Sequel: Exposed In Lights

Secrets Are Hard To Keep

L.A. Galaxy

So basically it had gotten out I had a party, the price of my ring had gotten out too and the fact I got a new car. Personal pictures had leaked of my party including ones of me dancing with friends, aka, Jonas. Rumours were spreading like wild fire, it was infuriating.

My private life was none of their business, I shouldn’t even be famous! It’s my parents they should be obsessing over! All I did was get born, I haven’t achieved anything worth being followed for. I wasn’t around to be a role model for anyone so what’s the point? Oh yeah, they enjoy making my life a misery.

I’d talked to my parents about this numerous times, how being photographed and in the public eye was something they couldn’t control for me and that if they could they’d stop it. I’d never minded posing for pictures, but that was before everyone was suddenly interested in whom I was dating or what I was doing or even what I was wearing.

I got criticized yesterday for wearing sweat pants in public!

But it had now been 5 days since my party and I could drive quite well, I’d been practicing a lot and had been getting lessons. It was all pretty simple to be honest. But today when I checked the gossip sites there was another rumour escalading; apparently I went over their house last night-which I didn’t do-and stayed the night. It was all pretty ridiculous.

But today, Nick was coming over. I was really excited, my family all decided to stay in minus dad who was training as he had a match tonight. I had had a few red bulls and couldn’t sit still as mom and the boys watched a film. I decided it was useless trying and ran out and upstairs to my music room.

The room walls were half wooden half white, amplifiers were everywhere and over 20 guitars were on the wall. I had an electronic drum kit in the corner and a few bases on the wall as well. I grabbed an acoustic off the wall and sat down in front of a small microphone. I plugged the guitar in and set up the equipment then put on a set of headphones.

I played the opening bars to a new song I had just written and moved my head up and down to the slow and soothing beat.

“I never meant the things I said
To make you cry
Can I say I'm sorry
It's hard to forget
And yes I regret
All these mistakes
I don't know why you're leaving Me
But I know you must have your reasons
There's tears in your eyes
I watch as you cry
But it's getting late

Was I invading in on your secrets
Was I too close for comfort
You're pushing me out
When I'm wanting in
What was I just about to discover
When I got too close for comfort
Driving you home
Guess I'll never know

Remember when we scratched our names into the sand
And told me you loved me
But now that I find
That you've changed your mind
I'm lost for words
And everything I feel for you
I wrote down on one piece of paper
The one in your hand
You won't understand
How much it hurts to let you go

Was I invading in on your secrets
Was I too close for comfort
You're pushing me out
When I'm wanting in—”


I gasped when I finally looked up to see Nick stood in the doorframe smiling softly to me, I pulled the headphones off my head and patted down my hair.

“That’s really good.” He told me as I stood up and rested the guitar against the wall.

I shrugged, “Not my best.” I smiled at him and bit my bottom lip. “Thanks for coming around, I haven’t seen you since the party.”

“Miss me?” He smiled, he didn’t smirk though.

“Yes.” I replied simply.

I walked over to him slowly and wrapped my arms around his torso he returned the hug and grasped me in his arms. I smiled against his shoulder and tilted my head up to look at him.

I chuckled and he looked at me in confusion, “What?”

“No wonder people think that we’re a couple.” I giggled some more, he smiled now that he was in on the joke and pushed my fringe out of my face gently as if I were to break.

“Maybe we should be.” He whispered sweetly with compassion oozing from his words. My heart skipped a beat as I considered what he just said.

I smiled, “Are you asking me out?” I questioned gripping the fabric of his shirt at the back.

“Yes.” He answered with a questioning glint in his eye.

“If so, I would love to go out with you.” I smirked and kissed his jaw. He smiled widely, the biggest smile I’d seen him give other than on stage and then he kissed my cheek. “Oh em gee, I’m dating a Jonas Brother—” He slapped his hand over my mouth at my impersonation of the girl at the start of their song ‘video girl.’

“What to do.” He sighed dragging out the ‘do’

“Video games?” I smirked and pulled out of his grasp.

“You are so on.” He said smugly back to me, he followed me out and into the game room where we sat down on the leather sofa in front of a large TV. “War craft?” He suggested.

“Mint.” I replied, my accent showing thickly. As we set up I turned to him, “It’s my dad’s football match tonight, want to come? Your brothers can too, including Frankie.”

“I’m sure they’d love to.” He smiled.

And so the battle began.

LATER

The boys and my parents knew that Nick and I were together and we all agreed to keep it on the down low. The Jonas Brothers were in one people carrier and I was in one with my brothers and mom, it was irritating to be away from Nick but it had to be done if we were to keep it out of the public eye.

“Mom, how close are we?” I moaned and tugged on the edge of my L.A galaxy shirt with ‘BECKS’ on the back, I paired it with a black shirt and flat shoes. Also, my hair was all pulled back and my fringe was clipped back and a pair of square sunglasses sat on my face.

The car ground to a halt and already flashes were going off but not many. Someone opened the door and I got out quickly with Romeo hitched on my waist and walked straight inside ignoring the press. As soon as we were inside the VIP area I made my way up to our private box where I knew Nick, Joe and Kevin were sat with Frankie.

I smiled and waved to familiar faces and also to people I hadn’t met. I climbed up the steps and I could already see the guards placed around the venue to keep an eye out. Once I got to the top I took a brief second to admire the view of the almost full stadium, I couldn’t help but smile.

I loved to watch my dad play football, I should really start calling it soccer, and it was a thrill to watch him do what he does best. After a few seconds I twist around and skipped over to the four boys, I gave them all a hug and then knelt down to Frankie’s height.

“Hey dude.” I smiled.

“Thanks for the tickets.” He told me smiling.

“Anytime.” I grinned.

“Anytime huh?” He smirked with look which screamed trouble.

I chuckled. “Anytime you want to come to a game let me know.” He grinned happily.

“I like her, Kevin I want a drink.” Kevin glanced at me.

I smiled and pointed to a door at the back of the box, “Through there, just say Beckham and they’ll worship you.” I giggled and he smiled and ushered Frankie through the door. We sat down on the second row leaving the front for my mom and my brothers to sit on.

We all sat down in the large grey leather seats and waited for the game to start.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lack of update.

My computer has a virus so I'm sharing at the moment.