Sequel: Exposed In Lights

Secrets Are Hard To Keep

Peach and Bear

Nick had been staring at me for 5 minutes straight trying to work out a nickname for me. I got bored and messed about on my laptop as he stared at me. “I got it!” He exclaimed making me jump, “Peach.” I bit my lip trying not to laugh. Peach? That’s what he came up with? How did I resemble a peach? “Your cheeks, they’re cute and pinch-able. And you have a nice peachy glow about you. Peach.” Something must have been amusing about my expression as he was laughing.

“Peach and bear.” I said to my self. I liked it so I nodded. “We’re quite the odd ones aren’t we.” He nodded in reply . He moved the laptop from my lap and replaced it with his head. I played with his curls, wrapping the curls around my fingers and stroking his cheek. “So bear what time do you have to leave me?”

“Like, thirty minutes ago.” He chuckled, his head bobbing up and down on my thigh. He sat up with a disgruntled groan and I swung my legs over the side of the bed. I wish I’d never had mentioned it, I’m sure if he fell asleep here my mother wouldn’t have woken us.

“How are you getting home?” I asked him as he shrugged into his jacket and zipped it up.

“I’m driving.” He told me. I limped over to him and he giggled at me, I scowled but put my arms around his neck. He lifted me off of the ground in a tight hug and kissed my neck softly. “I’ll see you tomorrow hopefully.” I nodded and kissed his lips.

He disappeared out of my bedroom leaving the room feeling colder and too open. I let out a long breath as I limped to my closet and pulled out a pair of light blue and white vertically striped jeans, a plain white vest top and a mint green short sleeved cardigan out. I laid them out for tomorrow and tossed a pair of dolly shoes on top of them. I even packed my bag.

Now I really had nothing to do. I pulled out my Blackberry and pointlessly emailed Penny telling her I’d be there tomorrow. I climbed into bed and drifted off to sleep.

That night I slept really well, the comfort of my own bed and a normal smelling room had kept me company. I woke up without my alarm so I laid awake in bed until it went off, when it did I showered then got dressed. I tied my hair back and left my make up off but covered my eyes with large square sunglasses.

As I was brushing my teeth I heard my phone ringing. “Shit.” I mumbled with toothpaste still in my mouth, I spat it out and ran into my room.

“Hello?” I answered sitting down on my bed.

“Hey, you’re out then.” Demi’s voice shouldn’t have been so odd to hear, this was a sign I was getting too obsessed with Nick.

I felt a smile tugging at my lips at the thought of Nick. “Yeah I am, what’s up?”

“I was just checking to see if you were okay really.” I smiled feeling loved.

“I’m okay, I have a bandage around my knee and it’s really annoying though. We should hang out I haven’t seen you in ages.”

“I know, want to meet at the Starbucks on Sunset at three?” I worked out in my head if I would be available, I assumed I’d be finished.

“Sure, I’ll see you then.”

“Awesome, bye.” She hung up and I tossed my phone into my back. I looked at the clock to see I was now running late. I put on my cardigan and threw my back over my good shoulder then limped down the stairs. Having this limp was beginning to annoy me.

“Julia, where are you going?” My mother shouted through out the house. The clicking of her heels alerted me she was coming into the hall. She arrived with Cruz on her hip.

“To work, I have to get this Twilight thing done.” I told her, she debated it but nodded eventually, I smiled at her and waved at Cruz before rushing as fast as I could to my car. I climbed inside and smiled, happy I’d got an automatic, knowing I didn’t have to use my left leg so much.

When I arrived at the studios, paparazzi was everywhere. But thankfully for me MTV security helped me get through safely and kept them outside as I followed the signs to Penny’s office. I knocked on the door and she quickly opened it and embraced me in a light hug. Instead of inviting me in she stepped past me and locked her office.

“Right, lets get you to hair and make up. Your eye isn’t that bad actually.” She smiled and led the way down the corridor silently. I could hear the talk from outside the door as she opened it the noise level dropped and everyone working there smiled at me. A tall brunette came over to me, “This is Emily, she’ll be doing your hair and make up.”

“Sit here please.” She had a sweet voice so I quickly obeyed and sat down in front of the mirror, she immediately attacked my face with brushes and liquids. I soon felt another pair of hands start to curl my hair. “You have wonderful skin.” Emily commented, I flushed a bit but grinned.

