Run Baby Run

Settling In

It took us 2 days to get there because my father decided to make stops. We didn’t talk much a small conversation here and there. When we arrived at the house it was huge. I didn’t expect it to be that big for only two people.
“Here we are” my dad stated overjoyed.

“Yup” I said with a sigh “I’m going to go look at my room”

“Sure go ahead, I’m going to start bringing in the boxes, ok?”
I nodded and ran upstairs and picked the room I wanted. It was a very big room and the closets was very nice. My dad made good money and was going to use it. But don’t think I’m a rich bitch or something, I barely get anything and when I did he was buying my love.

“Belz come down here and help” my dad yelled from downstairs.

“I’m coming” I yelled as I was running down the stairs. Then I saw my boxes piled in a corner. I walked to them and carried two at a time up to my room. After I was done I went in my room and closed the door. I started to unpack. It took me two hours to unpack everything and hang some stuff up. I sat on my bed trying to enjoy the silence around me. Two minutes passes by and the silence was broken by a knock at my door.

“Bell can I come in” my dad asked.

“ Sure” I said quietly and he entered the room.

“I want to talk to you” he said hesitantly sitting next to me on my bed.

I nodded “ Ok, shoot”

“ I want to tell you that I love you and I am sorry about what me and your mother put you through” he stopped and sighed “I’m going to be working a lot so I wont be home much and when I am I will probably be sleeping or working in my office”

“Dad I don’t want to mean or anything but basically your telling me that I have to take care of myself right?” I said with a little anger in my voice. I don’t want to sound like a spoiled brat but this isn’t the first time. I started doing things independently when I turned 13 my parents were never around.

He patted me on the knee “I guess so” then he walked out of the room. I sighed heavily and look at the clock. It read 4:30 pm and my stomach growled. I went to my dad’s room and found him putting his stuff away.

“Dad?”

“Yes” he asked hesitantly.

“I’m hungry can we order something?”

He stopped what he was doing and grabbed his keys “Chinese sound good?”
I nodded piously at the question. He chuckled slightly “Lets go” he walked in front of me and I followed. We hopped in the car and found a decent place to eat. We parked the car and got out.

“Finally” I laughed “I though I was going to eat my arm off”

“Lets get to eatin’ then” my dad replied.

We walked in and ordered our food. A couple of minutes later we were eating.

“ I forgot to tell you that you are starting school tomorrow” my dad started.

“Wonderful” I replied dryly.

“Come on Belz don’t be like that. Your going to like it and you will make plenty of friends” my dad defended. I just rolled my eyes and finished my food.

“Wanna go buy some new clothes for school?” my dad asked. See he was doing it again trying to buy my happiness.

“Yeah sure” I shrugged.

I started taking my new stuff out of the bags and putting them were they belonged. It was already ten. “Bed time” I said to myself. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I went downstairs to see my dad on the deck that was in the backyard.

“Goodnight Dad” I pulled him into a hug.

“Goodnight Belz” he kissed my forehead. Then I slowly walked to my room. When I finally reached it I crawled under my covers and fell fast asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
i sux i know!