Sequel: Exposed In Lights

Secrets Are Hard To Keep

You're an awful liar, Jools

The shoot took up most of the day and it was really tiring. When I got in all of my family were gathered in the living room eating popcorn watching ‘Stick it’ so I joined them. Romeo climbed onto my lap as soon as I sat down and he cuddled into me, I could see his tired eyes drooping.

“Mum, he’s knackered so I’m going to take him to bed.” I told them and my Dad gave me a thankful smile, I nodded and got a good grip on Romeo.

Once I had carried him up the stairs I changed him into his pyjamas and placed him in bed. “Julia read me a story.” He mumbled. I searched his room for a book and eventually found ‘The fox and the hound.’ When I walked over to his bed I found him already asleep, I kissed his forehead and left him.

I shuffled into my bedroom and let out a yawn. Bored, I checked a gossip website and regretted it as soon as I saw the pictures of Taylor and me getting ‘close’ on the Twilight carpet. “Oh no.” I whispered as I scrolled down to see ‘Cheat?’ written in white writing across the bottom of the photograph.

Julia Beckham looked stunning in a Gucci dress as she strutted down the red carpet at the premiere for Twilight the movie. What we want to know is what is she doing with Taylor?

As she was walking down the carpet she tripped but Super-Taylor came to the rescue, the two chatted, smiling and giddy afterwards. Taylor even whispered into her ear.

Pictures have been taken of her supposed boy friend, Nick Jonas seen here with Miley Cyrus. Is there trouble in the relationship?

What do U think???


I was horrified. The pictures made everything seem so… sweet when the conversation was far from it. I’d just argued with Nick about him and Miley and now I look like a total hypocrite. My life just keeps getting better and better. Why couldn’t anything go right for me? I fail to see what I have done so bad that means my life must be so hard.

Angrily, I slammed shut my laptop and dropped it onto the floor. I crawled into bed and shut my eyes tightly trying not to let my mind wander. “What the hell?” I groaned and rolled face first into my pillow and screamed.

During my scream fest my phone began ringing at the side of my bed, I quickly snatched it. “Hello?” I answered in a stressed out voice.

“Hey, it’s me.” Nick’s voice was usually soothing to me but right now it was the last thing I wanted to here, “Did I wake you?”

I scratched my head, “No I’m good, what’s up?” I knew exactly what was up, my little conversation with Taylor, bollocks! Why did I even go near him?

“Urm, I just wanted to talk to you about… well.” He sighed, frustrated with himself. Just spit it out. I wanted to say to him but I kept it inside of me. “I think you know.”

“Taylor.” I said his name with as much anger as I could muster and it wasn’t difficult. “Look, I was falling—”

He cut me off, “I saw.”

“Are you going to let me finish?” I snapped. I waited for a couple of seconds and got complete silence, “So I was falling and he caught me then I gave him a hug but he started giving me grief about seeing you so I had a go at him and walked away. I honestly didn’t—”

He sighed, “Julia, it is fine.” He was getting agitated with my explaining, I could tell.

“Do you hate me?” I had to ask him.

“No, of course not.” He sighed a long, exasperated sigh, “I’ll see you at your house tomorrow at two.”

The phone line cut and I tossed my phone onto the floor next to my laptop and swung my legs out of bed. I stomped into the bathroom and grabbed a sleep-easy tablet. I swallowed it with a drink of water and headed back to my room. I couldn’t get comfortable in bed but the tablet sent me to sleep.

As I dressed the next morning in a pair of black jeans and a white vest top with a light brown knitted, sleeveless cardigan over it, I had a bad feeling in my gut. I didn’t know why it was there but it worried me a lot. I zipped up my knee length boots and left the house to my car.

The feeling was still there even as I was shopping, shopping usually made me happy but now it just worried me like something bad was hurling towards me. I’d rushed to the confines of my car and sat there with my head on the wheel, my eyes shut tightly.

I drove home speedily craving for the feeling of safety, my car skidded to a stop outside of my house and I gathered up my bags and sauntered over to the door. When I got inside it was empty, “Hello?” I called, checking again. No answer.

I headed to my room to dump my bags. I swung open the door and placed them on my bed.

“Hello.”

“Ah!” I screamed at the voice suddenly in close proximity of me, “Taylor what the fuck are you doing in my house!” I shouted as he smirked at me, he was sitting on the window sill watching me from across the room. He jumped off it skilfully and walked over to me. “Get out!” I demanded. My heart was still thumping against my chest and my breathing was heavy.

“Aw,” he pouted, “you’re no fun.”

“Can’t you just leave me alone? I was happily being ignored by you. No, that’s an understatement. I was overjoyed not to have you in my life so just go.” I knew how to break Taylor down. I could handle him... or so I tried to convince myself.

“You’re an awful liar, Jools.” I scowled at him.

“Don’t call me that, just leave.” I stormed out of my room and downstairs knowing he would follow me and he did. Just as Taylor reached the bottom step the door bell rang unexpectedly, I glanced at the clock and it read 1:50pm.

I opened the door to see who it was and to let Taylor out. I didn’t even look at who was at the door but when I saw a devious smile on Taylor’s face I whipped my head around. Nick stood, like my personal heaven, his eyes flickering between the two of us.

“You can leave now Taylor.” I must say I was quite smug that Nick had shown up now, I felt safe. Nick stepped inside the house and in front of me blocking me from Taylor in a tense stance.

“Protective isn’t he?” Taylor smiled and shook his head. He stretched his arms out in front of him and cracked his neck as if he were to… fight. As soon as that thought crossed my mind I grabbed onto the back of Nick’s shirt to attempt to hold him in place, even though he wasn’t moving I needed to know I had some grip on him if he were to.

“I suggest you leave.” Nick’s voice was so harsh it made me shudder. I’d never heard him sound so controlling or tense before, it was frightening.

“Yeah,” Taylor yawned, “It is about time I left, nice seeing you again Jools.” Taylor smirked knowing I hated him using my nickname.

I never took my eyes off of him as he swung the door open and saluted us before disappearing out of the door. Nick and I were both silent. Nick stepped forward but jolted back.

“Julia, can you let go of me please?” I stared at the back of his head then down to my hand which was gripping his shirt tightly. I loosed my grip on his shirt and he stepped away from me. He turned to face me. He gazed at me and tried to read my face. “Are you okay?”

I just nodded and slowly made my way to the living room, my heels clicking on the laminated floor. Nick was following me, “Where are your family?” He asked sitting on the opposite sofa to me, my heart was pierced with rejection.

“Out.” I answered and played with my hands in my lap. I didn’t want to look up at him, I was embarrassed because I knew I should have handled it better.

“How did he get inside?” Nick asked, I gulped and raised my gaze to look at him.

Glumly, I whispered, “I don’t know, look can we not talk about it?” I asked in a stern voice. I watched him as he stood up and walked around the glass table to me then sat down on the sofa, pulling me onto his lap he placed a secure kiss on my forehead. I sighed and rested my head on his chest.

“We’re a train wreck waiting to happen.” Nick chuckled but I wasn’t in the mood to laugh.

“I guess you could say that.” I mumbled and gripped onto him tighter as if he would drift from me if I didn’t keep a hold of him tightly. He kissed my hair and gripped me just as tight.