Courage to Continue

Chapter 18:

Minty’s P.O.V:

At lunch, I had sat with the guys. Gerard and I had spent all lunch holding hands and laughing about silly little things. School was now over and I was waiting for Gerard to come. There was a light knock on the door. Yay! It’s him! I sprang up from my bed and ran to the door to find that it was already open. Gerard was standing with his bag over one shoulder and wearing all black. My mum was staring at him with a confused expression on her face. “Hello?” she said. “May I help you?”
“Oh, hi. I’m Gerard. I’m…uh…Minty’s boyfriend.” My mum’s expression suddenly turned into a smile.
“Hello! Wow! Minty didn’t tell me about you!” she said excitedly. “Come in, come in!” Gerard walked in, noticing me and smiling. I smiled back.
“Hey Minty” he said.
“Hi” I replied. “Mum, can we go up to my room now?”
“Sure honey. Is Gerard staying the night?” she asked.
“Yeah…if it’s okay” I said, smiling innocently at her.
“It’s fine. I’ll send up some dinner for you two in a few hours” she said. I love the way my parents are so understanding.
“Okay. Thanks mum!” I said. I grabbed Gerard’s hand and led him up the stairs to my room, closing the door behind us.
“Your mum seems nice” he said.
“She is” I replied, sitting down on my bed. Gerard sat beside me.
“So…what do you want to do?” he asked. I wanna jump on him and attack him with my lips!
“I dunno…What do you want to do?” I threw the question back at him.

Gerard’s P.O.V:

I wanted to lean over and hug her, never letting go. And then to kiss her to the point of exhaustion. But would she let me, or was she still angry with me? Well…there’s only one way to find out! “This is what I wanna do” I said as I leant over and hugged her. She laughed and hugged me back. It seemed like hours until we finally parted, staring deep into each others eyes. The connection between us was causing sparks to fly across the room, lighting up both our worlds at once. With my arms still behind Minty’s back I pulled her gently towards me, locking our lips together. They joint perfectly, as if we were made for each other. For the first time ever, I was confident with Minty. Using my tongue, I slowly parted her lips. She didn’t pull back or complain. Instead, Minty moaned as I slid my tongue beside hers. It was the softest, sweetest moan I’d ever heard. She moved her hands to my hair, slowly running her fingers through it. Our tongues were now battling each other. Of course, I was winning. Minty was too sweet and innocent to win this battle. I on the other hand was ready to try something new. I carefully leant forward on her, causing her to slowly lean back on her bed. Yet again, she didn’t pull back. We briefly parted from one another to catch our breath before joining together once again. I could feel the beat of her heart against my chest. It was so fast! Pulling away from the kiss, I looked her in the eyes. “Are you okay?” I asked. Maybe she was worried.
“I’m fine” she replied.
“Are you sure? Your heart’s beating really fast. Are you worried about something?” I asked. That’s the last thing I wanted.
“No. I’m just really happy.” She smiled.
“Really? Me too.” I smiled back.
“I’m glad this is what you wanted to do” she said. “Because I wanted this too.”
“I love you Minty” I said.
“I love you too Gerard” she replied. I softly kissed her on the nose, causing her to giggle. I then planted kisses across her neck, causing more laughter. For hours, we continued to kiss and giggle together, enjoying every second of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Hope you liked it! Comments = <3 =)