Back to the Street Where We Began

Nothing Lasts Forever, Except You And Me

'Fast forward 15 years, and here we are!' I said to my teenage daughter Alissa.

‘Aw mom awesome story, I never knew daddy could be so romantic!’

‘He’s a real sweetie your dad is’ I said with a reminiscent smile.

‘Keira? Can you come out onto the deck please?’ I heard Jon calling.

‘Lissa, aren’t you supposed to be going out tonight?’ I asked.

‘Oh yeah, I’m staying over at Georgina’s house. In fact, I gotta go over there now’ she said grabbing a hoodie and her bag ‘See ya tomorrow. Tell dad and Mikey I said bye’ she called over her shoulder.

6 years after we had Alissa, we had our son Michael, or Mikey. He wasn’t planned, but he’s the greatest gift we could’ve asked for.

Keira?! my husband called. I ran through the house and out onto the deck, before a pair of hands covered my eyes.

‘Jonny? What’s going on?’ I said as he led me somewhere.

‘Happy anniversary honey’ he said as he removed my hands.

‘Oh Jon’ I said in complete awe.

He had re-created his proposal. Except this time, he did it with candles and the words,
instead of reading;

Keira = Mrs Jon Walker

They read;

Keira + Jon = Forever

The gesture was so romantic, so thoughtful, so amazing. I couldn’t tear my eyes away from it, but eventually, I heard a cork pop and a glass of champagne was held under my nose.

Taking the glass from him, I said, ‘Thank you Mr Walker’

‘You’re welcome Mrs Walker’ he replied.

‘To another fabulous 15 years’ I said raising my glass in the air.

‘No, not 15 years. Forever’ he said as he kissed me lightly on the lips.

‘Yeah, me and you forever…’
♠ ♠ ♠
Fin

I hope you guys enjoyed it! I sure as hell did! I'm kinda sad it's over though. I'm probably going to start work on a full length JWalk story, so keep your eyes open for that!

Lots of love to the following people for commenting *hugs*

~sugarcanedreams (Emma, you've also kept me going, great comments as well!)
~heartbreakisforever (Ine, thanks for reading! Your comments are always awesome!)
~fourthdrinkinstinct
~MrsUrie
~sugar coated lie

Image

LOLA OUT!