Sequel: Exposed In Lights

Secrets Are Hard To Keep

I’m taking the walk of death

“How much further?” I whined as we continued down the beach, the sand between our toes and hands swinging between us.

“You want to be out the way of all cameras don’t you?” Nick said in a smug tone, I sighed and let go of his hand. I waited until he was ahead of me then launched onto his back, he seemed to be anticipating it as he didn’t even stumble. “Better?” He asked and I rested my chin on his shoulder.

As we turned a corner two large quad bikes came into view, one red and one blue. Big Rob was stood beside them, I smiled at him widely and jumped off of Nick’s back and ran to the red one. I put my plimsolls back on then started it up.

“Don’t go out of my sight!” Big Rob shouted. I waved at him and took off before Nick had even started his up.

As the wind blew threw my hair I stood up but sat down as I heard Nick approaching. I went onto the wet sand and sprayed some of the water onto him.

“You’ll pay for that!” He shouted, I smiled and took off faster back onto the softer sand. He was soon riding beside me. I smiled but gasped as he took a sharp turn and sprayed me with sand. I scowled and took after him.

We rode around like this for a good hour before we both came to a halt where Big Rob was. “Big Rob, do you want a go?” Nick asked climbing off of his quad. Big Rob took his place and Nick climbed on the back of mine and reached his arms up to the handles so I was trapped in a square cage of his arms. I leaned back against his stomach and held onto his thighs.

I stared ahead as he and Big Rob raced, Nick was being careful with me on as his driving was much less reckless than when he was alone. I closed my eyes trusting him completely as he rode around the beach letting the wind blow in my face. I opened them when the engine slowed to a hum and we stopped all together.

“Big Rob saw some paparazzi on the sand dunes.” Nick told me and I groaned and climbed off the quad, Nick followed and we followed Big Rob to his car. “We’ll go and get your car.” He told me as the door shut behind us.

My iPhone buzzed in my pocket, I pulled it out to find I had a new email from Summit. The subject was MTV so I opened it quickly and read it out loud. “Hello Julia, this is Penny. I called MTV and they said they would like to do a live feed of you giving Bailey the ticket and then have you announce it. We’re having a meeting about it tomorrow afternoon at MTV studios and you are welcome to come if you want to. I’d like to reassure you at this point it is definitely going to happen, the meeting is merely for press purposes and to finialise any information and to throw around ideas. I’ve attached the address to this email. Penny Saunders.”

“Sounds like the ball is rolling.” Nick commented and kissed my nose. “We’re here.” He announced as the car slowed. “Thanks Big Rob.” He called as we jumped out.

“Thanks.” I shouted and closed the door. I pulled my keys from my pocket and opened the car. Nick once again jumped over the side and into it and I scowled at him. He just smiled widely as I opened the door and got in the conventional way. “When’s you next show?”

“Are you going to come?” He asked looking at me as I watched the road.

“Obviously.” How oblivious could he be? Like I’d miss him performing on stage for anything. “Now, are you coming to my house?”

“Will your Dad be in?” Nick asked, a sceptical tone to his voice. It wasn’t a secret that Nick was slightly intimidated by my Dad.

I chuckled, “Yes, probably.” I snuck a glance at his face, he had his poker face on. “He wont bite.”

“Will Leon be there?” The way he spat the question out told me he had been wanting to ask it for a while.

“Maybe, I don’t know.” I shrugged and turned into the driveway. I parked my car next to my Dad’s and climbed out, Nick and I met at the back of the car and he grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

“I feel like I’m taking the walk of death.” Nick murmured.

I punched him in the arm. “Shut up.” Nick laughed, throwing his head back. I grimaced and pulled him into the house, I sighed contently as the air conditioning whirled around my body cooling me down. “Dad!” I called looking around the house with Nick behind me still holding my hand.

“Out back!” I heard him shout. Nick followed me into the kitchen and let go of my hand and sat down on a stool. I opened the fridge and rooted through the drawers, I snapped a few grapes from their stalks and closed the fridge.

I tossed one into my mouth and leaned against the counter. “Open wide.” I told Nick, he opened his mouth and I tossed a grape into it. To my surprise he caught it expertly. “Score!” I shouted pumping my fist into the air. He laughed at me and I grinned at him.

“Afternoon…” My Dad smiled, walking into the kitchen and kissing my head. “How was your day? What did the Summit people say?”

“It’s happening, I’m going to a meeting tomorrow at MTV studios.” I smiled and he ruffled my hair.

“That’s my girl.” He spun around to look at Nick, I quickly took to Nick’s side. “Nick.” Dad nodded and Nick nodded back.

