House of Wolves

The Ultimate Music Lesson

THE ULTIMATE MUSIC LESSON

It was music period in the senior class of King Edward School. The students were already gathered in the music room- a large room, like a major recording studio with a lot of musical instruments. A few electric and acoustic guitars proudly sat on one side together with other string instruments, a grand piano pushed to one corner, a drum set and a few other percussions in another.

The class grew quiet when Ray walked into the music room. He walked and stood in front of the class while the students looked at him- smartly dressed in a three piece suit, just like the other teachers in King Edward School.

“Good morning, class. I’m Dean Toro and I’ll be teaching music for your class…” He began. He walked to one side of the room and took a Fender electric guitar.

“And for this class, we’re going to learn guitar…” He said, and put the guitar on his lap and started playing an intro to MCR song- Demolition Lover.

Frank Iero, an old student scoffed.

“Is that all you can do?” He said and laughed.

Ray looked up at Frank.

“Mr. Iero, please do not disturb the class…” He said and began lecturing on the basic guitar chords. The students gathered around him and paid attention to him as he demonstrated.

“This is C major. Try it, Esther…” He said and handed the guitar to Esther.

“That’s very good. Now Yuki, your turn…”

And the students took turn to play the chord he taught. Everything was going just fine until the guitar reached Frank’s hand.

Frank played the C major and then continued to play the intro to ‘This Is How I Disappear’. He stood up and played the guitar with all his heart, kicking and jumping from everywhere until he finished the song.

The students looked at him with wide eyes.

“Whoa…” They murmured. A guy named Matt at the back walked and gave Frank a pat on his shoulder.

“That’s great, Frankie!” he said and Frank smiled widely.

“I don’t need this cheap guitar class, Dean Toro. I already know EVERYTHING about guitar,” he boasted.

Ray shook his head. He was tired of facing this kind of show-off students but he got a method to deal with them.

“Okay Frank, if that’s so… then why don’t you and I play together and let the students decide on who’s better…” Ray said calmly. Frank nodded. He walked and took a white guitar with a large ‘Bella’ word emblem on it.

“You got it, Mr. Toro!” Frank said. Both of them walked in position and were about to start playing when Mikey Way raised his hand.

“I wanna join!” He said, and grabbed a Fender bass guitar.

“Sure, Mr. Michael Way. You can join. Anyone else?”

The students shook their heads. And as if by cue, Principal Bryar walked into the class.

“Hello class. I’m doing my daily round and…” he said and paused as he saw Ray, Frank and Mikey were already in their position to play.

“You’re just in time, Principal Bryar… Come on, play the drums!” Ray said. Bob smiled and walked to the drum set and he began playing some routine from one of MCR song.

“Okay everyone, we’re gonna play you a song and since Mr. Gerard Way cant be here because he has to supervise a biology test, so we wanna hear you singing in his place, okay?” Ray said and they began playing the intro to ‘Dead’.

“And if your heart stops beating, I’ll be here wondering did you get what you deserve~!!! ” the students began singing with all their hearts.

************************

Image
Principal Bryar and Dean Toro with Mikey, Frank and some of the students after music class. And oh yeah, House Master Way decided to drop by after the Biology test... Yay MCR!
::clap: