The Best Of Both Worlds

Ch. 41 'Torn'

REGULAR POV
When my eyes opened I saw flowers and chocolates and cards and teddy bears. I sat up and looked around. What was I doing in the hospital? Am I dreaming? "Oh, you're awoke?" I turned to see a nurse coming into the room.

"What happened? Why am I here?" I asked worriedly, tears falling from my eyes.

"You had a panic attack. Well, that's what it looks like. Your friends called for an ambulance and got you here as quick as they could." I nodded slowly. It was coming back to me now. Fresh tears filled my eyes. "Do you want your breakfast now?" Though I wasn't really hungry, I nodded, unable to speak.

I grabbed for a card. It was from Miley, Emily and Mitchel. It had flowers on it and said: "Get well really really soon, because life is boring without you and Trace and Mason are being annoying. So please wake up." I smiled slightly. I laid it back up there. The nurse was back with my breakfast even though it was nearly lunchtime.

"You have a visitor, but I told him you were just waking."

"He? Who is he?"

"He said his name was Trace."

I gulped. "Um...send him away," I said softly. She nodded and left me be. I stared at the plate. It had bacon and eggs and biscuits and a cup of pulp orange juice. Ew. I played over my food eating bits and pieces of bacon and tearing the rest and placing it aside. The nurse came by and told me that my I could leave today. She informed me that I was sleeping for three days. That scared me a lot, but I was woke now. She was sending Trace in. She said that he'd offered to take me home. Ugh.

"Hey, Lumi," he said walking in the room. I didn't look at him. I stared at the wall. "Ready to get out of here?" he asked. I nodded, still staring at the wall. He helped me carry everything to the car. I sat in the back seat instead of the front. I quickly got out of the car and walked up to the door. I knocked repeatedly. The door opened and my mom was hugging me tightly. I hugged her back.

"Lumiere!" Miley, Emily and Mitchel ran over to me and hugged me as tight as my mom had. Trace carried my gifts up to my room and then Erica, Blake, Anthony and Mason entered the living room along with Miley's mom and dad and Mitchel's mom and dad. I sat on the couch cross-legged. I didn't say anything while everyone else talked and ate.

"I saw it," I whispered to Miley. "Erica was right."

Miley looked at me and then at Trace and Erica. I looked too. Trace was staring at Miley. Or was he staring at me? I looked away and saw Mason staring at me. I looked at Miley. She looked away.

"Saw what?" Mitchel whispered to me.

"The ring on Trace's marriage finger and Erica's," I answered. "They're-" Mitchel didn't even finish his sentence. "maybe it’s a scam," Emily suggested. I shook my head and got up.

"Where are you going Lumiere?" Emily asked.

I didn't answer. I walked up the stairs and into my room. I slammed the door shut and leaned against the door with tears rolling down my face. I snatched all of the pictures of me and Trace or of me and Mason off of the wall and they fell to the floor. There was a knock at the door. I threw Mr. Snuggles and he hit the wall. I threw all of the flowers and the cards and the teddy bears on the floor.

TRACE'S POV
I sat on the loveseat with Erica. She was babbling on about something, but I wasn't hearing anything. I looked up at Lumiere. She said something to Miley and then Miley looked at me. Lumiere's eyes met mine and then she looked away and at Mason and then she looked at Miley. Miley looked at the floor and then Mitchel said something and Emily...Then Lumiere got up. "Where are you going Lumiere?" Emily asked. I watched her walk up the stairs and then I heard a door slam. It was quiet. I got up and went after her. I didn't care what Erica thought or what look came on Mason's face.

I knocked on her door, but she didn't open it. I heard something hit the wall and I slowly opened the door. My eyes widened when I saw everything thrown all over her floor. All of the photos were ripped from the wall and lying on the floor. Lumiere was laying curled up on the floor, crying. I shut the door and walked over to her. "Lumiere?" I said softly.

She didn't say anything. I got down on the floor next to her. I saw that picture of me and her. It was ripped down the middle. I picked up both of the pieces and looked at the torn picture. The half that I was on was scribbled on with marker. That's when I noticed the marker next to her. I laid the picture down and looked around the room at everything. I sighed and got up. I left her room, slamming the door behind me and then left the house, slamming that door too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment=Love?
<3brii