Sequel: Exposed In Lights

Secrets Are Hard To Keep

Cruz is getting the twenty dollars

“What time is it?” Nick asked in the same croaky voice as last night, hearing this he cleared his throat. I reached over him and grabbed my Blackberry and checked the time.

“Six in the morning.” I told him. I sat cross legged in front of him and stared at him trying to work out what he was thinking. I gave up. “What are you thinking about?”

“I’m trying to work out what you’re planning on saying to me.” He admitted blushing. I smiled at him.

“Any luck?” He shook his head and grinned back at me. My tilted my head forward and gazed at my leg, I felt his finger under my chin and he lifted up my face. As we stared into each others eyes he caressed the side of my face. “I wasn’t planning on saying anything, actually.”

He removed his hand from my face and sat up to my level, “You don’t know what you really mean to me. I would never hurt you, ever.” His voice leaked of purity.

And then, ever so slowly, as if to test my reactions, he leaned in stopping an inch away from my lips. He was waiting for me. Giving me the choice. I smiled and leaned forward to his lips. They were soft but they seemed more gentle, for careful. The kiss was the more passionate we had ever shared; all I could think about was him and his hand which was pulling me into him.

As we were kissing and he pulled me into him he got a bit too enthusiastic and we fell onto the floor in a heap. “Oh my god!” I laughed against his stomach as he pushed me off of him, “Way to ruin the moment.” I scowled and jumped up onto the feet, he was quicker though. He caught me as I was walking away and pulled me back into him.

He whispered from behind me, “Sorry, you do that to me.” He kissed my neck and let me go. “Have you got any clothes for me?”

Since getting with Nick I had bought an emergency stash of clothes for him. I never thought I’d need them because he slept over, more in case of spillages or younger brother attacks. I nodded and beckoned him to follow me to my closet. Whenever Nick walked into my closet he immediately rooted through my closet and chose out my clothes.

“You do remember we’re shooting the video today.” I swear my heart stopped. With all the drama of having 3 strangers in my house and arguing with Nick it had completely passed my mind. I hit my forehead in anger and annoyance, “Guess not.” I tossed a pair of jeans and Nick’s grey hoodie he had given me at his head along with a black t-shirt.

I watched him as he laid out a pair of black shorts, a cream t-shirt with a black lace neck trimming and a pair of cream Chanel shoes with a shiny black toe and the Chanel logo in the same black material on the side. I changed into the outfit and noticed it went really well together, Nick was now my official stylist.

I re-tied my hair all back and left my make up off, surely they would have hair and make up artists there. I grabbed a pair of black Ray Bans and placed them on my head.

“Julia!” Nick called and I ran out.

“Shh the kids are…” I paused, “here.” In my room stood my three brothers gazing up at Nick, “Nick’s here to help me get you guys ready for school so go, scoot!”

“But Mum always makes us breakfast.” Romeo told me and Brooklyn nodded.

“Okay, first to the kitchen gets twenty dollars.” I pulled the money off my desk and they all ran out of my room. Nick stared at me in astonishment, “They like money and if I have to pay them to be good I will.”

“So what do you need help with?” Nick asked.

“Okay, I need you to go to Cruz’s room and get him out some clothes and make his bed. Then you can check Romeo and Brooklyn’s rooms and make sure my Mum has left their clothes out and their school bags and I’ll go make them pancakes.” I left Nick in my room as I raced downstairs and into the kitchen.

“I got here first!” Brooklyn shouted pushing Romeo.

“I did!” Romeo retorted picking himself up from the floor.

I groaned, “Brooklyn push him again and I’ll launch you in the pool.” Brooklyn cowered down, “Now, sit down in the living room and watch TV. Cruz is getting the twenty dollars.”

“What?! You suck Julia.” Brooklyn shouted throwing his arms in the air as he stomped out to. I picked Cruz up and put him in his booster seat at the table and he sat perfectly playing with a spoon banging it against the table.

I tried to ignore Brooklyn and Romeo arguing about what was on the TV and continued to cook those pancakes. It didn’t take very long and soon I was pouring the syrup over them, Cruz wasn’t allowed pancakes because he was too little so I made him some toast and laid it on the table in front of him and he chewed on it as I made the pancakes.

“Kids! Breakfast!” I shouted and listened to them racing over. I placed their plates with the on the table and began to wash up. Nick came into the kitchen and began drying up the dishes, “You don’t have to do that.” I told him.

“Nick, why is your hair curly?” Romeo asked, I giggled at my brothers.

“Because my Mom has curly hair.” Nick answered simply.

“Julia I want curly hair.” Romeo shouted very loudly.

