Courage to Continue

Chapter 12:

Minty’s P.O.V:

As soon as I got home, I embraced each member of my family. My parents said they missed me. My older sister didn’t even notice that I was gone. She was too busy with her own life. After tea, I went up to my room and waited eagerly for Gerard to call. After ten minutes or so, the phone rang. “Hello?” I said as I answered it.
“Hi Minty.” I heard Gerard’s sweet voice at the other end.
“Oh, hey. I’ve been waiting for you to call” I said.
“Really? That’s sweet of you” he said. “I hope I didn’t keep you waiting for too long.” I’d wait all day and night for Gerard. It’s amazing how much I’ve grown to love him in just a few days.
“No, not really” I replied.
“Are you doing anything tomorrow night?” he asked.
“No, why?” I hope he asks me to see him.
“There’s this party that me and the guys are going to. You’re invited too” he said. “I’d love it if you came with us?”
“Yeah sure. I’d love to go! Where is it?” I asked.
“Don’t worry, I’ll drive you there.” How nice!
“Who’s party is it?” I asked.
“I dunno” he replied. “Zoe invited me.”
“Zoe? That popular girl in English?” I was amazed. Why would she be talking to Gerard?
“Yeah, I know. Weird, isn’t it? She said she loved our performance” he said.
“Oh really?” Oh shit! Maybe she likes Gerard! Maybe she’s after him!
“Yeah. A lot of people did” Gerard said. I was silently worrying for a while. “Hello? Minty? Are you still there?”
“Huh? Oh, yeah” I replied.
“Is something wrong?” he asked.
“Uh…well…what if Zoe likes you? What if she’s using this party to get close to you?” I said.
“What!? She wouldn’t like me. Besides, I love you. Not her. Not anyone else. Just you” he replied. Oh my god! He just said he loves me!
“You said you love me Gerard” I said, smiling to myself.
“Oh…yeah. I do” he stuttered.
“I love you too” I replied. Gerard laughed lightly.
“I know you do” he said. “And don’t worry about Zoe.”
“Okay, I won’t.” If he said not to worry them I shouldn’t. I trust him.
“Great. I’ll see you tomorrow night then?” unfortunately it was Saturday tomorrow so I wouldn’t see him at school.
“Yeah, bye” I said.
“Moah!” He made a kissie noise. How cute! “Bye Minty.” I hung up before I never wanted to. Then we’d have a petty argument about who should hang up first. I walked over to my wardrobe and picked out some clothes for the party. Gerard had never seen me in casual clothes before. I chose a black and red stripy top, my black skinny leg jeans and my black and white converse. I hope he likes my dress style. I wonder what he’ll wear?