Status: Finished

The Tiniest Lie Rips Out Your Whole Soul

Chapter 25: End

Here I was after so many years of battles. We won the war. Matthew and I made it through everything thrown at us.

Time wasn’t a problem. That’s for sure.

I looked into his blue eyes and I smiled. He looked into my gray eyes and he was looking right to my inner being.

I didn’t really understand what the judge was saying because I was too concentrated at looking at Matthew.

That was until I heard

“Do you Emilia Halo Johnson take Matthew Heartstein to be your lawful wedded husband through sickness and in health for richer or for poor ‘til death do you apart?”

I smiled wider. “I do.”

He asked the same to Matthew.

“I do.” Matthew said.

“With the power invested in me by the state of New Jersey I now pronounced you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride.” The judge said.

Matthew and I leaned in for our kiss.

It was a slow passionate kiss. It was a kiss that both of us promised to love each other for all of eternity.

Danny was with his family and Jacob was happy. Little Nick was with Liz. Even Hellboy was happy. I was congratulated by everyone. I only wished Olivia was with me. And James. How I missed them so much.

We went back to headquarters and had a little party there.

Then it was time for me and Matthew for our first couple dance. He had to pick the song.

“What song did you chose?” I asked as we went to the middle of the room.

He smirked. That infamous smirk.

“You’ll see love.” He pulled me close.

The beat started. It was a guitar.

“When I see your smile Tears roll down my face I can't replace And now that I'm strong I have figured out How this world turns cold and it breaks through my soul And I know I'll find deep inside me I can be the one I will never let you fall (let you fall) I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all (through it all) Even if saving you sends me to heaven.” He whispered the last verses in my ear. I felt so whole and complete. It’s a feeling hard to describe because it’s all too many at once.

“It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. Seasons are changing And waves are crashing And stars are falling all for us Days grow longer and nights grow shorter I can show you I'll be the one
I will never let you fall (let you fall) I'll stand up with you forever I'll be there for you through it all (through it all) Even if saving you sends me to heaven.” We danced side to side slowly.

“Cuz you're my, you're my, my, my true love, my whole heart Please don't throw that away
Cuz I'm here for you Please don't walk away and Please tell me you'll stay whoa, stay whoa
Use me as you will Pull my strings just for a thrill And I know I'll be okay Though my skies are turning gray I will never let you fall I'll stand up with you forever I'll be there for you through it all Even if saving you sends me to heaven…” The song repeats it over until it fades.

I pulled just enough to give him another passionate kiss.

My arms wrapped around his neck.

I was happy.

After everything…

The pain.

The deaths…

The sorrow.

I’m finally happy.

Just like in the fairy tales…

My Happily Ever After
♠ ♠ ♠
Image