Run Baby Run

We've Had Our Fights And Been Black And Blue

Seeing my dad open his eyes slowly, he smiled weakly at me and tried to move but winced in pain. I quickly stood up from the chair that I was sitting in, which was distant from his bedside, and went to assist him in whatever he needed help in.

“Dad, stay still, you need to stay lying down” I said running my hand through his hair. He frowned slightly and had a look of concern.

“Baby, what happened to you? What did the doctors say you have?”

I smiled “Oh I’m fine, don’t worry dad. What you should be worrying about is yourself. You have a concussion and they want to keep you here overnight just to keep a watch on you if anything would happen”

He had a look of relief but he still didn’t look convinced “What happened? Did the police find out who did this to us” His forehead then lifted “And Matt, is he okay?”

“Someone was breaking in and they still don’t know who did it yet but they’re investigating it” I lied through my teeth. I felt guilt that I still have not said anything about Tony or anyone that he was involved with. I was causing everyone pain and giving everyone nothing but trouble. I slipped my hand into my dad’s and spoke softly “I don’t know, I haven’t seen him since we got here, which was about a couple of hours ago”

“You should go check on him, do you know if he’s hurt?”

“Yeah, when To-the robbers attacked me, Matt charged right after them. He didn’t let them do much damage to me”

He squeezed my hand gently and smiled “He really does care for you Belinda”

I forced a smile, knowing Matt deserved much better than me. He was always getting hurt because of me and I just needed to find away to stop it. I’m tired of feeling so much guilt, but who am I to complain? Have I not prevented such a thing from happening? I was oblivious to the fact that no matter how much anyone around me gets hurt they will always stand by me and that was one of my problems. Why can’t anyone just dislike me from all that I have done and let me be over with it? I snapped my head into the direction of the room door and saw Matt walking in with a slight limp. He smiled at me and my father; I looked at him and imagined how hurt he was. He had a bruised eye and temple, a busted lip, his knuckles were wrapped in bandages and I only could picture in my head how bruised his back must have been. He turned his attention to my father as he greeted him.
“Hey, George, how are you feeling?”

My dad smiled “Okay, and you?”

Matt shrugged “Eh I’m okay, a couple of bruises here and there; nothing I can’t shake off” he chuckled. He slowly walked to one of the two empty seats and sat down. He wasn’t completely happy because his face sure didn’t show it, but what should I be expecting? He was beaten the crap out of and almost close to death again.

“I want to thank you for keeping Belinda safe, I’m very glad that she has you to protect her when I can’t” my father stuck out his hand and Matt got up and shook it.

“I do it because she means everything to me” He looked at me and smiled and I smiled back. Looking back at my father, Matt received an approving look from my father before looking back at me “I’ll wait for you outside” He slowly walked out in silence.

“He really likes you Belz” my father laughed.

“I know and I really like him,” I then smiled “so does that mean he has your approval?”

He cocked an eyebrow at me and laughed “Yes, but that doesn’t mean you can do whatever you want”

“I know dad, trust me”

“I do” He then pulled me closer to him and kissed me on my forehead “Now go home and get rest, you have your cell?” I nodded and he continued to speak “If anything I’ll call you, okay baby?”

“Yup” I gave him a hug and walked out of the room. I walked down the hallway and saw Matt sitting in the waiting room, talking on the phone. I walked slowly and tried to listen to what he was saying,

“No, she’s fine…yes, and her dad too.” He ran one his hands through his hair “My dad? He’s still sick; they don’t want to see him, because he doesn’t have insurance; which is complete bullshit. No, Brian, I can’t do that. Because I just can’t, what if she finds out? Or if we get caught? You don’t know that…” he exhaled deeply “Okay, I’m in” He then hung up then phone and looked up and locked his eyes with mine.

“What was that all about?” I asked.

He shook his head and then stood up “Nothing, babe, don’t worry about it”

I looked at him sternly and prodded “Tell me”

He gave me a frustrated look “Nothing, okay? Can we just go home now?”

“Matt, tell me, what don’t you want me to find out?”

“Nothing” his eyes were turning dark and his jaw clenched.

Feeling anger I started walking out of the hospital, leaving him to follow behind me. I heard my name being shouted but I simply ignored him and just could here the faint beating my heart. Feeling frustration and anger take over me, I felt sick and vomited once again but this time into the bushes. I felt his hand holding my forehead and quickly pushed him away from me.

“Leave me alone!” I yelled as I spat the disgusting taste of vomit out of my mouth. I wiped my mouth with the sleeve of my sweater and turned around to face him. His eyes were cloudy with anger and sadness but I ignored them. I went passed him and walked to the car and opened the door. As I entered the passenger side of the car I slammed the door closed and rested my head against the head rest. I waited in silence for him to come inside the car. He sat in the driver’s seat and faced me.

“What the hell is your problem?” he spat.

“You want to know my problem?” I said facing him “My problem is that you’re keeping secrets from me and when I want to know you don’t want to tell me shit! What am I supposed to do? I have to be concerned because God knows what you’re doing behind my back” I folded my arms holding the tears back, I always had that thing that when I was angry I cried.

“Why can’t you just fucking trust me? Is that so hard to do? Just because Tony did shit doesn’t mean I’m doing any of those things!”

“Why do you have to fucking bring up Tony? Can we just forget about him?”

“No! We cant just forget about the guy who’s trying to kill us and every time he tries to hurt us and someone comes to help us you never say anything and I don’t open my mouth because I don’t want any problems between me and you, but apparently that’s still not good enough for you! Its like I never am!” he practically yelled.

“That’s not true! I love you so much and I try so hard to make everything right but it just doesn’t cut it! I’m trying my best to make everything better; I’m trying to make everyone happy while keeping myself happy!” Tears were escaping my eyes and slipping down my cheeks “I’m sorry if I caused you that much pain! Maybe we shouldn’t be together if that’s the case” I exited the car and slammed it shut behind me. I started walking across the grass to reach the sidewalk but I was stopped by Matt’s strong voice.

“I don’t want you walking, I’ll give you a ride” he said angry. I turned around and sat in the car in silence as he started the car. He was now driving me home and not a word was said between us.

We pulled up into his driveway and I looked at him confused. He parked the car and turned off the ignition and stayed silent tracing the steering wheel with his fingers. The car was quiet due to the fact that neither of us said a word and we didn’t intend to. We were silently debating who was going to speak first.

“I want to be with you, Belinda” He whispered softly as he slowly reached for my hand. I laced my fingers with his and felt so much guilt as I looked into his eyes. He then started to speak again “I’m sorry I said those things but-”

“No” I whispered “You’re right. I should be able to trust you and I always let Tony get away with things but” I sighed “I have my reasons”

He nodded “I know, but I should tell you it’s just that-”

“It’s okay Matt, really” I smiled weakly “I hate when we fight”

He ran his hand against my cheek softly and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear “Me too”

We leaned closer to each other and connected our lips. As we kissed, I felt his tongue glide across my lip begging for an entrance, and I gave it to him. He slipped his tongue between my parted lips and danced his tongue with mine. As we fought for dominance he placed his hand gently behind my head to deepen our kiss and his other hand traveled down my back. I cupped his face into my hands letting him win the battle this time and enjoying every minute of being close again. His lips pulled away from mine and trailed down to my neck and kissed behind my ear and his breath made every hair on my neck stand. I moaned silently as he kept on kissing and nibbling on my sensitive spot. He then pulled away completely and faced me, “Let’s go inside”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here ya go!! Thanks to all the comments and subscriptions!!! I love those!!!
-K