Sequel: Exposed In Lights

Secrets Are Hard To Keep

Quad biking?

“Good morning Leon.” I greeted him as he shuffled into the kitchen ten minutes late.

He walked straight over to the pot of coffee I had made and poured himself a cup. I noted that he drank it black as he took a few gulps. He grabbed a piece of flapjack I had made earlier then smiled, “I’m good.” He told me and I giggled. “Why the hell do they want us this early for a photo shoot?”

I shrugged in reply and dropped my cup into the sink. “Let’s go or we’ll be late.” Leon chugged the rest of his coffee and grabbed another piece of flapjack and followed me outside. As we walked I put on my purple cardigan and then hooked my leather bag over my shoulder. “I’m driving.”

“You have your license?” He asked and I nodded in reply and flashed him it, he gazed at it as I opened my BMW and he laughed. “Nice picture.” I scowled at him and snatched it out of his hands and placed it back into my purse.

I put on my sun glasses as I started up the engine then I set off to the set I was told to go to. When we arrived I was motioned into a parking spot and our doors were opened for us. A woman with a clipboard directed me to follow her and Leon went off in a different direction.

“Bye!” He called to me waving, I waved back and giggled as he was pushed into a white tent. I was pushed into another and everyone greeted me kindly and the photographer came over to me.

“Hello, thanks for being on time. Right, so what we have a lovely outfit for you today. Some beige cowboy boots a long white skirt which is strips of material. Your top is a brown shirt that covers your chest and then there are two pieces of fabric that with cross diagonally across your stomach. That sound good?”

“Wonderful.” I smiled widely.

“And what we have Leon in is a simple pair of jeans and a white vest shirt. What we’re going to do is have you do basically stand in the middle of the road and throw a tin of paint at each other.” My eyes widened and she laughed. “It will be fine, then we’ll clean you up, have lunch and change you into a black dress and orange tights, Leon will be in a suit and we will do some shots of you as individuals. So lets get going.” She grabbed her walkie talkie and muttered, “Hair and make up on Leon.” She clipped it back onto the top of her jeans. “Same here!” She shouted then rushed out with a final nod to me.

I sat down on the chair left out for me and the make up and hair people started working on me. I sat patiently for a good two hours until they were done. “Okay, your costume is over there.” The make up artist told me as she pointed towards the rack of clothes. They all left and I changed into my outfit making sure not to mess my curled hair up.

I wrapped a sheet around me as I walked out the tent in my full outfit. I walked over to the photographer who was putting up large boards to stop press from taking photos.

I walked over to the tin of paint and smirked at Leon. “Pick up your tins!” Someone shouted so we did so. Snaps went off capturing every moment. “Throw!” We both launched the buckets of paint at each other, his was blue and mine was pink. They collided in the air then splattered all over us.

TIME LAPSE

Four hours later and we were done, Leon was off to do some publicity and I was driving to pick up Nick who was coming to the Summit offices with me and then we had planned to go quad biking on the beach. I had no idea why, it was all Nick’s idea and he had arranged it all so I trusted him.

I ground to a halt outside of his house and honked my horn. I turned down the radio and stared anxiously at the door. I watched it swing open and close, he stepped into view and smiled at me. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt and a pair of skinny black jeans with some black shoes on. His Ray Bans aviators covered his stunning eyes but he knocked the breath out of me nonetheless.

“Hey!” He called as he jumped over the door of my car and landed in the seat. I scowled at him and he just laughed. “Sorry, couldn’t resist.”

I smirked at him and set off down the road with the wind blowing in my hair. “How are you today?” I asked him as I turned off the radio all together.

“I’m great. I missed you though.” I smiled at his words but kept focused on the road. “Is that paint on your neck?” He asked and I laughed. He licked his fingers and wiped it off of me.

“Yeah, part of the shoot. I had to throw paint all over Leon, it was fun.” I told him giggling to myself. He placed his hand on my thigh as I drove, I turned my head for a split second to smile at him directly and he smiled back.

We pulled up outside and walked into the building, the front of the ground level wall was glass. Once we were inside I gazed around. There were lights hanging from the ceiling making the room even brighter. People sat waiting on modern shaped sofas and a large semi circle desk occupied the back wall. Nick and I walked over to it and I placed my arms on it and rested.

“I’m here to see Penny Saunders.” I told her, she gazed at Nick and I in awe. I waved my hand in front of her eyes and she jumped then grabbed her phone straight away. She watched us as she held the phone to her ear. I bit my lip and tapped my heel against the floor.

“Hello Mrs Saunders, Julia Beckham is in the l-- she just arrived-- she has Nick Jonas with her…” There was a long pause, “I will do.” She put the phone down and then smiled up at us. “If you walk down that corridor and turn right you’ll find her office, if you have any issues just come back and I’ll help you.”

“Thank you.” Nick said then we set off down our pointed direction. “She creeps me out.” Nick whispered as he wound his arm around my waist once we were out of sight. He came to a stop, “Jools, I haven’t had a proper kiss today.”

I looked up and he had his eyes closed and lips puckered. I smiled and put my hands either side of his face. I pressed my lips to his softly then pulled back, he smiled at me and kissed my forehead as we began walking again.

The door was propped open by a wedge so we walked straight in. the woman I had spoken too was not what I expected. She was curvy and had all of her hair tied back. She wore a navy blue t-shirt and black trousers with flat shoes on. Her red glasses were propped on the end of her nose but she shoved them up as she saw us.

“Nick, Julia welcome to my office. Take a seat.” She smiled and we both sat down on the black leather chairs in front of her desk. “Now, you want to run a competition to give away passes to our premiere for Twilight.”

“Yes. I think it would be a great idea all you have to do is give me the passes.”

“But, we’d have to do publicity for it and how do we plan to get it out there that we’re doing this?” She asked.

“Don’t you do Twilight Tuesdays? I do TV interviews. We could easily throw together a commercial. All we’d have to do is set up the website but I don’t want anyone under the age of 15 because then we’d have to take their parents. I’d pay for their travels and accommodation and outfits, we’d have a great time.”

“But you want one to give to someone for definite, Bailey from Youtube.” She seemed keen on the idea, but she knew the draw backs.

I nodded, “I’d do whatever you wanted me too I just really want her to go.”

“Right. This is what we’d have to do. If we’re giving a pass away for certain with not entries, I’m going to have to send you to her house with a camera for MTV and you give it to her, we cant risk this getting lost in the post. I’ll give you 4 more passes for your competition and 1 for you, how does that sound?” She smiled widely, obviously something about my expression gave away that I wasn’t expecting that much, “And we’d have to do it soon.”

“Oh my god! Yes! Where do I sign?” I smirked and she pushed a stack of paper towards me, I went to put my pen to it but Nick snatched it from underneath me. I gave him a questioning look.

“This could say anything, let me read it.” Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I nodded and he read through it as Penny did some more work and rummaged through her drawers.

It took Nick a good 15 minutes to read it all but then he placed it down in front of me and handed me the pen back. “Sign on the dotted line, that contract is perfect.”

I smiled and scrawled down my signature and handed Penny it back. “If you write down your email and telephone number here I’ll email you. As soon as you leave I’ll be on the phone to MTV sorting all of this out and trying to find Bailey’s address. I hope to see you soon.” We all stood up and Nick and I shook her hand then walked out with one more goodbye.

“Quad biking?” Nick smirked and I nodded furiously.