Sequel: Exposed In Lights

Secrets Are Hard To Keep

Don't be shy, you're cute

“Mum do you think I should change?” I asked as she walked into my closet. I had changed into a flower print dress with a square neck shape and white strapped sandals. My hair was curled and my make up was minimal. I had no idea what impression I had left of the Jonas parents before I had even met them, they’re sure to have read things about me though.

“You look fine, your Dad is in the car waiting for you. Hurry up.” She patted my bottom and kissed my cheek. I rushed out of my closet and through my bedroom grabbing my bag from my bed before I left.

Once outside I climbed into the passenger’s seat and let the decoy car leave for the press to chase. After 5 minutes of waiting around we set off with the radio blaring. My Dad seemed to know where he was going and sensed I was nervous so he didn’t make any remarks which would probably annoy me.

He slowed down on the road in a modern urban street then we stopped and I didn’t move. “That’s the house.” My Dad laughed, I shook my head and nodded. “Call me later when you want picking up.” He lent over and kissed my cheek.

“Bye Dad.” I stepped out the car and looked around, no press. I smiled and walked across the road and Nick appeared out of the door of the house and gave me a tight hug. “Hiya,” I smiled.

“Come on inside.” He told me and led me inside the house. Inside was just as modern as the outside, laminated flooring and a large staircase in front of us. There was a hall straight along the side of the stairs which led to the kitchen and from what I could see either side there were two doors, one looking into a living room and the other into a large dining room. “You look gorgeous.” He whispered into my ear as we stood at the door he had just led me through.

“Thanks, so do you.” I grinned, he was wearing a white and blue striped shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans. I lifted my head up at the sound of loud footsteps coming down the stairs.

Kevin smiled at me then jumped the last two stairs, “Julia,” he exclaimed and gave me a hug, “how are you?”

“I’m good thanks.” I replied giving him a bright smile, he smiled back and ruffled my hair. Nick laughed as I pouted and placed it back into its original place. “Where are we off to?” I asked turning to him.

“Well my parents are getting some grocery so let’s go sit with Joe and Taylor.” I smiled up at him and followed him into the living room. Joe and Taylor looked up from their snug position on the sofa and smiled at us as we sat down on the sofa to their right. Nick put his arm around my shoulders and I blushed slightly.

“Hey Julia, how you been?” Taylor asked me with a friendly smile.

I smiled back feeling much more comfortable, “Wonderful, you?”

“The same.” She placed her head back on Joe’s shoulder who rested his head on hers contently.

Nick sighed, “You guys are boring.” He stood up and held out his hand for me, I grabbed it and he pulled me up from the sofa.

“I want a ride on your back.” I smirked, he rolled his eyes and bent down. I jumped onto his back and wrapped my legs and arms around him tightly.

He inhaled sharply. “Your hip bone is digging into my back.” I flushed and manoeuvred myself until he nodded and took off up the stairs easily with me. I giggled at the young photos of him on the wall and he jogged the last two steps.

“Don’t be shy, you’re cute.” I told him quietly, I saw the edges on his lips curve upwards as his opened a door and led me into his room.

Straight opposite were two large windows both of which led onto a balcony with black fencing. A large bed with white sheets on was in-between them against the wall. He had a bedside cabinet on either side both of which had a lamp on and the right hand side had a silver photo frame on. To the right of the room was an open door which led into what seemed to be a closet and against the wall was a stereo with vertical racks of CDs, above it was a plasma screen TV. The left hand wall occupied framed CDs representing his bands achievements and also different guitars were on the wall too.

He carried me over to his bed then fell to the side pulling me down with him. I giggled as he rolled over me and had his stomach against mine horizontally. His weight pressed down on me but I didn’t care at that moment in time even though it was slightly difficult to breathe. But he picked up on that and crawled off of me.

“Ow!” I exclaimed as he kneed me in the mouth. He gasped and spun around quickly.

His face was red with embarrassment, “I’m so sorry.” I pinched my bottom lip which throbbed a little. I turned my head as he tried to move my hand out the way. “Let me see.”

