Sequel: Exposed In Lights

Secrets Are Hard To Keep

Happy New Year

Finally, Nick and I had some alone time after Christmas. It was the day before New Years Eve and the day before Nick flew to New York to perform. Joe was in the garden playing with his new puppy he had named Tank and Kevin was playing with Frankie in the games room. Elvis wasn’t much bother though, he was just laying on the floor asleep not bothering Nick and I as we cuddled on his bed.

I rested my head on his chest and drew invisible patterns on his forearm, occasionally tracing his veins as I went. Nick played with my hair content just to lay together in silence, it was nice and peaceful just to be in his company, not worrying about anything but each other.

What have I done to deserve someone as amazing as Nick? He was so caring, loving, good natured. Maybe God decided I needed something stable in my life because Nick certainly is different to all my other boyfriends I’ve had.

He didn’t expect much from me, he only expected me to be me and be there for him like I knew he would be there for me. Nick had such high expectations of him self but he didn’t expect anything in return. Nick Jonas is the most unselfish person on the planet.

“We should really move.” I sat up from Nick and tucked my hair back behind my ears. He held his arms out in front of him and I pulled him to an up right position. He gently pushed his right hand through my hair and tilted my head up, softly he pressed his lips to mine and pushed me down so he was on top of me.

He pulled away and smiled down at me, I giggled and kissed his nose which I was very fond of. He grinned back and captured my lips once more the rubbed his nose against mine. “I’m so happy you’re coming to New York.”

“It took a lot of convincing to drag all of my family there.” I chuckled and played with the hair at the nape of his neck. “It should be fun, my parents and your parents can chill. I can perform, you guys can perform and I can have one thing I’ve always want.” I smiled at him.

“What’s that?” He asked, smirking. I decided to play with his emotions a bit.

“A New Years Eve in Times Square.” He frowned and I chuckled. “And a midnight kiss.” He smiled and kissed me. “I better get home.”

* * *

“Julia, grab Cruz for me!” My mother demanded as we all got sorted in the car. We had to get through the airport filled with paparazzi and fans and the public citizens sudden interested in something other than where they’re going would make things more difficult too.

I tightened my red shoes with black laces so I wouldn’t trip as I carried Cruz through the mass of people. I wore a pair of black skinny jeans and Nick’s grey hoodie so I could have a comfortable long journey there on my Dad’s plane.

Everything was run and go as we walked through the airport trying to get out the way of all the flashes, Cruz hid his face against my neck and squeezed his eyes shut. The Jonas family had already taken off about an hour ago so I was desperate to get going.

As soon as the plane door closed we started moving, the engine was already on thankfully. When we landed in New York the paparazzi were even worse and our eyes hurt even more because we’d slept most the way over. They followed us to the hotel we were staying at in Times Square, we were led to our rooms and as soon as I got to mine I started getting ready for tonight.

My hair and make up artists were already set up in my room waiting for me. My make up was done normally, ivory foundation, mascara, one stripe of liquid eye liner on my top lid and nothing on the bottom. My hair was pinned back into a messy bun and bits were left dangling out and curly.

I changed into a dark grey cashmere jumper which had a smiley face on it, a pair of black skinny legged jeans, a pair of boots and I laid out a long red coat which had a big bow on the neck of it for later. Once I was happy everything was in place I rang Nick and told him my room number, he told me he would be down soon.

He arrived just as Emma and Jessica were leaving so they let him in. I ran up to him excitedly and jumped onto him, wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. His hands rested on my bum to hold me up.

“You’re happy.” He chuckled.

I grinned. “I’m in New York, why would I be happy?” I kissed him quickly and gasped when he pushed me against a wall.

“Seeming as you’re so happy…” He left the sentence hanging as his tongue slid into my mouth. I smirked against the kiss and ground my self against him, he groaned and pushed me harder against the wall grinding him self against me causing me to moan. His hands travelled under my shirt and the rested on the waist strap of my bra either side of my torso.

Just as Nick’s lips pressed to my neck there was a knock on the door. We both groaned and broke away from each other, Nick headed back to my room where he sat on the bed and pretended to watch the TV as he sulked. I fixed my hair quickly and pulled open the door.

My Mum stood with Katie and Tom Cruise who were almost like my Uncle and Aunt, Katie and I immediately hugged and then I gave Tom a hug. “Hey!” I squealed happily. “Come on in.”

I let them all in and led them into the main room where all the sofas were and they sat down. “How have you been honey?” Katie asked still smiling.

