The Da Vinci Term

House Master Way leaving for tour...

“He’s coming any minute now,” said Annabeth, opening Common Room heavy mahogany door. “Are you guys ready?”

The girls in the room nodded. They heard the sound of footsteps coming towards the Common Room. “House Master Way is on his way!” Annabeth screamed.Some girls ran a quick final check on the food on the table and as the House Master stepped in, the girls yelled,

“Surprise!!!”

House Master Way didn’t move. In fact… he seemed frozen to the spot.

“Party? Again?” He said, scratching his head.

“Yes sir! Party!” the girls said.

“What’s the occasion?” he asked.

“To celebrate that we’re all safe from the flood…” said Alicia.

“And to say goodbye before you left for MCR tour!” Sarah added.

Gerard stared at the girls uncertainly. “Oh c’mon. You girls just want a party for everything, don’t you?” he said, smiling. He then glanced to the food on the table- a big home-made chocolate cake surrounded with bowls of chips and candies, a few big bottles of soda pushed to one side and a delicious-looking spaghetti Bolognese on another.

“The food looks fancy,” He said, walking to the table.

“No sir, YOU look fancy,” said Becky, poking flirtatiously on the House Master’s chest. He was wearing a black leather jacket, paired with black pants and t shirt, and a cut-off gloves to complete his rock-star look.

“Are you leaving tonight, sir?” Crissy asked, her voice sounded more sad than eager. The room fell silent as Gerard looked at her and the other girls in front of him.

“I wont be long, though. Just for two weeks…” he said.

“We‘ll miss you, sir,” said Kii Kii, wiping the tears on her cheeks with her shirt sleeves.

“I‘m gonna miss you too. But it‘s the mid semester break anyway, and most of you are going home to see your family… so you wont be missing me that much,” Gerard said, winking.

“But Aisyah and me are not going home, Singapore is too far away,” said Rebecca.

“All right... So how many of you are staying here for the holiday?” Gerard asked, and, all hands in the room shoot up immediately.

“We like it here, sir. We are family, now…” said Meg and the girls nodded.

“Urm, guys… I think we better lay off the sad and melancholy thing… Mr. Way is leaving in two hours so why don’t we get the party started?” said Haru.

“But before that….” The House Captains cut in. They ran out of the common room and came back a few seconds later with a couple of boxes. House Captain Nita took out a black sweater from one of the boxes and showed it to the girls.

“Here’s our official House sweater…” said House Captain Maegan, while Nita proudly displayed a black hoodie sweater with ‘Wolf Party’ written in white on the front.

“Wolf Party? I thought we are called Wolvers?” Nutty asked. Maegan turned the sweater back and looked at the word on the front side of the sweater.

“Urm, I think if we are alone, we are called Wolf. If we are together we are called Wolvers… A wolf… Wolves…Wolvers… get it?” said House Captain Blue to the rescue. Nutty and the other girls shook their heads. Blue bit her lips and turned to Maegan and Nita, confused looks spread across their pretty faces.

“But I made it very clear to the printing company that it’s ‘Wolvers’!” said Nita.

“Stupid printing company!” Blue said, flicking her pink fringe angrily.

“Urm…” Maegan said to ease the tension atmosphere. “So… Here you go, guys. A hoodie sweater for everyone!” announced Maegan and the whole room erupted in ecstatic cheers as everyone puts on the sweater.

“Of course you have one too, sir…” said Blue and the House Captains gave Gerard a sweater of his own. He took off his jacket and wore it on top of his black t shirt. Then he puts on his jacket back and turned to the girls.

Image
HMW: How do I look?

The girls' eyes gleamed as though they’ve passed a difficult Biology test, and all of them felt a glow of pride upon seeing their beloved House Master wearing the official House sweater.

“You look gorgeous, sir!” said Kirsty.

“Do I look fat in this?” Gerard joked and the girls burst into uncontrollable laughter.

Two hours later…

Gerard was busy dancing to his guilty pleasure- Avril Lavigne’s ‘Girlfriend’ with the Wolvers when his assistant came into the Common Room.

Image
HMW: *sings & dances* Hey hey you you I don’t like your girlfriend… hey hey you you…
HMW’s Assistant: Sorry to interrupt but we have to leave now, Mr. Way.

The girls stopped dancing and looked at him.

“Do you really have to leave now, Mr. Way?” Kasey asked.

“Yes, Kasey. I’m afraid I have to go now…:” Gerard said. He gave the girls each one a hug and said goodbye before he walked out of the House. Some of the girls had tears in their eyes as they watched their House Master climbed on a posh black Cherokee which gonna take him and MCR guys to the airport, leaving the country for a fortnight’s long Europe Tour.

“Please keep in touch, sir!” Britt said as Gerard lowered the tinted window to wave goodbye.

“I will. But promise me you girls will be good…Remember, lights off…”

“Lights off at eleven… No boys allowed in the house...” The girls cut in and chanted the usual reminder.

“Exactly,” he chuckled. “I’m gonna miss you girls!” He said and waved again before the Cherokee speeds away, leaving the girls standing at the House main entrance, watching as the car disappeared from view.

“We’ll miss you House Master Way…”