Status: Finished

The Tiniest Lie Rips Out Your Whole Soul

Chapter 15: Dream

I’m in a garden surrounded by rose bushes. All of different colors and I’m wearing a white dress and my skin was back to its olive tone. I felt my heart. I placed my hand over my chest and felt my heart beating steadily.

As I moved around in circles and laughed I felt so alive. I spun around in circles with my hands in the air and someone took my hands and put them together.

His blue eyes boring into mine, he looked into my soul and I felt my cheeks burn hot. With the back of his hand he caressed my burning cheek. His hand was cold and brought an unknown feeling inside of me. I smiled unconsciously with his touch. My heart raced like a horse.

“Emily.” He spoke my name and I was flying, not literally of course. The way he spoke my name made me tingly all over.

I stopped breathing once he got closer and closer. Our lips met and a song began inside of my head. I couldn’t really understand the words because I think it was in Spanish, but from what I could understand it was saying ‘To kiss you my life would change in an instant, you are the balance in my life, you are my destiny, kiss me, you’ll always be in my mind.’

The colorful roses around me turned red and pedals flew around us making the kiss more magical. His sweet tongue with mine was nothing I’ve ever felt yet somehow if felt something like déjà vu. His hands on my waist and my world moved in inhuman speed.

When I pulled away… it wasn’t Matt anymore. It was Edward he had an evil grin. The rose pedals that were flying withered.

I tried to pull away but he had a strong grip and forced a kiss on me. There was no song, no music in the air and the red roses turned back and died around us leaving nothing but dead bushes and grass.

I shoved at his shoulders to get away. My brain screamed he was dangerous. But his evil laugh echoed in the wind.


“Emily!”

I snapped my eyes open. My eyes met Edward’s and I jumped out of bed, memory of my dream fresh in my mind.

He saw the fear in my eyes and was confused.

“Nightmare?” He asked and I nodded. My throat was dry and I placed my hand over it and Edward nodded understanding. He got off the bed and walked to a small bar.

I think it was his room because I been here before. Some time ago I was here. Flashes of our naked bodies entwined together on the same bed. Moans coming from me as I rode him.

I gasped and got off the bed in complete… disgust. I heard the blood get poured in the glass and I didn’t look because I still wasn’t used to the idea of drinking blood.

So, in order to put that out of my head I asked him a question.

“Uh, did we ever… make love… on this bed?” I asked slowly. I finally looked over at him as he brought the glass filled with the red liquid to me.

He grinned. “You remember.”

I just nodded.

“We love each other, it’s only natural it happened, and could happen again if you want.” His finger went down my arm and I shrugged it away instinctively.

I flashed him a smile before taking the glass and gulped it down. When I was done I was going to hand the glass to Edward but then I felt his lips on the back of my neck. I dropped the glass and twirled around stunned by his bluntness.

He raised his hands.

“Sorry, I couldn’t resist myself. You smell so good.” He inhaled and closed his eyes.

[Pervert.] I thought and kept a straight face.

He came closer and I back away until my back hit a wall.

“Go back to sleep sweetheart. I’ll take care of you.” He whispered and I yelped as he scooped me off my feet and laid me on the bed. “Night.” I thought he was going to kiss my lips but he only kissed my forehead.

The next day I woke in Edward’s arms. His body covering half of mine and I was afraid to move afraid I was going to wake him up.

I bit my bottom lip and tried to twist out of his grip but he only stirred and tightens his grip on me.

I heard him yawn and kiss my cheek. None of this felt right, I was losing my mind. I needed someone, but whom? The first person that came to mind was Matt. Okay, so I couldn’t deny I had some kind of deep feelings for him.

“Morning.” He kissed my cheek.

He removed his hands off of me and I felt a lot better away from him.

As I changed into one of the dresses that was in the closet the floor shook with a huge BOOM.

