Status: Finished

The Tiniest Lie Rips Out Your Whole Soul

Chapter 24: This is it

“How did we end up this way, Emily?” Edward asked me as I held the sword to his throat. He was on his back and the tip of my sword at his throat.

“You tell me.” I asked with emotion.

“I saved you.” He said.

“That doesn’t excuse you what you did to me after that.”

“I can’t hurt you.”

I laughed.

“Please, you’re one of the people that’s caused me a lot of pain. Too much pain.”

“I wanted you to love me back.”

“My heart belongs to someone else.”

“I know that.”

“You along with Itachi took my family away… you killed Olivia. She was innocent.”

“And I’m sorry.” He said.

“I can’t believe you anymore.”

“I still love you Emily.”

I scoffed. “I’m pretty sure you don’t. You hate me remember? I’m the reason why your face is disfigured.”

“And I forgive you.”

“I’m not buying that bull shit.” I spat and dug the tip of the sword until it brought blood.

“Let me go and you’ll never hear from me ever again, I promise you.”

I shook my head. “No.”

I brought my sword up and the shock look on his face made me smile. I decapitated him and almost laughed when his head rolled on the floor. A feeling of victory over washed me. I was free. I finally did it. I killed both of the men that made my life a living hell.

“Emily.” A voice called from behind me. I turned around and held the sword up again. I looked into Jacob’s eyes and dropped my sword. “I remember everything.” He whispered.

“What exactly do you remember?”

“You’re my older sister.”

“Jacob.” I said and hugged him. He hugs me back. “It’s finally over. I killed them both… for Olivia for our little sister.”

“Olivia.” He said a bit distant. “I remember that too. That’s when they took me, didn’t they?”

“You were only human back then.” I said pulling from the hug.

“I tried to kill you.” He said in complete shock.

“You never meant it.”

“Oh, my Gosh.” He said and dropped to his knees.

“Jacob… I’ve been waiting for this moment for fifty years. I love you, little brother.”

“I’m a monster.” He whispered.

I shook my head.

“No you’re not. Just listen to me.” I said. I brought his eyes to meet mine. “You did nothing wrong. Now that Edward and Itachi are dead we can have a normal life… well our standard of normal.”

He laughs.

“Let’s go.” I said.

Once I came back with the body of Edward the battle stopped. The vampires were shocked but kneeled before me.

“Queen Emilia.” The leader of the battle said bowing before me. “We are your followers.”

“I don’t want to be Queen.” I spat and dropped Edward’s head on the guy’s feet. “But do burn the bodies.”

“Yes, my Que--I mean… yes Ms. Johnson.” The guy bowed his head and the others didn’t hesitate to follow my orders.

“Emily!” I heard Matt’s voice.

We hugged each other. I was so glad he was okay.

“Are you all right?” He asked examining me.

I laughed. “I’m fine, Matt. I killed Edward.”

“I know… are you going to be okay?”

“I’m fine.” I said and looked at my brother who was only a few feet behind me. “Jacob remembers everything.” I reached out my hand to him and he takes it.

“Welcome back, Jacob.” Matt said shaking his hand.

“It’s good to be back.” Jacob smiled.

“Where is Daniel?” I asked.

“Danny is still alive?” Jacob gasped.

I chuckled. “I was surprised too.”

People bowed their heads as I passed them. I nodded back. I walked to the library and found Abraham fixing his books. Danny not too far fixing papers.

“Emilia! I was so--Jacob.” Danny says.

“We have our brother back.” I smiled.

“Danny.” Jacob said hugging his brother.

I smiled.

“Jake, I’m so glad.” Danny hugged back.

“Where is James?” Jacob asked.

My smile drops. “He passed away recently… in his sleep.”

“Oh.” Jacob hung his head.

“Emily.” Liz’s voice said. I turned around and saw her with Little Nick.

“Nick.” I said going to the baby boy.

“He’s a deep sleeper.” Liz said handing him over. “So, what happened?”

“Emily kicked ass, that’s what happened.” Hellboy entered the library with a cigar.

“Cigar.” I scolded and he outs it out.

“It’s over?” Liz asked.

“Most definitely over.” I assured. “Itachi and Edward are dead.”

“Excuse me?” An Agent knocked on the door. He had fought because he had several bruises.

“Yes?” I asked.

“They’re asking for their… um Queen Emily.”

“Queen?” Matt asks.

I sighed. “They think that because I killed Edward I should be Queen.”

“That is great.” Danny said.

“What?” I asked. “I’m pretty sure that’s a bad idea.”

“Think about it. Under your control the whole Underworld would be at peace. No more fighting.” Danny said.

“What about the bureau?” I asked.

“I think I can handle the bureau.” Danny grinned.

I smiled. “Right, of course.”

“So…” The Agent said. “What should I tell the vampires?”

“That their Queen is coming to speak to them.” I said.

Matt smiled.

“All right.” The agent said.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Matt asked me.

I nodded. “They just need guidance.”

“Wow, you the Queen of the Damned.” He smiled. “Did you ever think that would happen?”

“Not in a million years.” I laughed. “Guess I should go out there.”

I walked with the baby in my arms. Matthew by my side and Jacob as well. I was happy. I have everything I ever wanted… a family.

The vampires gathered in the lobby. I stood in a bunch of crumble to look at all of them.

“As Queen of the Vampires I’m making a peace treaty with the humans and other species. I am bringing peace to a world of chaos.”

The vampires clapped and cheered.

“As long as I rule there will be peace and tranquility. I can promise you that.” I assured.

[Months Later]

It’s my wedding day. I’m marrying the love of my immortal life… Matthew Heartstein. Somehow I can still remember the first time we met and our first kiss. He was my first kiss and one true love.

He was there for me through thick and thin. We’ve been through a lot. He’s amazing and I love him eternally.

“You look beautiful.” Liz said. She already had her twins and was happily married to Hellboy. I was so happy for them.

“Thank you, Liz.” I said. “I’m nervous.”

“You should be.” Liz laughed. “Remember how nervous I was?”

“Yeah, you got cold feet.” She caught my joke and laughed.

“Ma’am, the limo is ready to take you to the church.” A maid walked in.

“We’ll be there.” Liz said.

I picked up the bottom half of my dress and walked with the help of Liz, who knew wedding gowns would be so troublesome.

We got inside of the limo. I prayed while going to church, yes some vampires pray.

This is the most important day of my life and I wished you were here Olivia-olive and James. Everything I’ve done is in your name and memory.

“Oh, after you get back from your honey moon there’s some paper work waiting for you.” Liza said.

I groaned. “Great.”

“Hey you took on being the Queen of the vampires… it comes with duties and responsibilities. Because with great power comes--”

“Great responsibility, you need to stop reading Spider-Man comics.” I muttered.

She laughs. “They’re very entertaining.” She said.

“Hellboy has Nick and the twins?” I asked.

“Yup.”

“Hmm, I hope Abraham is helping him.” I said. We arrived at the church and I felt my hands get sweaty and they started to shake. “This is it.”

The limo door opened and Liz was the first to come out and she helped me out. Once out of Limo there was a crowd of people waiting for me, vampires. Their Queen was getting married which was a big deal. I waved to them.

Finally we went to the entrance. Jacob was walking me down the aisle.

Beautiful.” He said to me.

“Thanks, little bro.” I gave him a smile.

“This is it.”

“This is it.” I repeated.