What's Happened to Us?

Caibidil A Trí

"You say that we shouldn’t ruin this … this friendship, but do we even have one?"

"What’s that supposed to mean?"

"I mean you’ve changed too. It’s not just me. You say that I’m putting on an image but I think you’ve changed."

"Perhaps I have? But I’m still not blotting you out."

"Well, sometimes I fancy a change, all right?"

"From me?"

"Yes."

"But why?"

"Because people move on! People outgrow! Things can’t stay the same forever, you have to accept that!"

"I don’t want things to stay the same. I want things to be normal. There’s a huge difference."

"And what’s your idea of normal?"

"Us not fighting, that’s what. No awkwardness between us – you can’t tell me that you can’t feel it!!"

"I think that you’re just blowing everything out of proportion."

"I think that you should accept that we have a problem here."

"Now we sound like an old married couple."

"Relationships work the same all over."

"Look, the point is, we might drift apart. We’re not the same people we were thirteen years ago."

"Thirteen years is a long time. Three to sixteen … a lot of changes happen in that time, and we made it through them."

"But we weren’t going to different schools then."

"We can still make the effort. I’ve text you. It’s you that never bothers to text back."

"Don’t blame me!"

"Don’t get on the defensive! See, this is what I’m talking about! We can’t even talk things through without rowing!"

"Well, it’s not me who’s throwing accusations out."

"Oh, on your bike. Now who’s blowing things out of proportion?"

"We’ve changed, you have to accept that! Things will never be normal again!"

"But there’s no need to fall out. If we’re not going to make this up, then can’t we finish on a good note?"

"I don’t know. There’s a lot of things wrong."

"From years and years ago. Why do you feel the need to drag them up now?"

"It’s not like that and you know it."

"Well, that’s the impression I’m getting! If you’ve a problem then just say!"

"We’ve just changed, all right? Nothing more to say!"

"In your opinion."

"There’s isn’t!"

"Well, fine. If you want to be like that. I just wish …"

"What?"

"I just wish it wasn’t like this, because it doesn’t have to be."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is all based on stuff that's happening to me right now.

Thanks to Roisin for reviewing the last chapter =D She now rocks more than all of you.

xx Fionnuala xx