Sequel: Exposed In Lights

Secrets Are Hard To Keep

Dancing to electro pop like a robot

I laid in bed two days later trying to delay waking up on my birthday for as long as possible, my phone hadn’t stopped ringing on my bed side table for hours. From what I could tell it was around midday when my mother burst into my room with the three devil children and my father behind her with a gift bag in his hand.

“Happy birthday!” They chorused together, I smiled and sat up on my bed as the all took a seat on it. My brothers each gave me a group hug then my Dad and Mom did. My Dad held out the bag and I smiled and took it from him.

I dipped my hand in and pulled out a gift. I laughed, malt loaf. My family also laughed at their own joke as well. “Nice, thanks.” I grinned and placed it on my pillow, I dug inside again and pulled out a thin smooth piece of paper. I opened up the flap to see two passes. “Private day spa.” I grinned, “For today?” I questioned.

“Yep, you and I are spending the day together.” My mom said happily, I smiled and hugged her then pulled out the next gift. It was a recognisable Tiffany and Co box, I carefully undid the white bow and let it fall onto my lap. I opened up the box to find the ring my Mother bought when we first went shopping together.

“No freaking way.” I whispered and watched the oval shaped diamond glimmer, the many faucets dazzled me for a second or two. I slipped it onto my right ring finger and moved my hand about examining it on my finger. “Thank you!” I shouted and threw my arms around them both still gazing at the ring.

“We have one more gift.” Dad smiled and took my hand, he led me outside and my Mom covered my eyes. I had a pretty good idea what it was because we were outside. My Mom removed her hands from my eyes and I let out an ear piercing scream. I ran over to the black shiny BMW M6 convertible and climbed inside.

I ran my hands over the dark brown leather interior and inhaled the wonderful new car smell emitting from inside. I had already gotten my permit a while back but I wasn’t going to drive it today. “I love you guys!” I shouted and honked the horn before climbing back out and hugging them both. “This is the best birthday ever.”

“And it’s only the beginning. Go get dressed.” I nodded and ran inside the house and into my room.

I pulled on a black skirt and a white tank top. I wrapped a large light brown belt around my hips and let it hang neatly then I slipped on some black dolly shoes, it was a really warm day outside. I put some make up on quickly and let my natural half straight half curly hair flow down my shoulders.

After tossing all my essentials into my bag I rushed down the stairs jumping the last two. I gave my Dad a kiss and walked out the door and waited for my mom. “Can I drive?” I asked walking in the direction of my own car, she grabbed my shoulders and faced me in the direction of the people carrier.

She rolled her eyes at me then put on her sun glasses as she climbed inside and I got straight to thanking the millions of people who had sent me birthday wishes. When we arrived there was lots of press gathered with their stupid oversized cameras. Some shouted happy birthday to me which I replied with a smile and a thank you.

The day spa was really relaxing, I got a massage, facial, manicure, pedicure and a make over. “Mom, I’m going to Starbucks.” I told her after reading a text. “I’ll catch a cab or something.”

“Okay sweetie, here.” She handed me her credit card. “You have money for the taxi right?”

“Yeah.” I smiled and kissed her cheek. I took off for the back door and snuck around the front avoiding the press. It was nice walking down the street and not getting noticed, I couldn’t help but smile to myself.

I arrived at Starbucks as stepped inside letting the lush smell of coffee fill my nostrils. I walked over to the counter and got in queue, I scanned my eyes over the foods and decided on a chocolate chunk cookie. I ordered a Caramel Cream Frappachino forgetting the chocolate chunk cookie, I didn’t have time anyway.

My iPhone buzzed in my pocket, I pulled it out and answered it quickly.

“Hello?”

“Jools, you need to be back soon okay?” My mom told me.

“Sure. Love you.”

“Bye.”


Once I arrived home the first thing I noticed was that my brothers were gone, my mother simply told me they were ‘sleeping out.’ The my parents told me they were taking me out to dinner which gave away why they were sleeping out, three young boys in a restaurant.

“I’ve laid a dress and some shoes out for you, go get changed.” My mom told me, I pulled my eyebrows together and obeyed very confused at why she chose my outfit.

I didn’t argue when I saw the outfit, I just slipped the silver metallic dress over my head. It had a knot in the centre of the breasts and a crisscross back. I pulled on the grey suede platform shoes, now I was confused. This wasn’t what I would usually wear to go to a party. I did my make up and retouched my hair. It was now around 8 o’clock and my mom seemed very impatient with me. I put in my silver dangly earrings and a multi row black facets drops necklace.

I walked down the stairs and both my parents were stood with the door open waiting for me. “What?” I asked as I saw them eyeing me.

“Picture time!” My mom shouted happily and ran over to me, my dad snapped a few pictures of us then my mom took some silly ones of dad and I. Then suddenly a blindfold was tied around my head.

“Whoa, what’s this?” I asked feeling it on my face.

“We want where we’re taking you for dinner to be a surprise. Now how many fingers am I holding up?”

I sighed, “In case you have short term memory loss you just shoved a blindfold on me.” I snapped and they both laughed.

NICK

We’d all been waiting a while, we danced a bit of the time but we had just been told to look at the large projection screen. We’d all managed to keep the surprise birthday party from Julia and the press, we had all been here an hour because apparently Julia was reluctant to get dressed quick enough.

There was over 400 people in the club and Victoria and David had their own area for their friends to go in, they’d even flown over Julia’s friends from her old school. It was insane but we were all having a good time.

But back to the screen. A black screen with white writing reading ’8.15pm, Beckham car.’ then a live image of Julia with a blindfold on and her parents sat either side of her came on, everyone cheered but quietened down as she started to talk.

“I fail to see the point in blindfolding me if all we’re going to do is eat. I feel like I‘m going to do a bush tucker trial.” No Americans understood that but the girls and boys from the UK did.

“Oh shut up moaning, it’s all you’ve done.” Her mom scolded.

Julia smirked, “And I’m going to continue. This bloody dress! Why the hell did you put me in this for a meal.” Her dad started poking her and she squirmed in her seat. “What are you doing?”

“Looking for the mute button.” He replied, she felt around to his hands then slapped them away. The car ground to a halt and they climbed out with many questions from Julia, we could all see they were outside the back entrance to the club.

We all gasped and laughed as she fell over a step. “There’s a step.” Her dad told her as he picked her up from the floor.

“Thanks.” She mumbled, her parents both put their fingers to their lips signalling us to be quiet. I grinned madly as we all looked up to the balcony above where a street lamp light shone through. She stood against the balcony then her parents whipped off the balcony and we all cheered and clapped.

She mouthed ‘oh my god’ and slapped her hand over her mouth. She hugged her parents before running down the stairs, the music started and an up beat dance song came on. She immediately started singing along and dancing as she thanked people for coming.

“Dude, we’re going to dance.” Joe and Kevin shouted with their arms around their girlfriends. I watched Julia look around then her eyes landed on me, she smiled widely and pushed her way through the crowds thanking people as she walked.

She looked stunning as she came close and when she hugged me she smelled so fruity and delicious. As soon as the song change she shouted, “Let’s dance.”

She grabbed my hand and increased my heart beat with her touch. I laced my fingers with her and she smiled at me. Once the beat kicked in I realised that it was the song she played when we first met and I started singing along with her. Soon my brothers appeared with Taylor, Demi and Sophie and we all danced in a group.

“And I said that you look good on the dance floor! Dancing to electro pop like a robot from 1984!” We all shouted together all having the best time ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2mqn96p.jpg[.img]

^ BMW M6. Nice or what.

Comments pleaseee :)