Short Sweet And To The End

"He killed our dog!"

Waking up to explosions and screaming at 3:00 in the morning made Hartley a little upset. Her Carrie, her five year old sister ran into her room crying. Hartley embraced her in a hug, soothing her.

"M-m-monster." Carrie whispered. "No such thing as monsters Carrie, they're not real." Hartley soothed, trying to ignore the blaring sirens and the terror that engulfed the night. Hartley wished her parents were home, but they were on vacation for a week, she remembered seeing her Mom and Dad driving down the stretch of pavement that was the road to Florida. She remembered the feeling of joy as the silver SUV rounded the corner.

"But there was a monster in my room!" Carrie argued, she hated being told she was wrong. Hartley sighed. She took a breath, about to explain monsters were not real. Until Max, the family bulldog ran into the room barking. A crash followed the dog. A shadow formed in the doorway, Carrie hid under the bed, Max jumped in front of the girls, and Hartley just stared at the shadow.

All was quiet, it seemed the air had frozen. The sirens and screams were far away now, it seemed just Hartley, and the shadow. Moonlight shone through the window, stars twinkled outside, as the figure stepped out of the doorway, a smile slipped across it's face. Pale skin, sharp canine teeth, and a bone chilling smile. It was enough to nearly stopped her heart.

"I TOLD YOU MONSTERS WERE REAL!" Carrie yelled.

"Oh, I'm not a monster." It laughed.

"Oh really? Then what the hell are you?" Hartley asked it. It smiled it's chilling smile as it stepped closer. Max lunged at it, in one swift motion it tossed Max away, the dog yelped laying motionlessly on the floor.

"MAX!" Carrie yelled, she ran out from under the bed, as the thing snatched her up, she screamed. The vampire smiled, showing it's fangs. It looked ready to bite. Carrie screamed, Hartley lunged, and something swooped in knocking her out of the way.

The other thing jumped on the vampire, Carrie was thrown across the room, luckily landing on the bed. She was shaking. Hartley crawled over to soothe her sister. As the things wrestled around on the floor. Carrie was crying, the dog looked dead, and Hartley was still confused.

"Dammit!" One of the things grunted, as it pinned the other down. Carrie and Hartley stared. "Look away!" It yelled at them. The girls closed their eyes. A scream pierced the cold night air, it rose above the sounds of panic. And like that, it was over.

"Um, you can look now." It said. Hartley and Carrie looked up. The figure looked just like the other vampire, sleek black hair, chocolate eyes. But his smile was warming. He extended a hand, helping Hartley up.

"Wow, this feels like a stupid vampire movie. Are you a vampire prince or something?" Hartley asked. He laughed. "No, we don't have kings and queens and that crap." He said. "I'm Stephen by the way. Just call me Steph." He added. Hartley smiled. "I'm Hartley, this is my sister, Carrie and that's Max, er, was Max." Hartley said.

"He killed our dog!" Carrie exclaimed. "Um, there's sorta some bad news. The world is ending." Steph said sheepishly. "Suuuure." Hartley laughed. "I'm not kidding, that thing you just saw, it and lots of others want to blow it up." Steph said with a straight face. "Oh shit, you're telling the truth." Hartley said.

But neither of them noticed the something creeping up behind them, until it jumped onto Steph.
♠ ♠ ♠
NO VAMPIRE PRINCES! =] I'm trying to make this 100% original. I would like some comments?