House of Wolves

Anthem


It was yet another House Assembly at the House Of Wolves.

“ Okay, the purpose of this meeting today is to talk about the House song, our House anthem…” he said. “We need to have our own song, a song which represents us, which makes us proud of being one of the Wolvers, a song that inspires…”

“Anyone have any suggestion?” he asked and looked at the girls who sat in front of him. The girls looked at each other.

“No one?” Gerard asked again. The girls shook their heads.

“Okay then, maybe we should be working on one….” He said.

“But sir, we don’t know how to write music…” Maegan asked.

Gerard smiled at her. “ It’s okay. That’s why we have to work together…”. Gerard walked and sat on the Common Room thick Belgian carpet and the girls circled around him.

“Taylor? You ready with the guitar?” Gerard asked the brown-and-red haired girl. Taylor nodded.

“Okay, we’ll start with one line, and began adding one by one, until it came to one complete verse…” Gerard said. He had a pen and a paper in his hand, and he began scribbling something on the paper.

“I know a thing about contrition…” He reads and turned to Sasha. “Okay, Sasha, add one line to it…”

Sasha scratched her head. “Err… I have no idea…” she said. Gerard smiled.

“Anything, just anything at all..”

She scratched her head again and slowly mumbling… “ Because I got enough to spare?”

Gerard wrote the line Sasha said and pointed to Nita Mae who sat beside her. “Okay, your turn Nita.”

One by one, the girls added more lines to it. .

“Okay, let’s try the first verse… “Gerard said.

Taylor began playing a few simple chords on her guitar and Gerard began singing.

“ I know a thing about contrition, because I got enough to spare, and I’ll be granting your permission ‘cause you haven’t got a prayer… Well I said hey hey hallelujah, I’ma come on sing the praise, so let the spirit come on through ya, we got innocence for days…”

“Err… sir? what’s up with the last two lines? It sounded scary…” said Nichola.

“Who wrote the last 2 lines?” Gerard asked.

London and Charlotte raised their hands.

“I don’t know why I wrote it… Last night I saw a ghost by my window… And I don’t wanna be scared of it anymore, thus the line ‘ let the spirit come on through ya’” London explained.

Gerard nodded. “That’s really great, London.” The girl blushed.

“And Charlotte? Why ’we got innocence for days?’ “ Gerard asked.

“ Urm… I was just pissed off coz you said something about my hair on my first day here… I got a pink strips underneath but it doesn’t mean I’m a bad girl…” Charlotte said sadly.

Gerard smiled. “ Aww Charlotte… it’s not like that…” He said and gave Charlotte a hug. Charlotte was already melted inside and the other girls watched with jealousy.

“Okay, let’s start with the next verse. Ean, you’re next.” Gerard said.

“Well I think I’m gonna burn in hell…” She shook her head and mumbled with sarcasm in her voice.

“That’s great!” Gerard said.

“Eh? But I havent said any line yet!” Ean protested.

“I thought that was your line?” Gerard asked. Ean shook her head. “ No, I was saying that to myself!” She argued.

“Well, that sounded good enough to me,” Gerard said and wrote the line down.

Then the thirty girls took their turn, adding more lines to the song and of course, Gerard modified several lines so that it will fit in nicely with the song.

By the end of the session, they got a complete song for their house anthem. And when Gerard sang it with Taylor playing some simple chords on her guitar, everyone was amazed.

“We write a fuckin’ great song!!!!” Brandy said. Gerard smiled and give her a ‘warning’ sign with his finger.

“Oh, sorry. We write a fa… urm, great song!!!” she corrected herself.

Writer’s note: And that was how the official anthem of the House Of Wolves was created. Gerard and the rest of MCR guys love the song so much that they finally decided to throw in some great musical arrangements with the guitars and drums, and put it on their new record.

The song was titled ‘HOUSE OF WOLVES’, on the seventh track of MCR’s new album ‘The Black Parade’.

Long live House Master Way and MCR!!! Yay!