Sequel: Exposed In Lights

Secrets Are Hard To Keep

I'm so excited

Julia’s POV

I was immediately more relaxed with Nick next to me. He had a calming effect on me, he made me happier, so happy I could sing. He sat with me even as my parents left to sort out my brothers and bring me my Blackberry and portable DVD player. I didn’t mind being in hospital, it was just boring.

Everywhere hurt but I wasn’t going to say anything, it would mean disrupting time with Nick. “But, if all we ate was pizza then we wouldn’t like it anymore.” Nick was arguing he could live off of pizza for the rest of his life, “I’m hungry now.”

“Buzz for some food.” Nick suggested and I shook my head.

“They’ll come around with food later.” I told him and he nodded. A pain rippled through my left hand side and I winced setting Nick onto alert.

“What’s wrong?” He asked in a panicked voice.

I rolled my eyes, “Nothing, it just hurts.” He pressed behind the buzzer behind my bed before I could object. “That wasn’t necessary.” I protested but my nurse, Michelle, was soon in the room. “Nick pressed it.” I said pointing to him.

“She has a pain in her side.” He told her and she tutted at me. “I told you she needed to know these things.”

“No you didn’t.” I argued, he smirked.

“It was implied.” I huffed and watched Michelle as prepared a needle. She flicked it and then injected it into my arm, I closed my eyes and cringed as it went into my skin and she injected it. “So, now that’s done we need to discuss things such as press.”

“What about press?” I asked furrowing my eye brows. “Are you implying we go public?”

“Yes.” He answered simply. “But just not talk about it.” I sighed and considered it. Maybe it would be okay? I mean, it would be easy not to talk about it we just wouldn’t have to sneak around. It would still be private, I guess.

“Urm… okay.” The more I thought about it the more I liked the idea, “Yes.” I smiled at him, he kissed my bruised hand and I shivered.

“Are you cold?” He asked.

“I’m fine.” I told him, “Stop snapping.” I giggled and he shook his head.

“Can’t help it.” He whined at me, “How long are you in here for?” He played with my bed sheets as he asked this.

“A week if everything goes okay.” I told him and he sighed, “You’re not the one stuck here.” I giggled and he laughed with me.

“We’re back!” My parents announced barging in the room, is scowled at my Dad who just smiled and my Mum gave me an apologetic look. “Here is your Blackberry and a new iPhone.” My Mum smiled and I grinned as she handed me them. I immediately started on my Blackberry emails. There was a lot.

“Have you ate?” My Mum asked as I kept my attention on my Blackberry replying to emails from my friends asking about me. “Julia!” She shouted.

“No they haven’t been around yet.” I told her still on my Blackberry. I decided I may aswell check Perez Hilton to see what’s going around. The article had a picture of me on and a lot of numerous updates. She’s rumoured to be on life support. “Mum, they’re saying I’m on life support.” I groaned.

“Don’t worry about it love.” She told me as she perched on my Dad’s lap. “You’ll be out of here in no time.”

TIME LAPSE; 25th October 2008- 2 weeks later

I pulled on my over sized black t-shirt and I wore a comfortable pair of navy sweat pants with a pair of black plimsolls. My hair was tied back into a messy bun and I had a large pair of sunglasses over my eyes. I hated wearing these clothes but there were two problems, one was that I had bandages on my waist and knee and bruises on my legs so no tight jeans or leg exposure, another was my Dad brought me the set of clothes.

I had exchanged numbers with Michelle and said goodbye to everyone and now I was on my way out. With my Mum and my Dad either side and two body guards in front and behind us we were set to go outside. Press were lined up, there were so many police were having trouble picking them off so they ended up with barriers either side of a door at the back.

“Can I go over Nick’s later?” I asked my Dad as we walked briskly through the hotel corridors. He shot me a panicked look, “You can take me.” I assure him and he sighed but nodded.

“Are you two attached by cord or something?” He joked and I nodded.

“Yes.” I said sarcastically and he punched my arm.

My Mum immediately scowled at him, “Stop being rough.” She snapped and I giggled.

We reached the doors and the flashes began. My parents shielded me best as possible and we were soon in the car and out of the way. Henry was driving the car which calmed me down, plus he had Ryan Seacrest’s radio show on.

“And this song is a duet between Chris Brown and Julia Beckham…” I drowned out part of the sentence with a scream. It had completely skipped my mind that the single was out for radio’s now, “… we wish her a speedy recovery so here is Superhuman.”

I mimed the words as it played through then screamed as it finished. “I was just on the radio!” I exclaimed and did a little dance. “I’m so excited.” I squealed and my parents just shook their heads. “Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked realizing they weren’t excited because they’d heard it before.

“Because we didn’t need you getting all over excited and bouncing up and down with your injuries.” My Mum told me and I sighed. I could have heard this earlier? How unfair. I pulled out my Blackberry and emailed Chris about my excitement. As I was email my Blackberry vibrated telling me I had another email.

I opened it and it read;

Julia, I just saw on the internet you’re out of hospital. I don’t mean to rush you but we have lost two precious weeks of work. As soon as you’re ready we need to fly you to Canada to film the premiere tickets launch and we need to do some commercials to start getting press interested and alert the fandom of what is happening. Email me when you want to come down and film the commercials, we’re ready when you are. Don’t rush yourself, get settled and I hope to see you healthy and happy. Penny xxx

I had completely forgotten about my premiere ideas. But I couldn’t film a commercial with a black eye but that will almost be gone in a day or two, it could be covered with makeup. I emailed her back saying I would come down in two days. I hated the idea of working so soon but it had to be done, I’d dig the excitement out of me soon enough.

When we arrived home I greeted all my brothers and then they rushed off to play like nothing had happened, I wish I was that innocent. I limped up to my bedroom, I still couldn’t bend my knee properly, and dived on my bed. My room was pretty messy but I really couldn’t be bothered to clean it.

“Julia…” I didn’t get up, it was only my Mum. She knelt down at the side of the bed in front of me, “Leon left a few days ago.”

“Yeah.” I mumbled, “Mum, I’m really tired.”

She nodded and took the hint, leaving my room without another word. I had too much to worry about, it was all piling onto me, I screamed into my pillow and rolled onto my back. I stared at the patterns in the ceiling until I fell to a welcomed sleep.