House of Wolves

Happy Birthday Rebecca

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY,REBECCA”

Rebecca, a petite Singaporean girl was sitting quietly on her bed. She was sobbing and her eyes were red from from crying excessively. She was on the phone with her family just now and they missed her so much.

She took the picture of her family which stood in a silver frame on her desk.

“Mom… Dad…”

She had just turned 15 today and there’s no one who wanted to celebrate it with her. It was only her second day in the House and she barely knew anyone. No one had said anything to her and that made her sadness grew.

Then suddenly she heard a knock on her door. She was not in the mood to open it so she just kept silent and continued to sob on her bed.

“Rebecca? You there?” came Esther’s voice from the door.

“Rebecca,open up! I wanna asked you about Maths!” Esther called again.

Rebecca walked with a heavy sigh and opened the door. “Esther, I’m not in the mood for maths…”

Then out of nowhere, the whole population in the House Of Wolves appeared in front of her.

“SURPRISE!!!!” the girls shrieked. The House Captain, Haru was carrying a white cake with colourful candles on it, and the girls started singing the brithday song.

Mr. Way was there too. He was holding a small home made doll in his hand and gave it Rebecca.

“The girls made this for you....Happy birthday, Rebecca,” he said and planted a kiss on Rebecca’s cheeks. The girls went ooh - aahed and soon, every residents in the House were crammed together in the Common Room, eating the cake and enjoying themselves.

Rebecca looked at the girls and smiled.

We’re family now...

****

Image
The Cake

Image
The House Master and the doll