I wanna be Synful

Martha Stewart Living

We stood in the front yard gazing at the porch of the Haner residence, none of us wanting to approach. Lexxi was fuming and was afraid she would rip him to shreds, Izzy just didn’t want to be in Brian’s house, and this was new territory to me, having never been to Brian’s before. I was scared of what would happen if he answered the door…
“One of us has to go up there.” Izzy said still staring
“I’m not going in, you go in.” Lexxi said
“I’m not going in, you go in.” I said
“I just said I’m not going in! you go in” Lexxi repeated not taking her eyes off of the porch.
“You go in.”
No, you go in.”
“You go!” I said raising my voice
“umm…guys? I don-“ Izzy started but was cut off by the bickering
“NO YOU GO!” Lexxi yelled
“I’M NOT GOING! YOU GO!” I screamed like a five year old. Someone cleared their throat next to us but neither of us looked up from the spat.
“guys!!” Izzy yelled
“WHAT?!?” we shouted simultaneously looking up to see a smiling Mrs. Haner silently chuckling at our stupidity. I could feel my cheeks getting hot with embarassment.
“can I help you girls?” Mrs. Haner asked politely
“umm…we were just looking for Brian…” I said timidly, embarassed by my soggy, unkempt appearance.
“he’s not in” she said before she glance me up and down a motherly look appearing on her face as she took in my state.
“my dear…look at you. You look like you’ve had a rough day. Come in, and let’s get you cleaned up.” She said taking me by the arm. I looked back at Lexxi and Izzy. Why weren’t they following??? I looked at them confused.
“My mom is gonna want me home soon…” Lexxi said
“and I…just don’t wanna go. BYE!” Izzy said happily.
Greeeaaat. I’m being dragged into a house by a strange woman and my friends just left me alone. Awesome.
Once we were inside Mrs. Haner shut the door and turned me around to face her. She did that thing that moms do where their hands are on your shoulders and they’re like…making an assesment of you or something.
“What’s your name sweetie?”
“My full name or what people call me?”
“how about both…then I can make my own name for you.” She laughed, pinching my cheek.
“my friends call me Nymph because my middle name is Nymphadora (I hate when people call me dora) but my first name is Guinnevere. So I guess, altogether… Guinnevere Nymphadora Black”
“well then Gwen. Let’s see what we can do to turn that frown upside down!” she said with a huge smile. She lead me around different rooms of the house, basically giving me a tour. From the entryway: in front of me there was wide carpeted staircase that curved and led to a balconytype second floor hallway. To the left of that there was a short hall (bathroom on the left, pantry on the right) that led to a very open kitchen/bar area. We turned right upon entering the kitchen and I found that this side of the house was like one big loop. I was standing in a very bright living room that was previously to the right of the entryway. On the left of the entryway it led to the dining room and if you walked straight through the dining room it led to a small corner study that was 50% floorlength window panes. Wow!
Anyway…We were upstairs and reached a door at the end of the hall. I walked through the door and concluded that it was Brian’s room. What were we doing in here? Mrs. Haner reached in the dresser drawers and pulled out some sweatpants and a guns n roses tee shirt.
“Take these, bathroom is right through there” she said as she handed me the clothes. She saw the confused look on my face. “That’s the best bathroom in the house. I figured you might want a shower or a bath seeing as you’re soaking wet and you’re shaking.” She explained. “I’ll be downstairs if you need me. Come on down when you’re done.” She shut the door behind her leaving me standing in the middle of Brian’s room just smiling. Mrs. Haner’s blissful attitude seemed to lift all of my troubles, if only for a little while. I walked into the Bathroom that was attached to Brian’s bedroom and saw immediately why it was the best. Right when I walked in the doorway my eyes fell on the elevated Jacuzzi style bathtub. There was also a modest glass shower and a whole separate room for the toilet! I chose to just take a shower. The thought of the jacuzzi made me shiver. I finished my shower and pulled on the sweatpants and Tee shirt. Before going downstairs I poked at the bruises that were forming on my wrists, knees, calves, and the handprint shaped ones on my upper arms.
I felt so much better after my shower. Mrs. Haner and I got to know eachother by talking…for hours. It was nice to have a “mom” figure to talk to about everything. We talked and laughed and baked cookies! It was like something out of a fricking Martha Stewart Living magazine. The classic “mother-daughter” activities and such. I liked Mrs. H, she was really cool and very comforting to be around. I didn’t want this to end, I was having so much fun. I felt all warm and bubbly around her.
