Status: Hiatus

Memories Won't Let Me Cry

Thirteen

The mall trip was awesome. Corie, Lyndz and I had a great time though! I bought some new shirts and Corie bought Zacky some new cologne, while Lyndsey tried to shoe shop but found nothing she liked. We went to 4 shoe stores in the damn mall and she still came out empty handed and now complaining!

"Did you see that one pair that chick brought out? Fucking ugly!" she whined as she laid her head on my shoulder.

"You are one picky person Lyndsey." I replied as I rested my head atop hers.

"No she's not Mems." Corie replied from my other side.

"And why not?" I asked looking at her as we continued out of the mall.

"She's dating Matt!" Corie replied.

"Oh you bitch Matt is amazing." Lyndz retaliated.

I couldn't help but chuckle at their little argument as we walked out of the mall's main entrance. We had been at the mall for the remainder of the afternoon and the sun was about to go down. I knew Brian was worrying where we were cause Corie and Lyndsey voluntarily took his SUV. I knew he would've easily let them borrow it if they would have just asked like I had replied many times before they pulled off. Brian had called both Corie and Lyndsey's cell phones while we where at the mall but they wouldn't answer. I bet he was pissed right now!

As we approached Brian's SUV I saw that the shape of 2 women stood there beside it. I knew that it couldn't be some crazed fan cause we where spotted getting out of the SUV and people were disappointed when we got out! A couple people took snap shots with Lyndz and Corie cause they where girlfriends of their idols, but that was about it!

"Who the hell are you?" Corie shot out as we made it to Brian's SUV.

Two people turned around that I didn't think I would be seeing for awhile! There by Brian's SUV stood twin sisters Michelle and Val DiBenidetto. The both still looked very much alike! Val's hair was still blonde and Michelle's a funky mix of color. Their faces both dropped when their eyes fell upon me.

"Oh my god no!" Michelle replied as she looked at me.

"What the hell are you two doing over here?" Corie asked with a smile.

"Michelle thought that she might be able to talk with Brian. He left her pretty quickly the other night and hasn't really been calling or coming by." Val replied.

"Now I know why" Michelle replied after her sister and gave a small smile.

I smirked slightly and looked at Lyndsey as her grip on my arm and hand tightened. I could tell she didn't like being near Val and when I looked toward Val I could see the same thing. I could tell that these two had never been within the same atmosphere as the other...at least not at the same time and the tension was crazy. But in the same sense I knew Val, Corie, and Lyndz could feel the tension between Michelle and I. Just the thought of knowing the fact that she had been with Brian made me sick to the stomach. She didn't deserve the right to touch my Brian in my eyes! What had he seen in her? Was it something more than just sex? Did he actually love her?

Even though I did get married...I never lost my feelings toward Brian and probably never would. He was my first love and I wasn't ready to let him go. But I was in fact still married. But it hurt to know that Brian was possibly still seeing Michelle.

"When'd you get back in Memphis?" Val asked in her sweet way.

"Couple days ago." I replied.

"Seen the guys?" Michelle cut in.

"She sure has. Brian has been with her since she got back. Told her to drive his SUV personally." Corie replied.

"Oh" Michelle replied with no enthusiasm which caused me to smile big.

"So...whose this?" Val asked, even though I had the feeling she knew who Lyndz was.

"This is Matt's girlfriend Lyndsey. Lyndsey that is Matt's ex Val." I replied looking at Lyndz.

"Nice to meet you!" Val replied with a warm smile which Lyndz just nodded and looked off.

Corie cleared her throat after a small silence and finally smiled and looked at Michelle.

"Hey Michelle c'mere for a second. Got something to ask you." Corie replied and her and Michelle walked off.

"I'm gonna...yea" Lyndsey replied and followed behind Corie quickly.

"She's quite the girl huh?" Val replied with a smile.

"She just doesn't take to new people that well." I replied.

"She seems to like you fine!" Val replied.

"I didn't used to date her boyfriend and plus he's my brother and that would be just gross." I replied causing Val to chuckle.

"Can I at least have a hug Mems?" she asked.

"Get over here!" I replied and walked into her arms.

Val was always a sweet person around me. I grew up with her seeing as Matt and her where attached at the hip all through High School and she lived right next door to us for 4 years until her parents moved her, Michelle and their brother across the track. Something really bad must have happened between her and Matt to cause a couple that seemed so solid to break up!

