Kiss Me, I'm Contagious

COMFORT FOOD.

“Vanilla, chewy chocolate, wild strawberry, aha, and rum and raisin. Your personal favourite.” Nate smiled gently at me as he passed me a tub of rum and raisin ice cream. The four of us were sitting together on the cold kitchen tiles by the refrigerator with only the small table light turned on. Eating ice cream together in the kitchen was something we always did when anyone of us had a bad day. We did it when Nate got dumped by this chick he really loved, when Trevor had to endure a disgusting date with a girl we nicknamed Horny Holly, and when Jeremy nearly failed to graduate. Today, it was my turn.

“Mmm.” Trevor cooed as he shoved a enormous scoop of chocolate ice cream into his mouth. I laughed at him.

“Lucky for us we don’t have horrible days every time. Else we’d all be obese.” Jeremy joked and all of us nodded.

“Summer Kelly Merrick.” I said aloud to myself and shrugged. “Weird.” I mumbled.

“Try really weird.” Trevor added on. “Switch.” He announced and we all switched our tubs of ice cream with the person on the right.

“Makes me wonder who my parents are. Who knows, I may have royal blood.” Nate spoke as Jeremy expressed his disgust.

“Royal blood my ass.” Jeremy mocked and broke into fits of chuckles. “Switch!” He screamed and we did.

“Ew, Trevor. Yuck.” I pointed at the mess of Strawberry ice cream in the tub he just gave me. He grinned stupidly. “Switch, switch, switch!” I repeated continuously but no one listened to me.

“I just got the chocolate, Summer.” Nate whined and I teased him. I placed the tub of disgusting strawberry ice cream on the floor and leaned back on the kitchen cabinets.

“What if she didn’t dump me at the home?” I pondered loudly and stared at the guys.

“You wouldn’t know me. Which is quite a pity, honestly.” Nate replied while chewing his ice cream in his mouth exaggeratedly. I stared at him.

“What? It’s chewy chocolate.” He retorted.

“You’d grow up to be all posh and stuff. If you cross us on the streets, you’d look down on us. Like all those other posh kids do.” Jeremy said quite seriously. I sighed, I guess he was true.

“That would suck.” Trevor commented as he grabbed the tub of strawberry ice cream.

“But wouldn’t life be better growing up there? I mean, we wouldn’t have to go through all the shit we’ve been through. Maybe not so much for you two, more for me and Nate.” I continued, memories of the past flowing into my head. Nate put his tub of ice cream down.

“Yeah, I guess so. You know, I’ve always wondered how life would turn out for me if my parents didn’t dump me.” Nate whispered sadly. I totally understand how he felt. “I always wanted to find out why they left me because, like you, I believe they would surely have a good reason. But not anymore. The truth hurts more, sometimes.” He ruffled my hair and gave me a supportive smile.

“She dumped me so she could have a career, and a perfect life.” I said in a disgustingly sweet voice and the boys laughed.

“More like perfect lie.” Jeremy muttered.

“You know, while you both are in such an emotional state,” Trevor stood up and grabbed something from the kitchen table. “Write a song, man.” He flung a notebook and a pen at us. Nate and I gave him the finger while Jeremy nearly choked on his ice cream.
♠ ♠ ♠
UPDATEEEEEE :D

Please check out my other stories, thank you. =)