I Kissed a Boy

Three.

I frantically searched my pockets for something, anything that I could use to cut the rope. My left hand closed around the razor that was buried inside my pocket. It must still be there from the messy break up I had with a girl called Abigail a few days ago. I was dragged from the terrible memories by the sight of Alex. I just managed to reach the rope above the knot and slice through it with the razor, my cheeks now drenched in tears. I caught his almost unmoving body and gently lay him on the floor. I slipped the loop from around his neck.
Ed, get your priorities right. Check he’s breathing first for God’s sake.
I slid the sleeve of his shirt up so I could easily see his wrist. I softly pressed two fingers against the most visible vein, in the hope of finding a pulse. It was there, but only just. I exhaled quietly when I saw his chest rise and fall slightly.
I sat down next him, tears still streaming over my face, and took hold of his icy hand. I managed to text Ali and tell him where I was and told him to come here himself.
‘Please don’t die…’ I begged Alex’s comatose body ‘I’m sorry…’ I knew he couldn’t hear me, but the fact I was apologizing was enough for me. Ali came running around the corner, making me turn my head to look at him.
‘I… He…’ I managed to stutter before he cut in with ‘It doesn’t matter right now, I’m calling an ambulance.’ He pulled out his phone and dialed as fast as he could. While he was on the phone I carried on talking to Alex.
‘This is my fault,’ I muttered, fresh tears appearing on my cheeks ‘I’m sorry.’ I was repeating myself to someone who couldn’t even hear me, but I didn’t care.
‘Please don’t die.’ I was at the point of begging now ‘I won’t be able to live with myself if you do.’
Ali came back over and dragged me up from next to Alex. Tears were sparkling in his eyes.
‘They’re on their way.’ He said, biting his lower lip ‘Now tell me what happened.’
I looked at him, feeling yet more tears prickle my eyes.
‘I… I came to look for him and… and he… he jumped…’ I stammered, bursting into tears again on the last word. He pulled me into a hug and I cried into his shoulder.
I cried even more when I heard the sirens and a car pull up behind me. Ali moved his arms so he was pulling me closer. I never looked to see what they were doing; I didn’t think I could take it. I heard one of the nurses say something to Ali, but it was too quiet for me to hear. I felt him shake his head and a few minutes later the car drove away again.
‘Ed?’ he asked, his voice barely audible. I nodded.
‘We’ve got to go to the hospital. They think Alex might not survive.’
♠ ♠ ♠
='(
Italics are Ed's thoughts btw.
Okay, I'm not sure if this is medically possible...
Thank you to the subscribers and for the comments! Sorry it took a while.
x
S