“Oh my! Look at the time! Its 9:30; no wonder I’m beat.” She smiled, “You can stay in the guest room if you’d like. I don’t really feel comfortable sendng you home to an empty house this late at night. OOH! Take Brian’s bed! It’s much more comfy than the guest room! Just do what I do and lock him out…works like a charm!”
“Thanks, Mrs. H! I’d love to stay!” I said enthusiastically. She hugged me.
“Sweetie, you can stay here anytime you’d like! I’m going to bed. Tell Brian good night for me when he gets home. And YOU get a good night’s sleep tonight!” She patted my cheek. “good night, honey.”
“Good night!” I said as she walked upstairs. I felt so safe here. Like I couldn’t do anything wrong. Mrs. Haner made this feel like a second home for me, and I JUST met her! I went into the kitchen and exchanged cookie sheets in the oven, taking out the done ones and putting in the last sheet. I was moving the cookies onto the cooling rack when the front door opened and let my euphoria escape. Brian walked into the kitchen and stopped immediately in the doorway.
“Hi.” I said not looking at him.
“What are…how’d you…huh?” He said flustered
“Lexxi and Izzy brought me here when they found me at the park. Your mom took care of me and then we talked…and baked. She wants me to stay. Cookie?” I said quickly holding out a plate of cookies with one hand and pretending to wipe off the counter with the other so I didn’t have to look at him.
“oh…” he said taking a cookie.
“I can leave if you-”
“NO!” he said startling me. I jumped at his exclaimation and he walked closer to me. “What I mean is…” he lifted my chin to look me straight in the eyes “I want you to stay.”
I didn’t say anything…I just stared at him.
“Listen, I’m sorry about earlier. I was having a fricken crappy day. I didn’t know what to do and I’m not very good with the whole emotions thing so sometimes I just shut up and walk away and I am so sorry.” He ranted
“Are you done?” I smiled
“do you forgive me?” he asked
“yes.” I said
“then yes, I am done. OOH! COOKIES!!” he grabbed a cookie and shoved it in his mouth.
“wow. A.D.O.S. much?” I said laughing. He raised his eyebrow questioningly. “Attention Deficit OOH! SHINY!”
he just nodded. I tried to walk away but he had me cornered at the bend in the counter.
“Where are you going?” he said as he put his hands on the counter on either side of me.
“Why do you want to know?” I responded
“I wanna know what I’m going to be preventing you from doing.” He smirked. I just laughed and tried to push his arm but it didn’t budge. I looked into his eyes, full of hunger and cockyness. He instantly brought his lips down to mine in a fierce kiss. My hands found their way to the back of his head, winding my fingers in his hair. He ran his tongue across my bottom lip making them part, deepening the kiss. He put his hands on my hips and lifted me onto the counter, resting his hands on the small of my back. I wrapped my legs around his waist to me. I pressed us tighter together making him moan. He moved hand to the back of my head, playing with my hair. Things were getting very heated then…DING! We broke apart at the sound of the timer.
“OH CRAP! The cookies!” I said pushing him away with my feet and hopping off the counter. I removed the cookies from the oven. I put them down and turned around to talk to Brian. He was leaning against the bar rubbing the back of his neck. “sooo…” I said. “I think I’m gonna go to bed.” I started to walk away.
“wait. Do you have to go to school tomorrow?” he asked
“no. my school has off for the next week. Why?”
“do you want to come to school with me tomorrow?”
“YEAH! That sounds fun!” I walked over to him. “what time should I get up?” I said brightly.
“Get up when you normally get up. Sooo…” he said.
I laughed and kissed him lightly on the lips. He took that as a sign of ‘ oh let’s make out again’. He wrapped his arms around my waist and brought me closer to him. I was so tired, but he was so hard to resist. He moved us into the hall and pinned me against the wall. He picked me up so I wrapped my legs around his waist. I’m having a major déjà vu moment… he carried me up the stairs. He pinned me against the wall right outside his bedroom door and started kissing my neck. I took this as my oportunity to steal his room.
“Hey Bri, where are you gonna sleep tonight?” I said seductively
“I dunno.” He muttered Smirking. He stopped to look at my face.
“well, ya better find someplace. Cuz you’re not sleeping here!” I said as I jumped out of his arms, ran into his room, and slammed the door. I locked the door and started laughing uncontrollably. He started pounding on the door from the other side.
“HEY! THAT’S NOT FAIR! THIS IS MY HOUSE WOMAN!” he yelled.
“BY THE WAY, YOU’RE MOM SAID GOODNIGHT!” I yelled and crawled into the bed. Oh Emm Gee. This is the softest bed I’ve ever slept in! Awesome. I sunk into the covers and drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay. kinda crappy, don't hurt me! please comment or friend requst me or something! i'm desperate people!