Learn to Spell, God!

Pinkly Pee

Brian's POV.

Finally, the girls had finished their make up. When I say finally, I mean half an hour of my life spent listening to four out of five girls going, 'Can you pass the foundation.' 'No! That's not MY pressed powder.' 'Sophie, can you do this for me.' 'Sophie, just do that metallic fleck on the left side please.' 'Sophie . . . I want a flowery swirl.' Apparently she was the favourite for make up detailing. The final results were stupidly impressive though. If this were just their everyday efforts, may the powers that be take mercy on our mortal souls when they do stage make up.

"So . . ." Matt interrupted, “We’d love to see you guys play some stuff for us.” Smiles broke out across the room. They had so anticipated this. And if not, then they had been planning this dream for a long, long time.

Pippa lead the way to Sophie’s garage, with Matt talking animatedly to her about microphones and stuff that only he could find interesting. Either Pippa was a really good actress, or she actually had some interest in the pointless shit Matt had to say. We walked in a set of five pairs through several corridors and through many white doors. I was going to need a map if I needed the loo.

In the room we had been headed to, all the instruments were already set up and a large leather couch was set against the opposing wall. Everything was all plugged in and tuned up, which was a relief.

“Name a song, any song.” Said Danni.

“PacBell’s Cannon!” Johnny laughed. The girls simply shrugged and took their places. Weirdly, the drum kit was left empty. Pippa stood in front of the microphone; Jenn and Danni either side with guitars; Layla with a sticker covered bass; and Sophie wandered over to an impressively sized piano. She threw a questioning look towards the others, who were waiting on her.

“Do it in C. We don’t want you showing off now!” Pippa giggled. Sophie merely rolled her bright blue eyes and began playing. I don’t think they realised Johnny had been joking. No matter, it was the most amazing rendition I have ever heard! I didn’t pay much attention to the guitar, because it was the piano leading. I recognised the way she moved her hands on the piano, like how I played my guitar; with such ease and confidence.

When they finished, we broke into uncontrollable applause, standing in unison but all too amazed to even say anything. It would have been the perfect time to pop the question, but then Sophie settled at the drum kit and the started playing ‘Burn It Down’. I couldn’t question their choice of song really. We were egotistical guys, and having five attractive girls performing it to us just put the cream on the cake.

No sooner had our second eruption of applause ended, did my lower stomach groan loudly signalling that I had to pay one of the en suites a visit. I got several odd looks from everyone thanks to the gurgling my belly was making. I shouldn’t have had that second cup of coffee this morning.

“Where’s the loo?” My voice was strained with the effort to stop the noises I was making.

“Sophie is the only one who can navigate to anywhere other than the lounge, kitchen or rehearsal room!” Danni said, pushing Sophie out of the room and holding the door for me.

We walked in silence for a few minutes. She was really nervous. Her shoulders were hunched and her arms were crossed tightly. She hung her head, staring at the floor as our feet slapped against the shiny wooden flooring. I felt like I should wrap and arm around her shoulders. I thought better in case she’s think I was making a move on her . . .

“So, erm . . .” I cleared my throat, “How old are you guys?” She looked up, relaxing slightly.

“Pippa and Danni are 18. Jenn’s birthday is about a month away. Mines in December and Layla’s is in January.” That conversation ended all too quickly. Then something in my mind twigged, she had said that I was the hottest guitarist in the world! She’d totally boosted my ego, and was just nervous to be alone with me. However, being alone with me didn’t last long, because Pinkly had decided to follow us. A small bark from the stretch of corridor behind us indicated his presence. Sophie turned and crouched on her knees, letting him bound towards her and lick her face.

“He is just too cute!” She giggled, picking him up and continued walking.

“Y’know, people say we look alike! It’s that, dogs looking like their owners conspiracy.” She held Pinkly up next to me and I tried to make my eyes look all big and gushy like he does. I don’t think it worked though.

“I don’t see it” She grinned evilly at me, so I took Pinkly from her hands as punishment.

I turned him on his back so I could scratch his belly. I wish I hadn’t now because all of a sudden a jet of liquid sprayed in my face. I held him at arms length, trying to avoid the fountain of piss he was producing.

You are a little shit!” He was taken from my hands and I could open my eyes to see Sophie holding him above what looked like a very expensive vase. When he was finished, he gave a yap and settled himself back in Sophie’s arms.