I reluctantly turned my head and moved my hand and he prodded at it then stretched it out and back to normal numerous times. I batted his hands away playfully. “No blood.” I told him and smiled.

“I know,” he had his ‘I have an idea’ smile on, “just how to make it better.”

As he leaned in I was momentarily dazed by his sweet smelling breath hitting my face, I blinked and suddenly he was closer and he stopped a centimetre away from my face. It was difficult to react when his lips were on mine, I sat idle for a few second before moving my lips with his.

He placed his hand around the back on my head and carefully laid me on the bed as if I were a delicate child. His body oversized mine but in such a perfect way it scared me but also made me shiver with delight. I’d never felt this before and it was something I wanted to hold onto with a tight grip.

“Kids, we’re home.” A soft and warm voice rang barely audible but Nick and I kept our lips on each others but stopped moving and snapped our eyes wide open. Our eyes stared at the door and Nick slowly peeled himself away from me and it felt as if his lips were the last thing to leave me. My dress dropped back against my skin swirling some air around my skin. He smiled apologetically and kissed my lips again leaving me even more dazed.

“Time to meet the parents.” He sounded as if he was asking a question; I smiled and nodded enthusiastically even though I still had some dread in the pit of my stomach. I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and smiled as I caught a proper look at the old family picture beside his bed.

I stood up and he put a few strands of my hair back in place, I wiped a few of my loose hairs from his shoulders and let out a laugh. He turned and I followed him back downstairs until we ground to a halt in the kitchen.

“Hey Mom.” He said happily and gave her a hug as I stood awkwardly in the door way. I could hear a deep bass voice coming from the living room behind me.

Mrs Jonas spotted me in the door and smiled kindly, the way she smiled made her seem like a Nursery school teacher. “You must be Julia, we’ve heard a lot about you,” Nick looked down at his feet, “good things of course.” I took a deep breath and flashed the sweetest smile I could conjure up. “Come on in, I’m Nick’s mother.”

“You have a beautiful home Mrs Jonas.” I told her as I stood next to Nick suddenly feeling quite inferior.

“Please call me Denise and thank you.” Nick smiled once again, I must be doing something right then, “Paul come in here please!” She called and began putting away some food from brown bags, Nick started to help her and I stood aimlessly, once again, against the white marble island in the middle of the kitchen.

Heavy footsteps entered the room and by the way Mr Jonas held himself I knew it was his opinion which was going to be the deciding vote. He smiled at his family and then looked to me and the smile looked a bit forced, none the less he stepped forward and stopped in front of me.

“Dad this is my girlfriend, Julia Beckham.” Nick smiled snaking his arm around my waist.

“It’s nice to meet you Mr Jonas.” I told him and shook his hand.

He smiled at me and nodded, “Nice to meet you too Julia, that’s a funny accent you have there.”

I chuckled, “I move a lot so it’s a bit Northern and a bit Southern.” I told him and Nick squeezed my side calming me down. I watched him pull out a stack of 5 CDs from a bag, I noticed the top one was a Michael Bublé CD. “Michael Bublé is amazing.” Mr Jonas stopped in his tracks and turned to me.

“You like Bublé?” He seemed shocked but he was smiling wide.

“Yeah, I used to go to his concerts with my Granddad all the time.”

We shot off into a conversation on Jazz and Blues music and Nick stood contently at my side for the whole time. Denise smiled and gave her input occasionally. Nick played with strands of my hair, twisting the curls around his fingers at the back of my head.

“Nick, we’re going to dinner tonight. Julia would you like to join us?” Paul asked me once our conversation had dwindled out.

I glanced up at Nick who smiled at me, “Sure, I’d love to.”

“Taylor is coming as well.” Joe said suddenly appearing in the kitchen. This new information made me feel a little bit better, less under the microscope in some senses. Joe grabbed two sodas and left just as quickly as he came.

Now I had to work out what to wear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay

Thanks to everyone who subscribed and to everyone who comments, comments make me happier.

:)

-Rose