Can't Have You

Chapter Two. In a week?

Image

3 months ago. Melanie's POV.

"Mel, wake up!" I heard someone say. I tried to ignore the voice and go back to sleep. "Come on, Melanie.. wake up!" I figured that whoever was trying to wake me up wasn't going to give up, so I slowly opened my eyes. I looked straight into those brown eyes that I would recognize everywhere. "Joe, what are you doing here..?" I glanced over at the clock. It read 5:56. ".. at 6 o'clock on a sunday morning!" I started to get angry, how dare he wake me up this early!?

"Sorry.. But I've got great news. Go get ready and meet us downstairs." He said. "Ugh. Fine. Wait. Who's us?" "Nick and Kevin are here too. So hurry up!" With that he left my room and closed the door behind him. I stayed in my bed staring at the ceiling for a few more minutes, before I finally decided to get up. Deciding I didn't want to keep my friends waiting, (even though they did have the nerve to wake me up this early and they deserve to suffer) I got dressed and went downstairs.

The boys were all sitting on my couch watching some cartoon. I walked in the room and sat myself down in the loveseat. They didn't even seem to notice my presence. I cleared my throat. Stil no reaction. I did it again, only louder this time. I finally got Joe's attention. "Oh, Mel, you're up." He said. "Thanks, Captain Obvious, I hadn't noticed." He just smiled and turned his attention back to the tv.

Five minutes went by and the boys still hadn't said anything. I was starting to get annoyed, I really wanted to know what their "great news" was. "Uhm.. Anyone care to tell me why I was woken up this early?" The guys looked at each other and smiled.

"Come on, what's the big secret? Tell me!" I was really getting impatient. "Hmm.. Should we tell her Kevin?" asked Nick. "I don't know. What do you think Joe?" "I think we should wait a little while longer." He said. "Just tell me already!" I yelled, turning off the tv. "Okay, okay. There's no need to get angry." Joe said, smirking. He knew I was annoyed and he was enjoying it.

"So, we just found out that we're going on another tour." Joe started. I was excited. My boys were taking over the world and I couldn't be more proud. "Really? That's great! I'm so proud of you guys." The boys smiled. "Yeah, we're finally going on a world tour. It's going to be amazing." Nick said. "Guys, that's great. When do you leave?" Suddenly, they were all quiet. This couldn't be good. "Guys? When do you leave?" I tried again. "Well, you see, the thing is.." Spit it out, Kevin. "We leave in a week." WHAT? I lost it. "IN A WEEK? You just got back from the last tour 4 days ago! I hardly got to spend any time with you! And now you're leaving AGAIN?" I couldn't control my emotions. I started crying uncontrollable.

Joe wrapped his arms around me. "Come on, Mel. Don't cry. We haven't told you the good news yet." He said. "What could you possibly tell me now that's going to make me feel better, Joe? My best friends are leaving me again." I looked in his eyes. They gave me butterflies every time, and now was no different. And then he gave me that smile. You know wich one I'm talking about. The one that makes your knees go weak. I almost forgot why I was crying – almost. "You're coming with us." He said. "What?" I asked, as if I hadn't heard him. "You're going on tour with us." He smiled. "Do you really think we could leave you alone for that long again? We love you, and we miss you so much when we're on tour." He added. "I told mom and dad that there was no way I was going on this tour without my BFF and they said you could come." I laughed. "Joe, did you really just say BFF?" Kevin and Nick bursted out laughing. Joe just rolled his eyes. "I just tell you all that, and all you have to say is 'did you really just say BFF'? I thought you'd be a little more excited.." he said in pretend hurt. "I'm sorry Joe. I really am excited! I honestly can't wait!" I tackled him into a hug. Then I hugged Nick and Kevin.

I started doing my happy-dance, and soon Joe joined in. We stood there, dancing as if our life depended on it, while Kevin and Nick were laughing at us.

This tour was going to be so much fun! Four months with my 3 best friends, four months with the guy I had been in love with for years.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that the story seems to move very slow right now, and there wasn't a lot going on in this chapter. But it has to start somewhere. I'm hoping the next chapter will be more exciting, and longer.
Thank you to those who have commented and subscribed, and of course everyone else who takes the time to read my story.