"So...you've got some explaining to do!" I replied as Val and I separated.

"Huh?" she asked nervously.

"What the hell happened between you and Matt?" I asked.

"Oh..." she smiled and blew a sigh of relief before placing her hands on her hips. "Well...we just grew apart. I stopped touring with Avenged so I could run a clothing line...and in the end that put strain on the relationship."

"I see...so there's nothing else?" I asked raising a brow at her.

"No" she replied with a nervous smile. "Why?"

"Cause I have a feeling you knew who Lyndsey was!" I replied.

"I....well...." she began.

Val and my conversation was interrupted when a small boy walked up holding the hand of Brent Haner. When I saw this boy my mouth gaped open. He looked exactly like Matt! He had Matt's eyes...Matt's smile...all of Matt's features where imbedded in this little boy. That's when it clicked! That's why Lyndsey had never met Val and why the guys kept her away!

"Mommy Brent said it's time to go! You and Michelle shopped enough!" the small boy replied looking up at Val.

"In a second Blake" she replied and then looked at me with sad eyes. "Mems..."

"Is he?" I asked.

"Is he what?" Val asked.

"Don't give me that!" I shot out trying to keep my voice down. "Is he Matt's?"

"Yes." she replied looking down.

"Oh my god! How old is he?" I asked.

"Blake is 3. Look Memphis I never told Matt about Blake until after he was born because I knew he had fully moved on. I was never one to want to ruin someone else's happiness and it killed me to know that I was having Matt and my love child while he was in love with another girl." Val explained.

"Is that why the guys don't talk to you anymore?" I asked as my eyes wondered from the little boys up to her eyes.

"They said I did this to ruin Matt's happiness with Lyndsey. I never intended to do that I still don't!" she replied. "I'm in a good relationship with a man I adore and I don't want Matt romantically anymore. I just want him to be a father to Blake."

"Does Matt see him?" I asked.

"Once a week" she replied.

"And he hasn't told Lyndsey?"

"No. Jason said Jimmy told him he felt that she would leave him!" Val explained before she bent down and picked up the small boy who rested his head on her shoulder.

"Well how does he think she's gonna take it when it leaks out that he has a 3 year old son with his ex girlfriend that he has neglected to tell her about?" I replied looking toward Corie, Michelle and Lyndz.

"I don't know but you have to understand Mems...this wasn't all my fault!" Val replied.

"It takes two to make a baby Val! I know that." I replied looking back at her.

"No...I wanted to have Lyndsey know at first cause I thought it was only right. When you love a man you love everything about him and everything that comes with him. Whether it be good or bad baggage you accept it. But Matt begged me not to because he didn't wanna loose her. Then I started agreeing because he needs her so bad Memphis! I don't think he could live without her!"

"Does mom and dad know?" I asked.

"Yes...Travis does too!" she replied.

"So everyone knows except Lyndsey?" I asked and she nodded. "How do you think that will make her feel?"

"I'm sorry Memphis believe me I am! I don't even know the girl and I already can tell she hates me. But please...don't say anything to her! Respect Matt and my wishes for now. Please?"

"I won't say anything but Matt has some explaining to do!" I replied.

"So...I'm gonna head outta here real quick so she wont see him. Tell Michelle to meet us at the car." Val replied and began walking off. "It was nice seeing you again Memphis! Come by and visit us sometime!"

"Bye Lady" the little boy waved causing me to smile.

I waved at the boy and nodded at Brent as he followed behind them. This was incredible. Matt had kept this from the supposed loved of his life for 3 years? That's their whole relationship. It was hard for me to comprehend it so I knew it would be hard for Lyndsey too.

"Hey...it was nice seeing you again Memphis!" Michelle replied as she walked by me quickly.

"Mhm." I replied still a little lost in my thoughts as Corie and Lyndsey walked up.

"So...what's up?" Corie asked.

"Oh nothing...still the same old Val...but with some big responsibility!" I replied and Corie's eyes got big before she looked at Lyndsey and cleared her throat.

"So...Brian just called he wants his car back!" Lyndsey chuckled, overlooking everything.

"Yea…let's get back home...I have the sudden urge to talk to my brother!" I replied as we walked to the SUV.