Run Baby Run

Finding Friends

I woke up to my alarm clock sounding off. I rubbed my eyes because everything was a blur. Then I looked at the clock and it read 6 am. I sighed and got up and walked to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and took a quick shower. Then I walked out of the bathroom and to the closet so see what I could find. I grabbed my fitted Gun’s N Roses shirt and my favorite pair of faded jeans. I put them on and then grabbed my chuck taylors and slipped them on. My make up consisted of heavy duty eyeliner and mascara. I dried and straightened my hair. Then I grabbed my backpack and walked out of my room.

“Dad?” I called out just so see if he was home.

“Yeah?” my dad called from the kitchen. When I heard him I went downstairs.

“Morning” I said somewhat cheerfully.

“Good morning, grab something you can eat on the way”

I nodded and grabbed pop tarts and a juice box “Lets roll” I said.

My dad smiled and started walking to the door and I followed closely behind. He unlocked the car and I jumped in. School started at 7:30 and I was already 7.

“Dad how far away from are we from the school?” I didn’t want to walk alone around school.

“About 15 minutes away”

I was a bit annoyed by that fact “Then why are we leaving now?”

“Because Belz I have to work”

Fifteen minutes later we arrived and it was already packed. My dad stopped the car so I could get out.

“Bye honey, have a great day” some one was a bit excited.

“Bye” I said barely above a whisper. He left and there I was alone and I was going to stay way. Well that’s what I thought.

I walked to the outdoor cafeteria to find everyone talking and socializing. I sat down on an empty table just observing everyone. Then I saw a guy and his friends pas me. He was tall and had brown hair, and he had the most beautiful hazel eyes I have ever seen. I didn’t really pay much attention to his friends. He gave me a smile that showed his dimples and I felt my heart flutter. He kept on walking and I felt my cheeks grow hot and looked down.

Stupid!

Then I got up and walked to the office. I was given my schedule and then I heard the bell ring. I looked down at my schedule and groaned “Chemistry? Great” then I walked to building 9 and entered the room. Everyone was talking and the teacher looked at me.

“You are?” the teacher looked at me weird,

“Belinda Warner” I finished for him.

“Right, you can sit in that seat” he said pointing to an empty seat in front of a kid. I sat down and then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around.

“Hey, I’m Brian” he had a nice voice and his chocolate brown eyes could hypnotize someone. But they were nothing compared to the guy I saw this morning.

“I’m Belz” I smiled.

“Are you new?, because I haven’t seen you around before”

I nodded “Yeah I am, I suppose your not”

He shook his head “Nah, what classes do you have?”

I took my schedule and handed it to him. “Wow you have 3 of the 5 classes with me”

I smiled “Nice, now which ones would that be?”

“This one, English, and History”

I nodded my head and right when I turned my head he grabbed my attention.

“Are you sitting with anyone at lunch?”

I shook my head “No why?”

“I just didn’t want you to sit alone and you seem pretty cool.”

“Thanks”

He smiled “Alright well I will find you and you can sit with me and meet the rest of the gang”

Right when I was about to protest the teacher spoke up “ Ok class, open to page 123 and do questions 1-20” I groaned and did my work.

The bell rang and it was time to go to second period. I walked out of the classroom and was in the hallway already. Then I heard my name being called.

“Hey Belz wait up” Brian yelled running trying to catch up to me. I stopped and waited for him. Then he caught up.

“What’s up?”
“Do you need help finding your next class?”

I wanted to say no but I didn’t want to be late either “Sure, I have Math”

He nodded his head and in 2 minutes we were there. “Here you are. We both have English next so I will meet you after class” he smiled.

“Alright” I smiled back and he started to walk away.

When I walked in the classroom everyone was in their seat.

The teacher cocked his eyebrow at me and then asked the same question my other teacher did “and you are?”

I finished the sentence yet again “Belinda Warner”

He nodded “Find a seat”

I turned around and walked down an aisle and saw and empty seat and there was an empty seat next to mine. I was somewhat glad to be alone. Then the late bell rang and right when it did a boy came running in. The teacher looked up at him “Late again Mr. Baker”

Then the boy smiled “I’m afraid your wrong Mr. Smith”

The teacher laughed “and why is that?”

“ I was in the room right when the bell rang and not after, so technically in not late”

The teacher nodded “find a seat Baker”

The boy saluted him “Yes sir” Then he came walking to the aisle next to me and my eyes met his. They were the perfect shade of green and they sparkled in the light. He broke our gaze and sat in the empty seat next to me. The teacher was 10 minutes into talking when the boy next to me caught my attention.

“Hi” he said with a smile and I returned it.

“Hey”

“Are you new?”

I sighed-I hated being the ‘new kid’ “yeah I am”

He nodded “The names Zack”

I smiled “My name is Belz”

“Where you from?” he asked.

“New York” I answered.

“That’s cool, why’d you move here?”

I didn’t want to answer and I didn’t even want to think about it. I frowned and he noticed.

“I’m sorry” he started “I didn’t mean to be nosy”

I shook my head “No, no its cool. Its just that I don’t like talking about it”

He nodded “I understand” then he smiled and began again “and sorry again for asking” but I could feel the curiosity still lurking in the air.

“Its that my parents got a divorce and my mom didn’t want me so I moved with my dad, here”

His eyes softened and his voice became a whisper “I’m sorry”

I shook my head again “Its cool” we both smiled at each other and paid attention in class.

The bell rang and that ended my misery of math class but Zack made it entertaining. He joked around and made fun of the teacher a lot.

“Where you off to now?” Zack asked as we were exiting the classroom.

“English” I replied back and then I heard Zack’s and my name being called. We both turned around and saw Brian and that’s when I realized they knew each other.

“Hey Belz, I see you have met my best friend” Brian said smiling at me.

“I guess she did” Zack laughed.

“She is going to be sitting with us at lunch, that cool?”

Zack had a huge smile on his face “That’s fucking awesome. Yo I have to get to class see you next, ight” Brian nodded and then Zack gave me a hug “later hoes”

Brian and I laughed “Hoes huh?”

Then we started walking to English and Brian started a conversation.

“You like Zack?”

I looked at him funny and then he rephrased “ I meant as a friend and didn’t mean anything more”

I laughed and nodded “Yeah he’s pretty funny”

Brian smiled “Cool, well now you get to meet another friend of mine and soon to be yours” Right when he said that a guy came up to us. Then I realized it was the same guy from this morning and my stomach flipped and heart fluttered once again. Then he spoke and his voice was amazing.

“Hey Brian”

“Hey Matt I want you to meet someone” then Brian gestured toward me “this is Belz”

I looked up and smiled. Our eyes locked and he smiled at me “Hi Belz, I’m Matt”

“Hi” I said cheery and god did I feel stupid once again.

“Now that we all know each other lets get to class”

Me and Matt nodded and we all started walking to class. We talked about where I was from and what I liked. Same questions you get when your new. But neither of them asked what Zack did I guess he was the nosy one. Lets see if I can survive lunch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next one is to come. This might not be the greatest story but im trying!