Status: Completed.

Even If I Say

Let Me Be The One

Defense Against the Dark Arts... What a bore. Seriously. I held my peace as Professor Umbridge lectured us and then gave us a reading assignment... I'd already read this stupid book. Three times fold.

They say that I should be in Ravenclaw for my wit but the hat knew how dark I was at soul. Or heart...

Draco looked up with a puzzled look and passed me a piece of parchment.

Why aren't you reading Ravie? You're going to get in trouble. It read in his scrawl.

"Yes Ms. Ravencroft. Why aren't you reading?" Umbridge was standing over me. Oh God Draco save me!

"Pardon me, Professor... But I've already read the book, I wasn't sure what to do... I thought to re-read it so I could retain the information better but I'm not sure how much more I can retain after reading it three times."

She had a shocked look on her face and Draco looked a little proud.

"Well then Miss Ravencroft please explain why it is so important to know how to defend yourself with out using physical contact."

"Well you see professor, if we were to use physical combat we could be reprimanded for harming muggles."

She again, looked stunned. Stupid old toad.. God why doesn't she just go eat some flies or something.

"Thank you Miss Ravencroft. You may have the rest of the period to do other homework or so."

I looked at Draco and smirked. He smirked right back at me.

After dinner were the Quidditch team tryouts. Keeper was always my favorite besides Seeker which I could play but enjoyed watching Draco. I had wanted to since second year but didn't have the chance after Draco took the Seeker spot... Then he wouldn't let me try out thrid year and last year there was no Cup. But this year is my year to try. To make the team would be amazing. Instead of waiting up for a fatigued Draco I could be with him at practice. Spend every moment with my blonde haired Apollo of the modern day.

Draco practically dragged me down to the pitch. Bubbly and excited are two words hardly ever used to describe Draco Malfoy but God he was. I grabbed my broom. It was nothing special. Not like Draco's Nimbus 2001 or Potters Firebolt. Ara had a 01 but mine was just a common slow broom. Used for scrimages of course... My parent's gave Ara the 01 for her birthday this year... I hope I can get a newer broom. I love my Nimbus 2000 of course... But I would like a 2001. I got my 2000 two years ago and insisted it still worked like new when my parents wanted to get me a 2001 for my birthday... But the Slytherin team all matched... I'll write home if I make the team.

The chasers were going easy on me... I could tell Draco had said something to them but I also knew to watch the beaters. Which I did and luckily not a moment to soon. Dodging a bludger I caught the quaffle and ended my turn at the posts. I think I may have gotten the position.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's long cause I have a pain to write from... don't expect it to be this long again