Give It a Chance for Our Love to Start

Forever We'll Be, You and Me

“Where are we going Joe,” I groaned as he led me by my hand. It was our first official date, and Joe had insisted on surprising me on the second thing. We had already done dinner at the most beautiful restaurant. Joe was so romantic the whole time, though the whole thing had Kevin intervention written all over it. One month we had been together now, and we had only just decided to go on an actual date, because we were still mourning Tinsley. His parents had advised us on waiting a bit so the press didn’t say stuff about Joe moving on too quickly. Joe had tried to explain he had never technically moved on since he had always loved me, but he succumbed to their wishes when I asked him too. They were right. The band did not need the bad press.

“No, it’s a secret,” he told me. I could hear the smirk in his voice. We stopped, and I could feel Joe’s breath on my face as he stood in front of me, facing me. He quickly pecked my lips, before saying, “I’m going to put something in your ear. Trust me, you’ll need them.”

I nodded, wary as he went on to put whatever it was in my ear. Then he took my hand, and led me on. I could no longer hear our footsteps, knowing he had probably put ear pieces or something on me. Then I could faintly hear screaming. It was like a thousand people screaming at us. I held onto Joe’s hand tighter. I could hear him laugh. I was slightly surprised though, because it was so clear and yet I could hear the screaming, though now it sounded like a background sound with Joe’s laugh so joyous in my ears.

“Hey Bethany,” Nick’s voice came clear too.

I gasped. “Nick? Joe where are we?” This time his laughter was joined along with many others. “What’s going on guys?” I demanded.

Joe responded by taking my blindfolds off. I gasped as I saw where we were. We were on a stage – at their concert. Nick and Kevin were already on stage, and I could see thousands of fans screaming up at the boys. I timidly looked at Joe. “You brought me to a concert?”

He nodded, smiling. Nick brought over a stool for me, and Joe sat me down. Kevin handed Joe a microphone. “Bethany,” he said, loudly and firmly. “You know how we said we’d be together forever?”

I nodded slowly. What was going on? He got down on one knee, and I gasped. “Joe, what are you doing,” I asked, feeling so many emotions seeping through my body. This was a dream, wasn’t it? It felt too surreal, too perfect.

“I wrote you a little song the other day,” he said as Kevin handed him a guitar. “And I would really like to play it for you, here in front of all our fans, because you’re my whole world Bethany. You really are. But so are they. And whatever steps we take next, I want you in my life fully, and the only way to have you in it to that extent is bringing both worlds together.”

I sat there frozen as a silence fell over the crowd. They were waiting for what was coming, for what I was waiting for. They were as mesmerized as I was. I could feel how much love he had for me. I could see why he was doing this now. He didn’t want me to feel second to his fans or his music, or his life. He wanted me to know I was his world.

And then he started playing.

Well you done done me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks
And now I'm trying to get back
Before the cool done run out
I'll be giving it my bestest
Nothing's going to stop me but divine intervention
I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some

I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm yours

Well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn you're free
Look into your heart and you'll find love love love
Listen to the music of the moment maybe sing with me
I like peaceful melodys
It's your God-forsaken right to be loved love loved love love

So I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait I'm sure
There's no need to complicate
Our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours

I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
But my breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and laughed
I guess what I'm saying is there ain't no better reason
To rid yourself of vanity and just go with the seasons
It's what we aim to do
Our name is our virtue

I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait I'm sure
There's no need to complicate
Our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours

Well no no, well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn you're free
Look into your heart and you'll find love love love love
Listen to the music of the moment come and dance with me
I like one big family (2nd time: I like happy family)
It's your God-forsaken right to be loved love love love

I won't hesitate no more
Oh no more no more no more
It's your God-forsaken right to be loved, I'm sure
There's no need to complicate
Our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours

No I won't hesitate no more, no more
This cannot wait I'm sure
There's no need to complicate
Our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours, I'm yours


He handed the guitar to Kevin, and took my hand. I was speechless. He had written that for me. I couldn’t believe it. “Bethany, you know I love you so much. And I know that with you, no matter what comes up against us, we can beat it. We can overcome anything as long as we’re together. And I would rather be fighting against the odds with you than having it easy with anyone else. So Bethany Lyons, what do you say? Forever we’ll be you and me?”

I made him stand before jumping into his arms. I kissed me as the screaming continued in the crowd. “Forever,” I promised.

“I love you,” he grinned as he picked me up and kissed me again.

I saw Nick smile. But he wasn’t smiling at us. He was looking in the crowd. I followed his gaze, and saw a girl there. She was smiling at him too, not screaming like everyone around her. The look on her face – it was like she knew he was smiling at her. I looked at Joe confusedly. He laughed, and leaned in to whisper in my ear. “That’s Britt. Nick’s new girlfriend.”

I grinned as I kissed Joe again. I was glad Nick had found someone. I sighed, looking at Joe. “Wow, we really did beat the odds, didn’t we?”

He nodded. “I’m glad we gave this a chance.”

“I’m glad you figured out it was me who wrote those letters,” I said quietly.

"He, he, he, heee, ha, ha, ha, haaa," he hummed. “I’d never forget that song.”

I smiled, remembering the familiar tune, the revealing tune. I sighed, and kissed Joe again quickly before pulling away. “Looks like you have a concert to finish.”

He laughed, looking out over the crowd. “Yeah, and as much as I’d love to just be with you—“

“Your other world awaits?” I finished, smiling.

He smiled. “You know me too well.”

“Hey, I’m supposed to know you better than you know yourself remember,” I asked, walking away.

I stood backstage, watching them on the screen. I sighed, thinking of the past 10 years. And I felt myself thinking exactly the same thing I had when I wrote the first letter. Joe was where my life was always leading to.

Give it a chance for out love to start. But you’ll never see if you don’t give me a shot to show you what I’ve got.
♠ ♠ ♠
AHHHH IT’S DONE! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?
CAUSE I SURE AS HELL CAN’T!
THIS STORY IS LIKE MY SECOND CHILD… AFTER WE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD AND WE COULDN’T CHANGE IT IF WE TRIED. I’M SO SAD IT’S OVER! HAHA SO I HOPE I DIDN’T DISAPPOINT ANYONE WITH THE ENDING. I’VE ACTUALLY HAD THE WHOLE THING PLANNED OUT FOR A WHILE, THOUGH I WAS STUCK FOR A WHILE, AND THE AMAZING KATHLEEN HELPED ME OUT IMMENSELY! I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR READING THIS STORY. THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS TOO! YOU GUYS HONESTLY ALWAYS MADE MY DAY, NOT EVEN JOKING! SO THANK YOU SOO MUCH!
THANKS BETHANY FOR LETTING ME USE YOUR NAME AGAIN :]
AND HAHA THANKS DIANA AND CHRISTINE WAS THREATENING TO VIRTUALLY BEAT ME UP IF I DIDN’T FINISH,
AND AWW THANKS KATELYN FOR THAT JOURNAL THING YOU DID. AT LEAST TEAM NICK CAN SEE NICK HAPPY WITH BRITT, RIGHT?
BAHAHA TOLD YOU I’D PUT IT BRITT.
ANYWAYS, LOVE YOU GUYS! COMMENTS.FEEDBACK PLEASE? ON THE LAST CHAPTER? ON THIS EPILOGUE? ON THE STORY AS A WHOLE? I’D LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS!
LOVE YOU GUYS,
DEVI.