

"nothing!......." was all she said.

She gave a sly smile. "Besides," she said "The beginning is so much better! And it shows a lot of Riiikuuuu"

I smiled. I loved Riku. Along with 10000's other fan girls. He was my favorite out of them all. Well, besides Axel, but he's only in COM and the soon to be KH2.

Ember smirk at this. She knew my obsession with Riku, just like I knew her obsession with the spiky haired runt.. I MEAN SORA. yes. Him...

Anyways, I nodded to her, and we quickly grabbed a new memory card and pushed it in. Ember pushed the RESET button and sat back down. We expected to see the normal browser for the PS2, but the screen was completely black, except for a small white dot in the middle.

I sighed and got up, about to push the RESET button again, but I felt Ember's hand on my arm. "No!. look!" she said, pointing at the screen. I looked, and I saw that the small white dot in the middle was getting bigger.

"Hmm.." I said, and got on my knees and checked all the cords. "Everything is in and fine" I stated, getting back up. "Your PS2 hates us, Ember. It doesn't want us to play..."

She stuck her tongue out, and I rested my hand on the TV screen. The small bright dot in the middle began to glow brighter and grow.

"..What the f*ck is it doing?" I asked. Ember sat up and walked towards the TV.

"Maybe its testing us!" she said in a joking voice.

I laughed. "Yea. I bet it's testing if we should stay in the light or be lost in the darkness, eh?" I joked back, but the look on Embers face was serious this time.

I looked at her, with a "... are you serious?!" type face. In fact, that's exactly what I said.

"Your.. not serious, right?" I mean.. why the hell would a electronic device be testing us?

I looked back at the screen, and the whole entire screen was glowing brightly, making everything around me seem hazy.

"Eris..." I heard Ember say as I saw her hand reach towards mine. There was a quick burning sensation in my hand, and it traveled from my palm past my arm, and enveloped my body. It gave me chills, and I tried to remove my hand from the screen. The burning sensation went away, and I felt my body engulfed in something cold. I closed my eyes tightly, as if to shield them from water.. but there was nothing. I looked over and saw Ember, she had the same expression as me. It almost seemed like we were floating in the ocean.

I saw something below us. It wasn't long before I realized it was the ground. I prepared myself for impact, but only to find that me and Ember both landed on the ground feet first, and rather softly. I looked at her, and her expression was the same as mind. Saying "WTF???" was an understatement at the moment.

".....E-Ember.. I don't think we're in Las Vegas anymore.." I said.

Ember nodded. "I don't think we're America any more"

I took a step forward. There was nothing but darkness around us. My stomach gave a flip. Ever since I was a small girl, the thought of the dark scared me. You never know what lies in the dark, staring back at you. Chills ran up my back, as I looked back at Ember. Thankfully, I could still see her. "...I don't even think.. we're on earth.."

I saw her nod, and take a step forward. At the second her feet touched the ground, the floor started to break apart. At first, I expected nothing to be under it, but.. the ground.. was it me or did the ground just turn into a bunch of doves?!

A serious feeling of Deja Vu hit me, and I looked down. Both me and Ember had an astonished look on our faces.

The ground.. Was Snow White!
♠ ♠ ♠
Augh, the first chapter to this story is my least favorite. Give it a chance, it gets a million times better...