Brooklyn shoved him because of his loud voice. “I swear to God if you two don’t stop fighting I will seriously throw all your toys into my closet and lock the door.” Both were quiet from then on. “Are you finished?” I asked them, “Nick will you please help Cruz get ready?”

“Totally.” Nick walked over to Cruz and began undoing his lap straps.

“No I want Nick!” Brooklyn protested jumping from his chair and grabbing Nick’s arm. Nick shot me a glance and I just nodded, Nick followed Brooklyn upstairs as I got Cruz and Romeo sorted.

I managed to get both kids changed into their allocated outfits and made sure they all had their stuff. My Dad had put all of their seats into the back of my BMW so the next part was getting them all strapped in. Nick drove and kept the kids entertained and I got them out the car and led them through the paparazzi who were crowding us and into the schools.

Once we were all done, Nick started driving towards the video shoot quickly. The concept was us on large blocks all on different levels performing on the beach, I was going to be riding a horse bareback with one of the boys on the back too and one of the other boys had to learn how to ride and I believe they decided that that was going to be Kevin.

“This should be fun, is there going to be an audience?” I asked Nick as we drove through the security gates and into the car park.

Nick opened my door for me and helped me out; I smiled and kissed his cheek. “Yes, behind barriers that we ride the horses through. You do realise I’m going on the back of your horse with you. No way am I going with Kevin.” I laughed and headed towards the tent set up for us.

My hair was down and straight with my fringe loosely tied back so it was in a hump on the front of my head. My make up was a cream coloured eye shadow with a white sheen, black mascara and my signature one line of liquid eye liner. I was wearing a bikini top with a white t-shirt which had been cut with scissors to have an open neck so it showed a part of the swimsuit. I wore a pair of tight dark blue denim jeans with a brown leather belt on. Brown feather ear rings hung tickling my neck in the slight breeze causing me to shiver now and again.

Nick was in a pair of blue shorts and a white v-neck shirt. Joe was in a maroon coloured vest and three quarter length shorts. Kevin was wearing three quarter length light blur jeans which were folded up at the hem and a white t-shirt with an open black waist coat.

“Woo! Nice legs Jonas.” I shouted to Joe who was stood talking to Big Rob he smirked at me and I walked over to where Kevin was being boosted up onto a white horse. “How’d the practicing go?” I asked Kevin as I pulled myself up easily onto the back of the black horse beside him. “What’s her name?” I asked the groomer not giving Kevin the chance to answer.

“Pepsi.” She answered and ran the mane brush through it one more time.

He stared at me in shock, “How do you get up like that?” I wrapped my hands around the reins and started walking towards the beach. The sound of horse hooves against the tarmac was soothing to me, I missed my horse. “This is easier than I thought it would be but canter is a bit hard, I wobble all over.”

As soon as I hit the beach I took off into a canter getting yelled at by the director and the security. Feeling the breeze on my face and the soothing motion of the horse taking me away was like heaven. I was lost in it.

“JULIA COME BACK!” A voice echoed through the mega speakers. I turned the horse around and headed for the ocean, “YOU DARE GET WET!” Dianna, the make up artist shouted.

I kicked the horse into gallop as I neared a stranded log, the horse cleared it with one jump and I slowed her down as I approached the mass of Jonas Brothers fans waiting to be filmed. I stopped next to Kevin who was laughing at the crew’s angry faces.

Dianna climbed onto a table and began retouching my make up and hair muttering in annoyance. “There, done.” She sighed, “No more speeding.”

I saluted her. “How do I get up?” Joe asked looking at the horse from all different angles.

“You’re with Kevin.” I smirked and his face dropped.

“Are we going to be going that fast?” Joe asked the director.

Daniel turned towards Joe, “No just canter.”

“That’s a bit slower than what she just did over the jump now get on the horse!” Daniel jokingly shouted. The assistants helped Joe and Nick onto the horses behind me and Kevin, when Nick got on he shuffled as close as he could get to me and grabbed onto the mane in front of me.

My mind went into evil mode as I considered taking off down the beach with Nick on the back with no saddle. Riding bare back made it even more difficult to stay on the horse so I had no doubt Nick would be holding onto me tightly. A young girl who was taking care of the horses clipped a white lead rope onto the horses bit and led us down the beach so we could get a run up to canter.

Kevin looked nervous as he stared at the gap we had to canter through. The fans lined the barriers reaching out their arms as directed though they weren’t allowed to say anything in case it spooked the horses.

“Kevin calm down.” I tried to sooth his tense position, “Use your calf muscles to grip onto the horse. Like this.” He watched my legs and copied the action.

“You guys ready?” The directors voice rang out of the speakers, we all gave the thumbs up and high fived each other. “We’ll start the music in 3, 2, 1 action!” I kicked the horse and we took off for the first of many times to come.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry again for the mess up.