You Only Get One Shot

I Told You So!

Image

“APERR!”

“JACK-ATTACK!”

The small girl ran out of her house ready to hug the life out of her best friend. April being her clumsy self tripped over her own Converse clad feet, as a result sending her and Jack tumbling to the ground.

“I missed you!” April had landed on top of Jack.

“I missed you too.” Jacked hugged her from where they both still laid.

“Oh I see how it is” This came from a very amused looking Alex. “You didn’t miss us.”

April casually got off from Jack as she hugged the rest of the boys. First Rian, Zack second, and she purposely left Alex for last.

“How was tour? I bet you were amazing. You gotta tell me everything!” April managed to say all that in one short breath.

“Okay we will, but first you have to tell us how was your vacation.” Zack said as they walked into the house.

“Boring,” She sighed as she sat down in the living room. “um, i visited my grandma, had bonding time with the family, nothing fun.” she finished with a shrug.

“No boyfriend we should know about?” Rian said in his older brother voice. April had always seen him as an older brother even if they were the same age.

The question caught Jacks attention, and Alex glanced in his direction. Recently Jack had realized that he loved his best friend, April more than a friend. It was during the tour, when he had millions of girls shamelessly throw themselves at him, but the only girl Jack thought of was April.

April laughed at Rian’s question. “No, but I think I got a stalker.”

“What?” Zack asked her confused.

“Well he would be my stalker if I lived by my grandma, but luckily I don’t.”

They boys laughed. Jack let out a relived sigh; April didn’t have a boyfriend. He had planned on telling her the way he felt when they got home. Now here was his chance, and he wasn’t as confident as he had been when he walked out of the car just a few minutes before.

April told the boys she had some food made for them when Rian asked for some water. So she lead the boys into the Kitchen. Before Alex could make it into the kitchen Jack pulled him back.

“I don’t think I can do it.” Jack whispered to Alex with a desperate look on his face.

Alex looked around before he answered. “What do you mean. you were ready since before tour was over.”

“I know but, what if she doesn’t feel the same.” Jack looked so disappointed in just the thought of it.

“Trust me she feels the same way.” Alex was trying to comfort him.

Jack just looked at him. “How do you know! How can you be so sure.”

Alex sighed, he decided it was about time for his friends to stop acting so clueless. “Look I’m not aloud to say this but you really gotta man up.” Jack looked more confused than before. “April has liked you since before we even started the band.”

Jack looked like a fish out of water. His mouth opened and closed. Then his mouth turned into the biggest smile. He felt like he was on cloud nine. “Are you serious?”

“No lie.”

April stuck her head out of the door way. “Are you boys gonna come eat? Cause Zack and Rian are eating your food.” She smiled at Alex and then shifted her gaze onto Jack. She still had those butterfly feelings every time she looked at him.

Alex ran into the kitchen shouting something about his food. Jack smiled at April with a new found confidence.

“What?” April asked Jack feeling a little self conscious. He was looking at her in a way he had never done before.

Jack just smiled. “nothing, do you think I can talk to you… alone?”

“Yeah sure.”

They walked out to the backyard. They sat on the trampoline like they always did. The sun had just set and Jack and April sat there looking at it past the trees.

“So what was it you had to tell me?” April was beginning to worry a little.

Jack Sighed and turned so his whole body was facing April. “April, I gotta get something off my chest.”

April just looked at him not sure if this was a good thing or a bad thing. Jack reached out for Aprils hand. They both couldn’t help but love the feeling of how their hands fit perfectly together, like two puzzle pieces. Made for eachother

“April, I-I Love You.” Jack closed his eyes as he finished. He was afraid to open them and have her laugh in his face.

April looked at Jack with the most surprised face. This was what she dreamed of almost every night. Jack confessing his undying love for her, and now she sat there with her most desired wish in the palm of her hand.

Jack opened his eyes to see April smiling shyly at him. He sighed in relief as he took her smile as good sign.

April boldly leaned closer into him. “I love you too, Jack”

There noses where touching, like Eskimo kisses. “I really want to kiss you.” Jack whispered as he looked into her eyes.

“Then Kiss me.” She said softly as Jack closed the small gap between them.

The Kiss was so perfect. It was caring and full of love. Aprils could almost hear her heart sing out as they kissed. Jack was having a mental party, celebrating that he actually got the girl.

The boys were watching from the window as their friends kissed on the trampoline. Smiles on their faces. They were glad they had finally told eachother.

Alex Opened the window. “I told you so!” He shouted as loud as he could.

April and Jack pulled apart a blush on both their faces. Alex winked at them. Jack just looked back at April and kissed her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So so so Sorry it took so long to write this April, I made you a banner to try and make it up for being so late!!! BUT I hope it doesn’t suck and that you like it! Let me know what you think!