“Mr Beckham.” He replied and my Dad walked back out to the garden. Nick let out a long breath and rubbed his neck, “He’s so intimidating.” Nick whispered. He wrapped his arms around my waist and moved me in front of him, I leaned against his body and placed my hands on top of his on my stomach.

My heart fluttered as I felt his breathing on my neck. His soft thumb lifted up the bottom of my shirt a fraction and gently rubbed the skin there. He let out a long breath then grazed his nose and lips down my neck and across my right shoulder and then to my left shoulder. I shivered under his touch and he smiled against my skin.

“Hello love birds.” Leon’s voice interrupted my personal paradise. “I’m Leon.” He said to Nick not bothering to shake his hand as if I’d had let go of his hand anyway. “Fancy a dip in the pool?” Leon asked me, completely ignoring Nick, taking a swig of his coke.

I scowled at him, “Nick?” I asked turning around to face him, “I’m sure we have some swim gear somewhere.” I told him.

“Why not.” I smiled up and him and kissed his jaw.

“Party of three, wonderful.” Leon muttered and walked out of the kitchen and upstairs.

I sighed, “Sorry about him. He was really rude.”

“Don’t worry about it.” Nick told me.

I led Nick up to my bedroom and he sat on the bed patiently as I changed into a black bikini and rooted around for some swimming shorts. I managed to find a pair of Taylor’s old swim shorts, but I just wouldn’t tell him they were Taylor’s. I skipped back into my bedroom and tossed them at Nick, he caught them and stared at me.

“Earth to Nick J!” I shouted, he shook his head and laughed, “Go change.” He walked over to me, seeming quite confident. I gazed at him as he came to a stop in front of me. He carefully raised his hand and brushed his fingers over my cheekbones, I slowly twisted my fingers around his belt loops. He smirked at me and I bit my lip, with a sharp tug and pulled him into me and pressed my lips to his. He smiled against my lips and tangled his hand into my hair. But I abruptly snapped away from him when the clicking of a camera went off. I pulled away to see Nick holding his iPhone.

“Smile.” He sung and snapped a picture of us grinning.

“Go change Jonas.” I smiled and dived onto my bed as he disappeared into my closet to change. He appeared a minute later in nothing but a pair of black swimming trunks. “Don’t stare.” I whispered to myself, but his body was over powering my demands. He was very tone and muscular, I’d seen pictures before this but nothing compares to the real thing.

“JULIA!” Leon’s voice luckily snapped me out of my drool fest and I stood up. Nick was grinning at me, crap, he noticed me staring.

“You look like a fish.” He chuckled and walked past me. I scowled and followed him downstairs and into the garden. “You know, if someone told me a month ago I’d be in a pair of swimming trunks in the Beckham household I’d have told him to get out of whatever room I was in.”

I punched his arm but laughed, “If someone told me last month I’d be Nick Jonas’s bit stuff then I’d have kissed them and went on a hunt for you.” He smirked. “Ah!” I shouted as I suddenly felt his foot kick my ass. I stumbled forward but he caught my elbow and righted me quickly.

“You should watch where you walk.” Nick teased and I glared at him as we stepped out into the sun light.

My Dad had fallen asleep on a sun lounge with a plate of fries on his lap and Leon was sun bathing next to him, but he heard us walk about and Leon was soon on his feet. “You found some trunks then?” There was a hint of annoyance to his tone but I brushed it off.

“Yep.” Nick answered popping the ‘p.’

I took a run and jump and cannon balled into the pool splashing Nick and my Dad with water, Leon leaped out the way. “What the!” My Dad shouted and jumped to his feet as Nick slid into the water and joined me. “Cheers kiddo.” I grinned a toothy smile at him and he scowled as he walked back into the house.

Nick swam behind me and wrapped his arms around me. His hands gripped my side tightly and my eye brows furrowed in confusion as what he was doing. Then quickly I was whipped out of the water and lifted above Nick’s head, “Nick!” I screamed as he bent his arms down and launched me back into the water. I surfaced and smiled gleefully at him, he nodded his head to the side and I twisted mine to see my Dad with his digital camera.

“Action shots!” Dad exclaimed and laughed as he looked at the pictures. I swam over to Nick and wrapped my legs around his waist and rested my chin on his shoulder. “Smile kids.” My Dad snapped another picture and we smiled.

I’d almost forgot Leon was with us until he walked out of the garden in a strop. “I’ll go see what crawled up his a--”

“Dad.” I interrupted and Nick laughed, “It’s okay, I’ll go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
54 Subscribers! Wow!

Comments would be nice.

-Rose.