Angel

Angel, part two.

What did I do? Why is this happening?
William opened his eyes to find his bandmate, Sisky and his girlfriend, Lena, speaking with each-other. She looked quite upset, but he would be too if she was in a hospital. He looked around, the heart-monitor with it's constant 'beeps' that could get on anyone's nerves. IV's were connected to his arms. He didn't remember how he got there, but his head was pounding.
He coughed, a small amount of blood dripped down his chin. He wiped it off with his hand and glared at the sight.
Why am I bleeding?
His pretty blonde girlfriend turned to see him and smiled. The smile wasn't real, obviously. She ran to his side.
"William!" She kissed his cheek. "Are you okay?"
"Hey." Was all he managed to get out.
Sisky walked up to them and tried to smile. "Y-you remember anything? You know, that happened a couple of days ago."
A couple of days ago?! What?
Lena looked at Sisky and shook her head. "He's been unconcious for 3 days now... I don't think he remembers anything." His girlfriend placed her hand over his and sighed. "Bill, you collapsed on stage..."
"Why?"
"Well, you over-dosed on too many drugs, and alchohal... and you're body couldn't take it anymore." She confessed. "B-but you're okay now, right?"
"Sure." He shook his head, closing his eyes. "I'm just so tired."
"It's okay, baby. You can sleep."
William didn't respond, he was true to his words. Lena gave him another kiss. "We'll get through this."
Sisky motioned for Lena to come back and sit with him. "He doesn't know... still?" He asked.
"Well... I found out the minute he collapsed. Litterally." She sighed. "I'll...I'll tell him when he wakes up again."
I can hear them, why can't I talk? I... I just want to tell her I love her. And how sorry I am to my bandmates. I must've been horrible. I just want them to know... Lena... come back. Please.
Their voices were muffled, he could only hear bits and pieces of their conversation.
"Yeah, but how will he react? I mean.... he just got out of the hospital... and, he was doing drugs. What if he doesn't stop?"
"No, Lena. He will stop. Ever since we started our new album, he was away from you for such a long time. He kind of went... crazy."
"Oh, this is my fault!" A sobbing sound followed with her voice.
"No, Lena. Calm down. He needs to learn to accept it."
Lena's an angel... I know it.
"He seems to be waking up... tell him now."

William, once again, opened his eyes and sighed. "Where's..."
"They had to do something about their absence." She replied, knowing what he meant. "But umm, William. The night when you collapsed. I was... looking at something else."
William felt himself going into un-conciousness again.
"No! Baby, I have to tell you this."
His eyes shut.
"William, I'm pregnant!" Lena cried out.
His heart rate sped up a little. He tried to open his eyes again. "Really?" He asked, a small smile appeared on his face.
Lena raised her eyebrows, and smiled. "Y-yeah... I just... wanted you to know. "
"I love you, Lena." He fell back into another deep sleep.
Lena walked back to Sisky and wiped a tear from her eye. "...I don't know if I can live like this!" She cried out, and buried her face in her hands.
Sisky placed a hand on her shoulder. "He'll be fine..."
The door creeked open and Carden popped his face in. "Hey." He said, smiling.
Lena didn't bother to look up.
"How is he?" Mike asked.
Sisky shook his head. "He keeps slipping out of his conciousness." He replied.
"Lena?" Chislett asked, he couldn't imagine the pain she was going through right now. She was the one who was going to spend the rest of his life with, but what life was there to spend if he was gone? "Are you alright?"
Lena ignored his question.
Sisky sighed. "I'm gonna get her out of here. She needs to sleep." He pulled Lena up and let her cry on his shoulder.
The band nodded, without question. "Understood." Carden replied.
The two left the room in silence.
I just feel so bad... she left because she doesn't like seeing me like this. Now the guys are here...
William tried to keep himself awake. He tried to speak, but he was having trouble getting his words out.
"Hey, Bill. How ya feel?" Butcher asked.
William shrugged. "I guess... a little better." He said, in a whispering tone.
"Good, that's all that matters. I'm glad." Carden said.
William shut his eyes tightly and sighed. "Listen, guys... I just wanna tell you.. I'm so sorry. What I was doing... just slowed us down." He said, happy that he could speak.
Mike shook his head. "No, it wasn't your fault. But... if you were depressed, you should've told someone about it."
William nodded. "Sorry."
2 DAYS LATER
Lena had been spending many of her nights, sleepless. Tossing and turning all night, she had no one to talk to when she was scared, no one to cuddle onto when she was lonely. It was her alone in the double bed the hotel had come with. She called out for William when she did sleep, but that only woke her up.
Tonight, she stared at the ceiling, not bothering to put the TV on.
She thought about William, what he was going through. Carden didn't even bother to stop in the room to check if she was alright. He probably didn't come home yet.
She checked the time. 2 AM.
Lena shut her eyes, trying to get to sleep.
Ring, ring, ring.
Saved by the bell.
ring ring ring.
Lena reached over and picked up the phone.
"Lena! Get over here, now!"
"What's wrong?! What happened to William?!"
Deja vu.
"Lena, if I tell you, you'll never get over here. Just get Sisky and come." Chislett hung up the phone.
Lena began to panic, her hand flew to her stomach, feeling nudges in her midsection. "Daddy'll be fine..." She said.
Lena ran to Sisky's room and pounded on the door. "Sisky! William, something happened!"
Seconds flew by.
"Sisky come on!"
Her friend popped out of the door and grabbed her wrist. "Let's go." They popped into the car and drove to the hospital, within minutes they arrived.
Lena scrambled through the hospital to find William's room. She entered.
She swore, that she felt whatever William was feeling at the moment.
"Oh my god!" She yelled. "William!"
He was dying, the electric shocks to restart his heart. 2 times, 3 times. She couldn't take it. She fell to the floor and sobbed. "No! no, no, no!" She yelled. She watched as her boyfriend's body flew up with every charge.
"Alright, last time."
"Lena, let's go..." Sisky said, trying to drag her out of the room.
"NO! I'm not leaving! You can't make me!" She freed herself of Sisky's strong grip. She ran to William's body.
"William! Please, I need you! Your band needs you! We were going to get married, you're gonna be a dad soon! Please!"
"Clear!"
Lena jumped just as William's body did.
There was nothing.

