Sequel: Exposed In Lights

Secrets Are Hard To Keep

So much for keeping me upright!

I gazed at the small bit of toe you could see through the front of my black shoes as I sat in the car with Taylor who was singing along with the radio happily whilst my stomach tied knots in numerous places. I checked my iPhone again, we were going to be on time, the Jonas’s were already there. We also had a story for the reason we were going out for a meal, I am now officially going to write and record a duet with the Jonas Brothers.

Taylor had pointed out many times I had nothing to worry about, but of course I still worried. This was going to be the make or break moment for me and the Jonas clan, if I messed this up then I messed up my chances at anything pleasant with Nick.

“We’re almost here girls.” Taylor’s mom told us smiling madly in the rear view mirror.

“Thanks mom.” Taylor smiled but winced once she was hidden by her hair, I stifled a laugh and gazed down the street as we ground to a halt in traffic.

Even from here with the neon pub lights and brightly lit closed shop windows I could see the mass of photographers already outside of ‘Cut.’ I sighed and ruffled my hair and wiped my eyes so I didn’t have any eyeliner smudges before I was photographed.

The traffic finally got moving and we swerved right against into the space left for us to walk through. Before we even pulled up and ground to a halt cameras were flashing. I grabbed Taylor’s hand as security opened our door, I smiled at the cameras and so did Taylor but we ignored the questions thrown at us.

Cameras still flashed as we stood near the podium as Taylor gave them the name ‘Jonas’ which made my whole body feel heavier. As we walked through the restaurant people stopped eating to gaze at us, I smiled at a little kid who pointed excitedly at us.

The waited led up to a separate room, it was very grand. The walls were painted cream with black skirting boards; the roof was a satin sheet with draped up and attached to a black beam with had a dazzling chandelier hanging from it which illuminated the whole room brightly. A black marble table had a white table cloth on and numerous identical place settings.

At the head of the table Paul sat in a black dress shirt, to his right was Denise who was in a red top and a black shawl. To his left Kevin sat in a cream jacket and matching scarf under his white shirt. Frankie sat next to Kevin in a smile green shirt and next to Frankie sat Joe who was in a white shirt and black waist coat. I saved the best for last. Nick sat next to his mother in a purple shaded jacket and white shirt looking spectacular.

I smiled at the closely knit family who all beamed back at me. Nick stood up and walked over to me then enveloped me in a tight hug. I couldn’t help but inhale his sweet smell. “Hey.” I smiled as he kissed my cheek.

Taylor and I greeted everyone in the room then I sat down next to Nick at the table and the waiter placed my napkin on my lap, I thanked him and listened to the conversation.

TIME LAPSE

The food was great and I was having a great time, but Frankie had fallen asleep on Kevin’s lap so we knew we’d have to leave soon. It was dark out and I could feel my eyes drooping as I leaned comfortably against Nick’s side.

“Julia are you free to go to the recording studio tomorrow?” Paul asked me, I sharped my gaze and cleared my throat.

“I can’t tomorrow, I’m recording something else.” I told him and Nick furrowed his eye brows at me.

“Who are you recording with?”

I sighed, “Chris Brown.” Everyone was looking at me now. I hadn’t told them about this yet so now the atmosphere was buzzing and everyone was grinning.

“Since when?” Nick exclaimed in shock.

“Since ages ago.” I shrugged and swallowed a final gulp of my diet coke.

“How come you never told me?” Nick said with a disapproving tone.

“You never asked.”

Nick laughed loudly and Taylor was smiling widely at me. “Well, we’ll sort it out soon guys,” Paul stood up and we all looked at him, “we best be heading off, Franklin needs his bed.”

We all stood up as Paul muttered into his phone about security and cars. Denise and Paul left with Frankie first and we all hung around waiting for a member of staff to come and tell us it was safe.

Nick held me against him as I rested my weight on one foot. He kissed my hair as he talked with his brothers. “How come you’re so tired?” Nick asked me quietly.