“I’ve been really good, actually.” I answered returning her smile.

“I’ve seen that smile. Who’s the boy?” Tom asked.

Katie gasped, “Victoria, you didn’t tell me she had a boy friend.”

“Four months.” I nodded and she glared at me, “What?”

“Four months of having a boy friend and you never told me?”

I chuckled, “I thought my Mum would have.” She stared at me expectantly. “His name is Nick.”

“Nick?” She pressed, I stared at her. “Jonas, really?” Her voice had raised an octave.

“Yeah, he’s just in there so…”

Tom turned to Mum, “You let him in her hotel room.”

“Don’t worry Tom.” Katie knew about their purity rings obviously. “Go and get him.” She urged.

I sighed and walked into my bedroom where Nick stood expectedly. I gave him the once over checking him, he was wearing a white v-neck shirt and a pair of black faded jeans with a pair of black leather shoes. “Just grin and bear it.”

He chuckled and took my hand. I led him out and he gave Katie a hug and kissed her cheek then shook hands with Tom. The next fifteen minutes were spent with them basically getting to know Nick, Katie hadn’t stopped smiling and Tom seemed to be fine with him. I was glad Nick didn’t make any slip ups during the conversation and everything went smoothly.

“Are you staying in Times Square?” I asked Katie and Tom who nodded. “Awesome.”

“We’re excited to see you perform.” Tom smiled, “Nervous?” I nodded, “Don’t be, you’ll fine.”

* * *

People everywhere were complaining it was cold, it was. It was zero degrees at the moment and windy but I was wrapped up like a child. I had put on extra layers of clothes and leather gloves. Nick and his brothers were making their to the stage as I performed, once I’d done this performance it was ‘On the line’ and then they were performing alone.

“Yeah, you’ll go out in style.” As the drum beat faded and changed I took my cue, “Please welcome, the Jonas Brothers!” Screams were audible from every direction.

We performed that and then I hopped off to the side of the stage and gave everyone a hug but we kept quiet. I stood by the heater and watched them perform. I was happy for the heat finally, my ears felt like they were going to drop off and my nose was slightly pink. My Dad put his arm around my shoulder and rubbed it, I leaned against him and smiled.

“Well there’s no need to fight we’re just wasting time.” I sung quietly to my self.

One of the presenters got onto the stage with them and beckoned me before. I pulled my Dad onto the stage with me, much to his dismay. “Hello David Beckham!” The presenter wasn’t expecting this.

“My daughter thought it would be nice to drag me up here.” He chuckled and kissed my forehead.

“What did you think of her performance?” The presenter asked.

He smiled, “Amazing.”

“And the Jonas Brothers?”

“Also great.” He patted Nick’s shoulder.

“Three amazing songs and performances, from up here down to you.” We all waved to the camera until the red light went off.

We were led to the main stage on Times Square to be on the TV when the ball dropped. On stage would be me, Demi Lovato, Taylor Swift and the Jonas Brothers. I hadn’t seen Demi or Taylor all night because I’d been getting rushed everywhere and anywhere.

I stood next to Demi and Nick when I got on the stage. “I’m so cold!” I shivered, “How much longer?” I asked.

“Three minutes.” Taylor answered. I could see the awkwardness between her and Joe, they were on separate ends of our line which was probably for the best.

Ryan started talking about the New Year as we all stood smiling but freezing. I started to jump up and down to keep warm. “Are you cold? You’re British!” Ryan exclaimed.

I laughed. “It’s not even this cold in Britain, well it wasn’t last year.” I shouted into the microphone, it was really loud.

I turned around and waved to the crowds, Nick joined me and waved too. “Our New Years kiss might have to wait.” He whispered then waved some more. Someone threw up some 2009 glasses and I caught them and put them on.

I turned back around and everyone gasped, “I want some!” Joe shouted trying to grab them. I slapped his hands away.

“No, they’re mine.” I snapped and pushed them up my nose.

We all focused on the screen as Hillary and Bill Clinton pushed the button for the ball to drop. I watched it as it got lower and low then joined in with the twenty second count down. Demi and I held hands as we shouted down to one then we hugged.

“Happy New Year!” I shouted to everyone on stage. I hugged everyone even Ryan. Nick sneakily kissed my cheek as we stood behind Joe and Kevin then I rushed to the side of the stage to hug my parents.

“I love you.” I told them both then jumped back onto the stage. Joe and I sung Auld Langs Syne boisterously, waving our arms around like conductors.

