Courage to Continue

Chapter 14:

Minty’s P.O.V:

Oh shit! Where did Gerard go!? Just a moment ago, he was talking to Zoe! I’d been watching them talk for ages after Frank had showed me a huge bowl of skittles that he was so excited about and I had found a drink. Was I paranoid? No…just cautious. She kept handing him alcohol…and he kept drinking it. Should I go and see if he’s alright? After debating with myself over it for a few minutes, I decided that I’d see where Gerard had gone. I walked over to the couch and noticed a closed door nearby. I slowly walked up to it and turned the handle. As the door swung open, a feeling of sadness and anger flowed through me. Zoe lay on top of Gerard on a small couch. She was kissing him violently…and he wasn’t struggling to get away. His shirt was unbuttoned and his hands were placed on her hips. As Gerard groaned into the kiss, I dropped my glass. It shattered into a million pieces, just like my heart. They both looked at me in surprise. Gerard blinked a few times. “Minty?” he slurred, “But…I thought…”
“Fuck you Gerard!” I yelled, unable to control my raging temper. “You said you loved me!” Tears were streaming down my face.
“Minty…I” he started.
“Shut it! I don’t wanna hear your crap!” I turned around and left, unable to take it any longer. He said he loved me. I grabbed a beer and sculled it. I got another and did the same. I kept going until I could no longer think straight. I didn’t care. I wanted to forget everything.

Gerard’s P.O.V:

What the fuck!? Was that Minty? But…I thought this was Minty! I looked at the girl lying on top of my bare chest, attempting to make out who it was through my blurred vision. Shit! This isn’t Minty! It’s Zoe! “What the fuck! Zoe!?” I yelled.
“Yeah…so?” she said, not caring about the situation I was in.
“Get off of me! You lied!” I yelled again. “You told me you were Minty!”
“It’s not my fault you can’t tell who your girlfriend is when you’re drunk!” she said, aggravated. “Besides, I’m better than her. Admit it Gerard.”
“No! Fuck off!” I yelled, pushing her onto the floor. I slowly walked to the door, grabbing my hoodie and buttoning up my shirt as I went. I followed the way that I thought Minty had gone. I had no idea. It was useless even trying. I made my way through the crowded house and went outside. I stood swaying from side to side for some time before I spotted Minty heading up the street with someone. Who was that? I slowly followed them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Thanks for reading once again! I really apreciate it! By the way, someone has read chapter 13 and missed chapter 12...so the story might not make sense to them! Can you check if it is you? Thanks! <3