The Best Of Both Worlds

Ch. 26 'I Can't Deny The Truth:

"It's over?" she repeated. I sighed and nodded. She glared at me and then slapped me. I closed my eyes and then opened them to see her walking away.

"Why?"

I turned around to see Lumiere. She had her hands in her pockets and stared at me with sad eyes. I walked over to her. "Why what?" I asked softly.

"Why did you break up with her...was it my fault?" I shook my head quickly. "I had planned on doing that last night, I just didn't get a chance to and after she did this to you..."

"So it was me?"

"Lumi, no." Tears started to form in her eyes. I placed my hands on her cheeks. She looked into my eyes and I stared into hers. I closed my eyes and brought my lips to hers. I pulled away to look at her. Her eyes were still closed. "You remember, you promised me I could have my Lumi back," I whispered wiping away the tears that rolled down her cheeks. Her eyes opened and her arms went around my waist. "You can," she mumbled.

I lifted her face so that I was looking into her eyes and she was looking into mine. "Lumi, I love you," I whispered. She opened her mouth to say something, but I placed my finger over it. "I mean, I really love you."

"Really?" she asked quietly. I nodded and placed my lips on hers.

"Mason-"

I didn't pull away from Lumiere. I didn't want to, but she pulled away from me. I stared into her eyes and then she looked down at her shoes. I sighed and turned around to see who it was, but nobody was there. I turned back to Lumiere. She was walking away. "Lumi?"

REGULAR POV

I don't know what I want anymore. I wanted Trace, but I also wanted Mason. Trace hates me and I think Mason likes me. I'll never have Trace and Mason is single. I ruined myself because I couldn't decide and because I lied to Mason. I just wanted everything to go back to normal. I just wanted to be friends with Trace and Mason again. I hate change, but I need change.

"Lumiere?"

I stopped in my tracks. "Lumiere, what's wrong?" Mason was standing in front of me now. I looked up at him and shook my head.

"Then why did you walk away?" he asked. I shrugged and looked down at my feet. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I put my arms around his neck. He looked into my eyes and brought his lips to mine. Both of our eyes were still opened. "Lumi," he mumbled.

"Hmmm?"

"Metro Station is going on tour," he said and I pulled away from him.

"When?" I didn't know whether to be excited or sad.

"We're leaving Monday night and it's going to be a two month thing."

I looked down at my feet. Two months, Two months without Trace and Mason. TWO MONTHS! I shook my head and started to walk away. "Lumi!" Tears started to fill up my eyes and I ran. Why would he tell me this NOW?
♠ ♠ ♠
yes, i was listening to Jesse McCartney when i came up with the title. X]
<3brii