There was no place I’d rather have been in that moment. The noise, the excitement, it was all over the top and intense. I didn’t care about the cold or anything other than my friends and family. I picked up some confetti and shoved it in my jeans pocket, a little reminder of this night for my wall of memories.

Once we all got off the stage went our own ways, Nick and I stopped at the side of the stage out of the view of everyone. “Happy New Year, my little peach.” He smiled and took my face in his hands. He pressed his lips to mine and I lingered against his, he pulled away then kissed me twice, three times and then he kissed my nose.

He took my hand in his as we walked through the crowds surrounded by police. My parents were up front with Denise and Paul, then Joe and Kevin and then finally Nick and I. He took his hand from mine and placed it on my back to guide me, he knew I had no sense of direction and knew I had no idea where I was going.

“When are we leaving?” I asked him.

“Now, we have to leave before everyone else.” I nodded and that’s when I saw the SUVs. We had a police escort to the hotel so get us there safely. Nick sat me on his lap, cradling me close to him.

“Stay with me tonight?” I whispered to him as everyone chatted. “Or I’ll come to you?”

“That would be better, if you’re there in the morning you can just say you came down in your pyjamas.” He smiled and pushed my fringe back under my hat, well his hat. “I’ll text Joe and Kevin.”

As Nick did that I watched their reactions, they seemed pretty calm about it which echoed their trust for us both. I mouthed ‘thanks’ to them and they both winked at me. I pulled out my own phone and texted Joe.

How did you deal with Taylor?

I waited a few moments and got a text back.

I gave her a hug.

I bit my lip, I wasn’t too sure. She wasn’t the only one hurt in that predicament, even though everyone seems to think Joe was the bad one in the relationship. I’d have to discuss it later, that was all he was going to give me. I could tell.

We’ll talk later.

I didn’t get a text after that. Once I had said goodnight to my parents Nick and I separated. I changed into my red flannel pyjamas and put on a pair of black socks. I took my phone in case my Mum rang and then made my way to Nick’s room. I knocked quietly on the door and Joe let me in, I gave him a hug and then he led me to the bedroom.

In it were three double beds, Joe was closest to the door, then Kevin and then Nick was near the window. A large plasma TV was mounted on the wall and I noticed they were watching ‘The Dark Knight’ and it was coming up to my favourite scene.

“Hey Kevin,” I waved as I passed his bed but then noticed he was gone. I giggled at my self then jumped onto Nick’s bed. He threw back the duvet revealing his attire. He was in a black vest and a pair of grey pyjama bottoms. I crawled into the bed and he wrapped me up in the cover next to him.

“Let’s not blow things out of proportion.” I said along with the film. Nick chuckled breathlessly and began absent mindedly playing with my hair again. I chuckled at the Joker then yawned. “Is Joe still awake?” I asked peering over Nick.

“Nope, can I turn this off?” I nodded and he grabbed the remote. When it turned off the room was pitch black making me sleepier. “Happy New Year.” Nick whispered once more, and then he yawned.

“Let’s sleep.” I sighed, it was amazing how comfortable his chest was. Better than a pillow that’s for sure.

I wasn’t as sleepy as I thought. I was awake long enough to hear Nick sleep talk. “I’ve got a hat, but I can’t fly over there.” He said, quiet loudly too. I tried my hardest not to laugh and wake everyone up so I ended up with tears streaming down my face.

Joe was snoring too and was almost dangling out of his bed. Kevin was cute asleep, his face kind of scrunched up and he held onto his quilt tightly so at least one of them was normal. I watched Nick the most though, watching Nick in an unconscious state was very alluring and fascinating. Occasionally he’d lick his lips or toss his head around so much sometimes I’d think he was awake.

My eyes eventually gave up on me and my body shut down into sleep mode at three in the morning.

* * *

I spent the next morning packing everything back away. Nick and I didn't get caught and the whole of the previous night replayed itself in my head over and over. I couldnt believe it actually happened to me.

There was a knock on my door. I swung it open to see both my parents stood there. I let them in then continued to rush around my room.

"Julia..." My Dad started. I tossed another shoe into my case then turned to him. "Can we talk to you for a second, please?"

I smiled, "Sure."
♠ ♠ ♠
The reason I put links to the outfits in is because some people like to know what it really is, like me, and some don't so instead of putting a large picture in it I just link them.

This story will be finishing soon, but I'm already thinking about the sequel.

Have a wonderful 09!