No Particular Reason

Chapter 10

“Have I mentioned how beautiful you were tonight?” Joey murmured into Amy’s ear as they danced a slow dance.

Amy grinned at him and softly kissed his lips. “About twenty times, but I don’t mind hearing it.” She leaned in and kissed him again. “Do you want to get out of here?”

Joey merely nodded and let his hands wander down her back as they danced. He kissed her shoulder sensually. “I’ve been ready since before we got here.”

“But we did it before we got here.” Amy shot back as a faster beat began to blare out of the speakers around them.

“Yeah, but that was a warm up.” Joey started to pull her off the dance floor. “I’m ready for the main event. Especially after I saw those handcuffs in your purse.” He grinned wickedly at her.

Amy’s jaw dropped and she whacked Joey hard on the arm. “You weren’t supposed to see those! They were a surprise!”

Joey opened the door to the gym and let Amy exit first. “Oh, it was surprise all right. We have the house all to ourselves for the first time in a long time, I’m horny, and you have secret handcuffs and God knows what else in that little red purse of yours.” He squeezed her behind as he escorted her to his car in the parking lot that was deserted as everybody else was either in the gym or off campus.

Amy shrieked at the surprise action. “You’re being bad Mr. Armstrong.” She yanked on his tie gently. “And I think we could find a use for this.” She pulled on the tie again and their lips collided in unison.

Knowing his car was directly behind her in the dimly lit parking lot, Joey pushed her with his hips gently until she was on the hood of the car. “I have to get you home. . . now.”

------------*--------------

“Oh, God. Oh, God.” Joey panted as Amy laid down on top of him and released his hands from the handcuffs that were around the headboard. His breathing was still heavy as Amy kissed his collarbone. “You perverted little bitch.”

“Yeah, but you like it.” Amy kissed him.

“Uh, uh.” Joey said as he bit her lips and pulled back lightly. “I love it.”

Amy suddenly got up and wrapped one of the sheets around her.

“Where are you going?”

Amy grinned and shrugged. “I’m going to get something out of the kitchen. I helped your Mom unload groceries earlier today and I saw some innocent goodies we can make naughty. Stay here.” She walked out of the room, her back showing from the lowered sheet.

Joey bit his tongue and stretched out on the bed. He was still sweaty from their previous romp but the anticipation for the next was making him antsy.

“JOEY!”

Amy’s shriek made him run out of the bedroom without any covering on his body and into the kitchen where Amy was. “What’s wrong? What happened?”

Amy pointed out the kitchen window into the backyard where a tree was on fire. A neighbor had a water hose and was trying to douse it from the other side of the fence.

“Fuck!” Joey darted into the adjacent laundry room and threw on a pair of sweat pants and ran outside to help put out the blaze. After about fifteen minutes of diligent spraying of water, the fire went out and the tree stood blackened and naked. Joey thanked the neighbor and went back inside. “We have to go to the hospital and tell Dad; this is getting out of fucking control.”

Amy, who was somewhat dressed in Joey’s clothes, nodded her head and once Joey had put on a shirt, they went into the garage to get into the car. “Joey.” Amy said again. “What is that on your car?”

Joey broke his concentration with Amy to look down at his car. He almost had to squint to see it, but he could see fine crack lines all over the hood of his car, and beyond.

“My car!” He screamed as he ran around the car, surveying the damage. “It’s been keyed. Who the Hell. . . Frankito.” He growled as he yanked his drivers side door open, Amy quickly getting into the passengers, not daring to say anything as Joey cranked the car up and yanked it in reverse to get it out of the parking lot. “Mother fucker.”

------------*------------

Jakob was somewhat sitting up and playing a late night game of cards with his dad as his mother was passed out on the cot bed beside his hospital bed. “Um,” He thought as he looked at his cards. “Got any fives?”

“Shit. Damn you.” Billie Joe threw down two fives and Jakob greedily collected and used them accordingly. “I now remember why I don’t like this game, especially when I play with you!”

Jakob just laughed. He had become quite accomplished when it came to speaking through his fused mouth even though some words were still very muddled. “Your turn.”

Billie Joe rearranged his hand. “Yeah, I know. Got any sevens?”

“Go fish.”

“Hey Dad,”

Both Billie Joe and Jakob looked up to find Joey and Amy in the doorway mismatched and Joey’s face was thunderous. “Can we talk to you for a second?”

“Yeah.” Billie Joe stuck his cards in his back pocket. “I’ll be right back.” He told Jakob.

“Oh, yeah, like I was really going to look at your cards you psycho!” Jakob called out to his father’s back. Jakob did not like the look Joey had on his face. It was a look reserved only for the most controlled manner of Joey’s rage and Jakob had only seen it once when he was hospitalized by Frankito and he had a feeling Frankito was behind the look again.

“Dad,” Joey started once Billie Joe had shut the door. “A tree in our backyard mysteriously caught fire and my car magically got keyed all over.” Joey had to literately bite his tongue to keep the most harsh words from escaping.

Billie Joe’s eyes widened in shock. “What? Wait,. . . he’s under house arrest, we would have known if he had left,”

“He has friends Dad,” Joey butted in roughly. “He has friends with sick, twisted senses of humor who are stupid enough to do his bidding. I don’t know how he managed to tell them, but he did and I don’t care how. I’m sick of this all ready.”

Without knowing what to say, Billie Joe simply nodded.