Kiss Me, I'm Contagious

AND TODAY, SHE DECIDED IT’S ALL OVER.

“Excuse me?” I swirled around and stared at Zack. He snubbed out his cigarette in the ash tray beside him.

“You know what I mean.” He answered mysteriously.

“Well yeah, he’s been calling me like three times a day last time asking about my cousin.” I quickly replied Zack. I have been giving stupid excuses to Alex all the time like how London was in the toilet, how she was cooking, and how she was sleeping. I didn’t even realize that he hadn’t been calling recently until Zack mentioned it.

“I’ve been telling him not to call. Because he’d only make himself seem desperate. And that it was never going to work out with London because she’s not his type.” He continued, eyes practically boring holes into mine.

“Well done!” I did the fakest laugh ever. “I’ve been trying to tell him that since day one but he wouldn’t listen. Gooo Zack! You did it!” I cheered and then totally regretted it.

“I know you’re London, Summer.” His words echoed in my head continuously.

“What?” I pretended to laugh it off. “I know we’re like, identical but I’m not her.”

“Save it.” He shot back. “You both have that 3 funny moles that form a line on your right palm.” He took hold of my right hand and turned it over. 3 funny moles stared right back at me.

I didn’t know what to say. I just stared at him.

“I saw it when I gave you a coke when you came by our house the other time. And I remembered seeing it when you waved to the crowd after your band got the Best Breakthrough Artist award. The camera was like zoomed in on you.” He explained further. “I think I’m the only observant one in All Time Low.”

“Why didn’t you tell them?” I whispered, still a little stunned by everything.

“I was going to, after you left. But when I heard how Alex spoke about you, well, London, I just couldn’t.” I didn’t know if he was angry or disgusted with me because he had no emotions on his face. Humiliation and guilt swept over me. I opened my mouth to speak but he continued.

“Why did you do it? Was it some form of a sick joke your band decided to pull?” He probed and I looked down at my feet.

“No! It was just a dare my friends made me do. To dress up that way. And then I had to bump into Alex, I didn’t planned for this!” I cried in frustration. “I didn’t want to drag things on at all but I guess I couldn’t...” My voice trailed off slowly.

“You like him?” Zack was smiling now and he made me feel better. “Was any of it real?”

“Yes, every single bit of it. That was all me. I just didn’t look like me.” I tried to convince him and he started laughing. “It’s true!”

“Well, you sure did a good job. If I didn’t notice the freakish moles I wouldn’t even thought you were her. I mean, no way was Summer Taylor ever going to look like that!” He laughed harder but I didn’t find this amusing at all.

“Dude, shut up.” I hissed at him, worried if someone might overhear our conversation.

“Why don’t you just tell Alex everything? It must be tiring to keep this lie going on.” Zack suggested and I nodded.

“You don’t know how hard it is. If this leaks out, I’m dead. Seriously.” I told him gravely and he grunted in agreement. “And are you crazy? Alex would hate me for the rest of his life. I’m just going to ignore him forever and if he asks about London, I’ll say that she’s gone.”

“You should tell him.” He repeated firmly. “If you really like him.”

“I don’t know.” I whined, pushing my hair back. Folding my arms, I just stared at Zack quietly.

“Sure, he’d definitely get pissed at first, anyone would. But it’s better if you tell him, and get all of this over and done with before he finds out the hard way. You can’t keep going on like this forever.” Zack reasoned. He reached over and squeezed my shoulder reassuringly. Maybe he was right, maybe I should tell Alex the truth. I was sick and tired of having to lie so much. If he doesn’t want to accept me for who I am, then maybe he just isn’t the guy I’m looking for.

“Yeah, I think I will.” I finally declared loudly. Taking in a deep breath, I smiled at him, tears of relief forming up in my eyes. “But till then, not a squeak about this to anyone. Deal?”

“Deal.”

“Summer, would you like to come upstairs?” I turned around and saw Nancy gesturing at me from the spiral steps. Claire was behind her twirling with her hair.

“Thank you so much.” I whispered to Zack, smiling gratefully.

“Welcome, sis.” He mouthed and grinned. “Oh, and may I add something?” I nodded.

“I think you and Alex have a whole lot of fate on your side.”
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

I'M ULTRA MEGA SUPER SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR WHAT, MONTHS?!?! I AM SO SORRY, THINGS GOT HARD, MAJOR HARDCORE THAT I ALMOST FORGOT EVERYTHING. LIKE REALLY I'M SO SORRYYYYYYYYY

SO THIS IS A GIFT. I PROMISE I'LL BE UPDATING REGULARLY NOW! :D