“Thanks.”

After about an hour in the chair they had chosen just to leave me in the clothes I was in insisting that it would only be a head shot. They had a small screen near the camera with my lines on. I stepped onto the set which was completely white, it was like a photo shoot.

The director approached me with a clipboard. “Right, when I say action just scream as loud as you can.”

“Scream?” I asked and he nodded. I guess that’s one way to attract attention.

“Camera.” Someone shouted and I cleared my throat, “Rolling and action.” I sucked in a deep breath and screamed. Once I’d ran out of breath the director yelled ‘cut’ and did a thumbs up at me. They talked among themselves as I stood like a lemon in front of the camera.

A few minutes later the director was back in his chair and I noticed my lines had appeared on the screen beside the black camera. “Camera… rolling action!”

I did over 10 takes of that section and then I had to do a promotional photo shoot holding Twilight merchandise. Once that was over my mind was free to wander and it headed straight in the direction of Nick.

It seemed odd for me to be admiring someone so much. Never before had I thought of anyone so often or deeply to the point where I basically had every aspect of their character imprinted permanently all through out my mind and body. I could probably put dots on someone locating where his little freckle marks were on his neck and face.

I sighed contently as I walked down the corridors after a few hours of working on the set. I’d watched everything and it was great, it would be edited and out there by tomorrow or the next day. I was helped through the press to my car and guided out of my spot, I didn’t mind the press to be honest. Anyone who is a celebrity and complains about being a celebrity are stupid.

I drove down Sunset and parked in a random place a bit down the street from Starbucks. Paparazzi rushed out of their cars giving me a head start which quickly became pointless with my limp.

“Julia are you dating Nick?!” A reporter shouted shoving a camera in front of my face.

I lifted up my head and smiled to see a camera man who always follows me from ‘Hollywood as it happens’ with his camera, he was a good man really and never bothered me much. “How you doing Daniel?” I asked him smiling into his camera.

“I’m fine thanks Julia, how are you feeling?” He asked me smiling back.

“I’m okay thanks.” I looked forward again and spotted Starbucks. “Excuse me fellas.’” They politely created a small space for me to get through and to the door. I pushed it open and hobbled over to the counter. People stared at me but I was used to it.

“Caramel and crème frappachino please.” I asked and dug out my purse, “Oh, tall.” I added before the woman could ask me the size. As I was ordering I spotted Demi in the far corner but I didn’t make a deal out of it, I just smiled at her and she smiled back. I paid the cashier and waited at the end for my drink.

I grabbed it once it was made and sat down opposite her. We hugged over the table and I took a long drink of my frappachino. “You look good for just dragging your self out of a car pretzel.” Demi commented sarcastically and I giggled, playfully scowling at her.

“Lots of make up, I just did my promos for the Twilight competition.” I told her and her face lit up, she clapped her hands happily as she swallowed then she squealed.

“I am obsessed with Twilight, I read about this I think.” I furrowed my eye brows, she immediately caught on it wasn’t supposed to be leaked, “Twilighters are fierce.” I nodded in agreement, “How are you and Nick going?” A playful smirk was playing on the edge of her lips as she gazed at me. I let the love show on my face and she grinned.

“Great, he’s amazing.” I told her with pure honesty. “He’s just so fun to be around, speaking of him I really should text him.” I pulled out my phone as Demi laughed at me. In the text I wrote; ‘Nick, I’m done and I’m in Starbucks with Demi. Wanna do something tonight?xo’ Just after I sent the text my phone rang. “Hello?”

“Hey sweetie.” It was my Dad. “We’re getting Brooklyn a lizard.” I couldn’t believe it, I’d been wanting a pet for ages. “Jools?”

“I’m getting a pet.” I told him and he sighed.

“I told you Vic.” Oh, so my Mom was there. That made me angrier. Brooklyn always got what he wanted because he was one of the middle children and suffered from that with the rest of the family so Mum and Dad took the liberty of making sure they got what they wanted. “Fine, you can get a pet.”

“Thank you.” I sung down the phone the put it down. “Where is there a pet store?” I asked Demi.

“Just down the street why?” I stood up and she followed, the cameras started snapping through the windows.

“We’re getting a rat.” She grimaced as she followed me out of the coffee shop. She led the way down the street and into the pet store.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

-Rose