The Best Of Both Worlds

Ch. 34 'You have one new message'

REGULAR POV
I could finally smile again. I could see again. I could feel again. I could laugh again. Trace was good company. I was upset when he left, but it was Friday. I could hangout with him tomorrow. I waved bye to him and watched him leave. I lingered in the door until I heard my mom call me.

"Lumiere, I'm not going to yell. Yes, I was worried sick, but I'm not going to yell. What good would it do?"

I shrugged. "I'm sorry though. I just didn't want you to make me go back. They hate me."

My mom hugged me tightly. "We'll figure something out dear."

"Good night mom," I said and then I kissed her cheek. I went up the stairs to my room. I sighed and closed the door. I laid on my bed and looked around the room. Up at the picture Trace had been looking at. I smiled at the picture and then looked at the floor. I spotted my phone. I got up and went to get it. I turned it back on. It read 150 missed calls. My eyes widened. I had one new voicemail. I furrowed my eyebrows. A thousand missed calls, but one voicemail. I was going to just delete it, but I was curious.

You have one new message.
Friday, September 16, 10:30PM

"Oh, um. Lumi, I know you're not going to get this message anytime soon, but I just want you to know that I miss you very much. I can't wait to see you again. And-and Lumi. Lumi, I love you. I love you more than you can imagine. Well, bye Lumi."

My phone slipped from my fingers. How long have I wanted to hear these words? How long have I wanted him to like me back? My eyes watered. Not with sadness, but with joy. I was excited. I bit my lip. I wanted to call him. To tell him that I loved him too. I wanted to let him know that I got his message, but I had to wait. I had to wait until tomorrow. I laid back in my bed with a smile on my face. I fell into a dreamless slumber.

I woke up with a smile on my face. I took a long shower and brushed my teeth, that smile still in it's place. I put on a hello kitty shirt. It was black with her head on the upper-right. I put on some blue jean shorts and some knee high blue socks and black converse. I sprayed cotton candy perfume all over me. I applied some black eyeliner and some mascara even. I put on some pink lip-gloss and smiled at my reflection in the mirror. It was almost perfect. My eyes were still puffy. I hoped this time this wasn't for nothing. I skipped down the stairs. Then my smile faltered. I forgot. I completely forgot.

Erica sat at the table eating pancakes or waffles. Whatever, it didn't matter! But I forgot that Trace was dating her. But he said he loved me. Why would he just send that message. Unless it was sent to the wrong person, but he said Lumi. He said my name! Unless he just meant: "I love you as a friend ", but he said more than you can imagine! I continued into the kitchen. My mom was sitting at the table, too, drinking coffee. "Morning Lumiere."

Erica looked up. "When did you get here?" she asked.

"Last night," I answered.

"Why are you all dressed up?" she asked eyeing me.

"It's a brand new day," I answered. "Mom, I think I'm going to the park."

My mom nodded. "Be careful." I nodded and kissed her cheek. I headed out of the door and to the park so I wouldn't have really lied to my mother. I didn't want Erica to know I was going to the Cyrus house. I walked across the park and down the street to the Cyrus's house. I skipped up the steps and knocked on the door.

The door opened a crack. I smiled at Trace's sleepy face. His eyes widened when he saw me. "Oh, hi Lumiere," he said.

"Sorry, did I wake you? I didn't realize it was so early. I couldn't really sleep last night."

"Oh, well, come in."

"But everyone's still asleep," I protested.

He rolled his eyes and pulled me inside. He was still wearing pajamas. This reminds me of that time I went to Mason's house and he was in his pajamas. Mason. It was the day Trace promised to hangout with me but didn't. Well this time he has no choice. But I wouldn't force him to hangout with me, would I?
♠ ♠ ♠
comments=love &&more Trace
<3brii