“H-here’s the loo . . .” She stuttered, attempting to hold back giggles. Her face contorted into a smile and I left her doubling over in hysterics at my misfortune.

I had no option but to remove my top. It was splattered with Pinkly pee, and smelt foul thanks to him! I decided not to spend too long, despite having the urge to explore the room. It was definitely the biggest bathroom I had ever been in! It was tempting to settle in the tuba and have a bath, but something told me Sophie may get bored and leave – then I’d have to find my own way back, and end up starving because I’d get lost in the maze of corridors and rooms. Slightly dramatic?

Sophie was sat with her legs crossed in the middle of the floor, playing with Pinkly. She was making him roll over and lie down. The usual stuff dogs do. I bent down next to her, startling her because she jumped slightly when I whispered in her ear,

“If you put your hands out and tell him to dance, he will.”

“Jesus! You scared me!” She put her hands out, like I said and Pinkly sat and waited for the command. “Dance, Pinkly.”

Her face lit up when he put his front paws in her open hands and began moving clumsily on his hind legs. He promptly slipped on the polished floor with a small yelp. Sophie stood up, scooping a disgruntled Pinkly before leading the way back to the others.

“Do you want me to put your top for a wash?” She asked, scanning her eyes over my bare torso.

“It’s fine, honest.” I flinched as I put the top up to my nose. Maybe it wasn’t fine.

“It doesn’t smell it! Here, I’ll put it down the laundry shoot for you.” She snatched the top from my hands, managing to keep Pinkly resting under one arm still, and dropped it down a metal tunnel that was hidden by a painting. The walls were covered in framed pieces; it was a wonder she knew which the right one was.

“That was a picture of, us!” I said.

“Yeah. My parents give my art work of you guys the best placement.” She said sarcastically, rolling her eyes in a bored fashion.

It didn’t take as long to get back because we managed to keep a conversation going. She was much more relaxed now and obviously over the fact she was walking next to me. She opened the familiar door labelled ‘Warning: Loud Music’ and let me enter the room first. I sat back down on the couch and she smiled at everyone, running her thumb over the corner of her mouth surreptitiously.

“Sophie!” Danni exclaimed, making us all jump slightly. Sophie’s eyebrows knitted together in a confused look. The other girls seemed to understand why Danni had made such an outburst.

“You dirty sod! You tried fobbing us off with tales of Brian needing the toilet, when really you just spent fifteen minutes sorting out your gag reflex!” Pippa laughed. Sophie’s mouth dropped in shock, and her eyes looked like they were going to pop out of their sockets. I could feel my face doing the same.

“You know full well I’m not like that! Why would I even do that?!”

“Because apparently, you’d jump Brian if you ever got to meet him . . . and now you’ve met him . . .” Said Jimmy, joining in the teasing. Only Layla, Sophie and I had been in that conversation. In our absence the rest of the band had probably been filled in on the details.

“Your faces are, like, the exact same shade of pink!” Jenn said between giggles, pointing at Sophie and me.

“Moving on . . . please?” Sophie begged.

“Not a chance!” Layla had a malicious grin on her face. “It’s national pick on Sophie day today”

“We came on the right day!” Laughed Johnny.

“It was inevitable” Sophie sighed. “Pick on Sophie days appear randomly through out the year. Never on a set date.” She slumped on the floor, releasing Pinkly so he could explore the many bodies gathered.

“So, does this mean I can do this then?” Jimmy stood up and ran towards Sophie. He stooped down and straightened up with her slung over his shoulder.

“JIMMY! Put me down, now!”

“That would spoil the fun though” He said, parading around the large studio.

“I’m gonna get a nose bleed being up this high!” Sophie giggled.

The jokes about mine and Sophie’s brief absence soon evaporated, once she was safely on her feet. They slowly moved around the circle and paired each of us off. It was sounding like each of them had a thing for each one of us. If there had been alcohol involved at any point, we would have got more out of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was 5 pages of my word document!
Lol

So if there are 110 of you reading, where the hell are those comments eh?!
I want to get to 30 comments, then Layla will update!
If not, NO UPDATE!!!
And I mean it! Layla is dying from nothaving 30. She has an awsome one to add too!
If you're reading and not commenting, you should feel guilty! We love knowing who we write for!!!
x