"William, you're not leaving now, are you?"
William opened his eyes and discovered a blonde haired, green eyed girl.
"Lena?"
"No, she's back with your body."
"But-you and her..."
"Go ahead. Make her happy."


There was a long moment of silence. Lena stared at William's lifeless body, Sisky turned to his bandmates and shut his eyes. "What now?" He asked.
All of a sudden, William's body shot up into a sitting position and he gasped.
His heart rate started again.
"Oh. my. god." Butcher whispered.
William's head hit his pillow as his big brown eyes roamed the room. He was lethargic for quite a while. But so was everyone else, they stared at him.
He was alright, he wasn't going to die, it was all because of that angel.
He swore she was Lena. They were identical.
"Guys..." He sighed.
The band didn't know what to say. Lena threw her arms around him and gave him a hug. "Oh... Bill, you're... you're here right? Please... don't tell me I'm hallucinating... Please!"
William shook his head and returned the hug. "I-I'm here..."
Mike laughed, but not out of humor. "Don't you EVER scare us like that again! You hear me?"
"You're alive..." Was all Sisky said. "Y-you're alive."
"I wouldn't leave you guys... no..." William said. "I couldn't let myself do that."
Hours Later
Lena leaned on William's chest, listening to his heart beating. He was sleeping now, but knowing that he was a light sleeper, it was hard to tell. But he should be tired, since he had been through so much in the last week.
"We're going to be okay now..." She whispered. Her hand was already on her stomach, reasurring her child that nothing could get worse as it was. Rock bottom had been hit, now things could only get better.
She felt William's hand caress her hair. "Sorry for scaring you like that..." He said.
"It's okay. We're okay." She said.
The band members were all in the chairs, either talking with eachother or asleep. Either way, no one could hear there conversation.
"Lena... you saved me... it was you."
"What?"
"That blonde haired, green eyed angel... she was you."
Lena smiled. "If that's what you think... then sure." She sighed.

5 MONTHS LATER

William was back into his full recovery now, drugs hadn't come across him since his incident, of course, he drank... but never as much as it would kill him. He hopped around the stage, energetic singing the lyrics to Neighbors. A smile came over his face as he saw his girlfriend standing in the corner of the set.
He let his band continue with the ending guitar riffs of the song and stared into the audience, with a serious look on his face.
"Well, guys. I've had something I've wanted to do... and I didn't have the guts to do it until now."
The crowd cheered with excitement.
"It's so great to be back in Chicago. But now... to make me extremely happy I need to do something." He winked at his bandmates. The nodded and turned to Lena, she raised an eyebrow and giggled. "This person, is probably the most special person to me on this earth. Along with my bandmates, that is." He laughed. "This person saved me, I swear. So... Lena. Come out here."
The blonde looked at William and laughed, she shook her head. "Are you crazy?" She yelled to him, patting her stomach.
William rolled his eyes and took her onto the stage. "This is my girl... Lena. "
The audience 'awwed'.
"Alright. So do you mind standing here? I need to get something from my good friend Jack 'The Camera Guy'. Kay?" William ran to the side of the stage for a second. Lena shrugged and laughed, embarressed by the audience.
"Okay... now I promise... this isn't just because you're pregnant." He said, placing his hand on Lena's stomach. "Well... Lena," He started off. "You are the most amazing girl in the entire world... I love you more than anything and I would love nothing more than to spend my whole life with you..." He got down on his knee. "Will you marry me?" William asked, opening a small velvet box which held an engagement ring.
The audience's roar was nerve racking, they took on a cheer. "LENA, LENA, LENA!" They called out.
Lena smiled and took the ring. "I love you too!" He stood up and Lena immedietly threw her arms around his neck.
William put the microphone to his mouth. "She said yes!" He yelled.

3 MONTHS LATER

William looked at his exhausted, sleeping girlfriend. He cradled his baby girl in his arms. "Well, Aera... we have our whole life ahead of us. And another month from now... we can be a real family." He whispered. "Aera Renee Beckett..." He leaned over and kissed Lena on her head. "I love you... both."

FIN
♠ ♠ ♠
The end.
Told you it was short.

Yay, happy endings!

Elena