Sequel: Exposed In Lights

Secrets Are Hard To Keep

Be real Dad

The girl’s notice something was up, I could tell by the way their foreheads creased when they looked at me. I stared out the window as they gossiped excitedly about the premiere; I glanced at Nick’s watch still in place on my wrist. I gently brushed my finger across the black face and twisted the silver strap around until it was on the centre of my wrist.

As I looked at the giddy faces of the girls around me it made me think that I was taking this over board. I shook off all the sadness and turned to catch their conversation, not worrying was all I had to focus on and I’d get through tonight and not ruin everyone else’s.

“I cannot believe we’re going to meet Robert Pattinson!” Emma squeaked and clapped her hands excitedly.

The car slowed down to a stop and I was upset I only managed to join in for one sentence. We could see out the window the masses of people and the clump of photographers and reporters on the carpet. Also we could see all the stars, minus Rob, were already here.

“You guys ready?” I asked with my hand waiting on the door handle. Getting grins and thumbs up from them all, we high fived each other and then I pulled open the door.

We held onto each others hands as we walked down the red carpet and in front of the cameras who took our pictures so fast the flashes seemed to be disorientating some of the girls but I just smiled and worked it for the cameras.

The girls stuck together as I started the long line of press getting the same questions over and over again. I eventually got sick and found the girls talking to fans so I walked over to them.

As I was walking I tripped forward and saw the red carpet come swiftly closer to my face, but a few inches before I hit it I stopped. I opened my eyes as I was being lifted up from my horizontal position back onto my unsteady feet. A pair of large, warm hands held onto my shoulders as my sight straightened up.

“Taylor?” I gasped as he smirked at me trying to hold in his laughter.

“You never were good on your feet.” He commented and I pouted. He leaned forward and gave me a hug, he still smelt the same. “How are you?”

I smiled at him as he fixed my hair back into position. “I’m good now, thanks for saving me from humiliation.” I chuckled and brushed a hair of mine from his shoulder.

“You can thank me with a kiss if you want?” Way to kill the moment. I scowled and rolled my eyes at his pathetic attempt to hit on me, “Come on Jools, you know damn right a Jonas isn’t the boy for you.”

I scoffed, “You’re so full of yourself. I’m very happy with Nick thank you.” I smirked and he threw his head back and laughed.

He faked sniffed, “What’s that I smell?” He paused then grinned, “Bullshit.”

I resisted the urge to punch him, “Your nose is too close to your arse.” I smirked and strutted away to go take some pictures with the fans.

Time Lapse- After the premiere

I said my goodbyes to the girls and told them all to call me or text me when they get home and now I was on my way home trying not to fall asleep in the back of the escalade. Harry, my driver, was talking to keep me awake and trying to keep me talking.

“Thanks Harry.” I smiled at him, “Night.”

“Night.” He called as I jumped out of the car and walked up the drive to the front door. I shoved the key in impatiently and let myself in quietly. I closed the door then made my way up to my bedroom. When I arrived a note was stuck on the door reading: ‘hope you had a good time. You have to be up early, I need you to take the kids to school because your Dad is at training and I have to take a quick flight to New York. I love you, Mum xoxo P.S There’s a surprise in your room.’ I groaned at the added burden on me though I was excited for this surprise.

I opened my bedroom door flooding a beam on light into my bedroom. I switch on the light and almost had a heart attack at the ‘surprise’ on my bed. Laying there asleep on the left hand side of my bed was Nick, his curly mop of hair resting on my pillow and his hands wrapped around his stomach.

His face looked pale as if he’d been crying and the tears had dried as he slept. He looked so peaceful that I was being extra quiet not to wake him. I even took it so far to avoid the spot in my floor that creaked as I made my way to the side of my bed the long way around.

I crawled on my knees with my suede boots still on across the bed to his sleeping form. I slowly pulled off my boots and placed them behind me on the bed; Nick groaned and moved onto his side to face me. I smiled and softly placed my hand on his left bicep, I rubbed my gently to gradually wake him up. I couldn’t resist, I leant forward and pressed my lips to his forehead.

As I pulled away back to an upright position his eyes fluttered open, he didn’t seem alarmed he just looked at me for a while then the corners of his mouth turned up into a smile.

“Hey,” his voice was croaky as he rubbed his eyes, “did I fall asleep?” I nodded and he opened up his arms for him to hold me. I hesitated to go into them. I could feel the wave of emotion in me because I still hadn’t forgotten why he was asleep on my bed. “Please can I hold you? You don’t need to hold me back I just… need to…”

He stared at me, unable to find the words. I held up one finger to him and rolled off the bed knocking the shoes off onto the floor. I ran to my closet and stripped off my dress, running to the north east of my closet I grabbed a black skin tight vest top and a pair of red shorts and put them on.

I tugged a brush through my knotted hair, it hurt because of the hairspray but I managed to get it all back into one pony tail with none hanging out. Smiling proudly, I smoothed down my shirt and walked back out into the bedroom.

Nick hadn’t moved from his position and was watching me as I shuffled over to the bed and crawled next to him on my knees and resumed my position next to him. I watched him with curious eyes, slowly, carefully he opened up his arms and looked at me with such passion that I lowered myself into them like the North and South pole of a magnet.

I don’t think he had ever held me so close before, he had his face pressed into my neck and his arms around my waist locking them together on the small of my back. “I’m so sorry.” He told me against my skin.

Tears uncontrollably rolled down my face, I was supposed to be angry with him and here I was just melting into his arms. As much as my head screamed at me to push him away and yell at him I just wouldn’t comply, I wanted to be in his arms because my love for him over whelmed me.

We laid there not moving for a very long time, when I glanced at the clock and it read 1:00AM. “Nick…” I whispered because I didn’t know if he was asleep or not. He rubbed his face back and forth on my neck and groaned, I giggled sheepishly. “It’s past midnight, your parents.”

He pressed his body harder onto mine and kissed my neck, “They think I’m at my friends don’t worry about it.” He sounded like he had a cold, he lifted his head from the crook of my neck making it feel colder and looked at me. I brushed the tips of my fingers across his cheek bones as we locked eyes.

“Why can’t I stay mad at you?” I sighed and shuffled down the bed to rest my head on his chest, “Why?” I questioned to myself. He didn’t answer me he just played with the ends of my pony tail and tickled my back until I fell to sleep.

“Julia Rose Beckham!” My eyes snapped open in horror. I was still tangled up in Nick’s arms and my Dad’s voice was not amused, he sounded like someone had just burned him with an iron rod.

I shot up in my bed and so did Nick, I pushed him behind me. It was still dark outside so I knew I wasn’t supposed to be up to take the kids up at this time. “Dad!” I warned him.

“What the hell is he doing there?” Dad was fuming with me.

“I got home late and I wasn’t going to send him home past midnight when he doesn’t have a car. Be real Dad.” He glowered at me and glanced at his watch, he sighed angrily.

He scowled at me, “We’ll talk about this later young lady.” He stalked off without another word leaving me with a relationship to deal with.

I’d rather face my Dad.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry I missed a chapter, I opened the wrong word document and just posted it.

Apologies!