“Late night.” I told him and scratched my head.

“The car is waiting for you now.” A waiter interrupted us and we all headed for the door. When Nick let go of me he gave me an apologetic look, I smiled at him. Taylor sauntered over gracefully and laced her fingers with mine.

“I’ll keep you upright.” She promised. I beamed up and her and shook my head more awake as I saw the flashes going outside.

When the boys stepped out in front of us we kept close behind and smiled for the cameras. They shouted incomprehensible things to us and got rowdy. Once pushed his luck and started pushing, one of the paparazzi pushed him back and straight into me.

“Ow!” I exclaimed as I came into contact with the cold ground, the flashes came even faster and brighter now and the press got their pictures before helping me. But Nick soon came to my rescue and grabbed my hands lifting me from the ground. He wound an arm around my waist and led me into the car in my dazed state. As soon as the door closed I rubbed my eyes and turned to glare at Taylor.

“So much for keeping me upright!” I scolded her and turned away from her.

“Sorry!” She half laughed. I huffed and crossed my arms.

Nick looked over me nervously. “Are you okay?” He asked looking me in the eyes. I nodded and he kissed my cheek gently.

I leaned against him and sighed contently. Being close to him was the most soothing feeling ever; it makes me feel like nothing can touch me. I inhaled his smell, so unique I couldn’t even place what cologne it was.

“I’m fine.” I told him and pecked him gently on the lips. He rubbed my forearm as we gazed at each other, “Do you want to come and watch me record tomorrow?”

A smile broke out on his face and he nodded, “I’d love too.” He played with the strands of my hair until we pulled up outside my house, “I’ll see you tomorrow.” He placed a hand on the side of my cheek delicately.

“I’ll text you the address tomorrow.” I stretched my neck up and pressed my lips to his, I didn’t want to have to leave him. I was attached to him like the magnetic force of north and south.

TIME LAPSE

I pulled on my bootleg dark blue denim jeans and thread my brown leather belt through the loops as I pondered whether I had time for breakfast or not. I tugged my plain black, long sleeved and low neck shirt over my head then shook my hair back into position. I slipped some sunglasses on and rushed out the door, I sat down on my bed and pulled on and tied my converse.

“JULIA, YOUR CAR IS HERE.” My mother bellowed with her agitated voice ringing in every word. The kids were driving her insane today so I decided to make her life easier. I swung my messenger bag over me and rushed down and out of the house calling a goodbye as I went.

When we pulled up to the studio there were already press here, a sure sign Chris was already there. I politely waved and smiled for them then walked through the studio, a woman in a grey suit was waiting for me with an ear piece in and a clip board.

“Ah, Julia, follow me please.” She smiled and I did as she told me. She led me through the modern corridors and to a varnished pine door with the word ‘studio 106’ shaped in aluminium blocks on it. She pushed in a key code and opened the door for me.

When I walked in I saw an elaborate board with numerous buttons and knobs on, I could never work that. Two people sat at it and I could hear Chris, when I turned to the left there was a large glass pane window and I could clearly see Chris doing his vocals. They cut off when he noticed me and he took off his headphones.

“Julia, how are you today? I’m Geoff, the producer.” A man in a white V-neck shirt and jeans stood up and shook my hand; he looked like a father figure definitely. The boy next to him was engrossed in all the buttons, but the difference was he looked like he was doing.

“I’m Bill, the sound guy.” He mumbled to me, I smiled at him and he crawled under the table. He seemed… odd.

“Don’t mind him, he enjoys electronics too much.” Chris had appeared through a door I hadn’t noticed and was now approaching me. “Hello.” He exclaimed and hugged me, I hugged him back then once we broke off I tossed my bag into a corner.

“Hey.” I smiled back at him and tucked some of my hair behind my ear. “Lets do this.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay, I'm still sharing laptops!

-Rose

P.S Comments please!