10 More Minutes With You

Almost Too Late

I was dreading going to my locker. Frank’s was only 5 lockers away from mine, it was inevitable that we would see each other there. Mikey dragged me there and opened it up. He grabbed my books while I frantically looked around. Frank was no where to be seen. Mikey walked me to all my classes, and was even waiting outside my door when class was over. All throughout lunch, I was searching for Frank. His perfect little body, just slightly taller then myself. His gorgeous eyes, his incredible hair. But I saw no sign of him.

Tuesday and Wednesday, I still didn’t see him. I started to worry. Has he been gone this whole time? Or did he know that I was coming back, so he was ditching? Does he hate me so much that he doesn’t even want to see me? I got the guts to ask Gerard and Mikey about it on the way home Wednesday.

“Hey, uhm.. guys..” I started. Mikey seemed to know what I was gonna say, so he grabbed me hand, urging me to continue. “This week, school has seemed a bit different…You know? And well, I just sorta happened to notice, that I didn’t see everyone that we, erm, normally see…?” Gerard looked back at me in the mirror.

“I know. I didn’t see Frank either Jess.” He said, the corner of his mouth twitching into what I suppose was meant to be an encouraging smile.

“Yeah, same here.” Mikey piped in.

“Oh. Well, do you guys have any idea where he is?” I wasn’t sure if I wanted to know the answer to my own question. They both shook their heads and the rest of the ride they were silent. I could tell Mikey wanted to talk to Gerard about something, but he didn’t want me to be there, so once we got home I decided to take a shower. When I got out, Mikey was gone.

“Where’s Mikes?” I asked Gerard as I towel dried my hair.

“Oh, he um, went to get Starbucks. He really wanted some.” He replied. I knew it was a lie, but I decided not to ask about it.

“Okay.” I replied, plopping down on the couch, turning on the TV. That seemed like all I’ve done recently. I just watch stupid nothingness on TV. It’s better then facing reality at least.

An hour or so later, Mikey came in. He looked shaky, scared. Gerard’s big brotherness took over.

“…Mikes?” He asked, walking over and hugging his little brother. I heard Mikey whisper something, then look over at me. Gerard nodded somberly, then they both walked over and sat down on either side of me.

“Jess. I went to go see Frank.” He said, staring right at me, watching me carefully. Gerard slid his arms around me, like a big brother. I looked up at Mikey, interested and shocked. Why does he seem so shaken after seeing Frank?

“Tell her.” Gerard said softly, in a tense voice. Mikey nodded several times, as if convincing himself.

“Well, I got to Frank’s house, and I saw him.” He was playing desperately with his hands. “He’s hurt Jess.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! This one was slightly longer. And I know I said I would update on Saturdays, but I'm leaving on a band trip tomorrow and get back late Sunday night. I'm going to attempt to write on the band trip so I will have an update for you guys next Saturday.

Comments are loved.