Little dust fell from the ceiling and Edward came out of the bathroom fully dressed and some kind of fear in his eyes. He looked at me and softens his look.

“SIR, the castle is under attack!” I heard that voice before.

“I know Itachi,” The name sent shivers up and down my spine. Fear entered me and I stood frozen. It was the same man as before. Edward opened the door and I almost screamed for him not to do so. Itachi entered with a fierce look and almost immediately focused his eyes on me. “Don’t you dare let anyone harm her… or you, do you understand?” Edward hissed dangerously.

Itachi’s eyes were set on me; he didn’t look at his King and nodded.

“Yes my lord.” Itachi said smoothly.

“It will be your life if she is to be harmed in any way.”

Itachi took hold of my elbow and started to lead me down the hall way. I could hear the clashing of swords under us. Ever now and then the walls would shake.

“What’s going on, Itachi?” I asked softly.

He didn’t answer me he kept moving.

“We’re under attack.” He answered flatly.

I rolled my eyes.

“And the sky is blue, I meant who is it?”

“The enemy.” He answered once more he turned a sharp right but then I found my back against the wall with his body pressing on mine.

His grip on my elbow tightens.

“Ow, you’re hurting me.” I looked into his dead black eyes.

“I don’t know how after all these years the King still has feelings for you, after what you did to him.”

I raised an eyebrow. “What did I do?”

“Perhaps the scar on his face.” He said as a matter-of-factly.

I looked into his eyes hoping to see a glimpse of lying but he was right.

“I don’t remem… how?” I asked.

“Let’s bring some memories back, shall we?”

His fist met my face almost as soon as he finished his sentence. I fell to the floor from the impact. I could taste blood inside of my mouth. But almost instantly it was gone. I looked up at Itachi and he had his sword behind his head and ready to bring it down.

As he brought his sword down to stab me, I saw everything in slow motion. I rolled away from him and kicked him behind the knee he knelt down and I kicked the sword away from his hands and then kicked him in the face. Where I had learned all of that, who knows?

I reached the sword and brought it to his neck. He was breathing hard.

“Go on, kill me.” He tested me.

Something dark inside of me was telling me to do so, that this ‘person’ had done so many horrible things.

“Itachi.” This voice was different. I looked and saw a boy, more like a man. I looked into his eyes and Jacob came into my mind. His brown eyes looked so familiar to the ones of my brother, but he was dead, Allison said everyone had died. “Need help?” He smirked.

“Jacob.” The name escaped my lips before I could process anything and Itachi said it at the same time as mine. Jacob’s eyes widen in shock.

“How did you know—“ He shook his head as if trying to shake something away. He looked at me and narrowed his eyes. “Stop it, stop doing that!” He hissed. I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

Itachi took this moment and moved the sword away from his neck and twisted my hand all the way to my back. I cried out in pain as he tightens his grip and I almost screamed again. I bit my lip.

What had the boy or Jacob been talking about? I wasn’t doing anything.

“Come, we have to get her away from them, orders from the King.” Itachi said.

“He also said no harm should come to me.” I hissed at him.

Itachi chuckled. “Couldn’t help myself darling. We have a bit of a history you and I.”

“Yes, like I remember.” I said sarcastically. I looked at Jacob and he looked away clutching his head with his hands.

“Make her stop!”

“I’m not doing anything!” I defended.

Itachi looked back and forth between me and Jacob.

“Let’s move.” Itachi ordered and we kept moving.

That was until an impact flew us across the hall. Dust was everywhere. I coughed because I was inhaling the dust. An arm took mine and started to drag me somewhere.

“HEY, let go!” I yelled trying to fight the person.

But then when the person took me out of the dust I looked at Matt. Instinctively I hugged him in relief. I was safe with Matt I was always safe no matter what. I felt his body relax under my touch. He kissed the top of my head.

“I love you so much, Emily.”

My heart… I felt it beat. It was then I realized… I loved Matt as well.

I love Matthew Heartstein.