So Here's to Living Life Miserable

You shouldn’t make promises you cant keep

Normal P.O.V.

It had been two weeks since Hayleys death. I had just started talking to everyone again.
I needed lots of time to myself, to get over the fact that I had just shot and killed my best friend.
We were still hiding in the convince store. I hoped we would move soon, I really needed to get away from this place. There was nothing but bad memories here.
Brendon wasn’t as mad at me anymore. I assume it was because he had time to think about what happened, and he realised that I had made the right decision.
I was sitting alone playing with Hayleys locket in the back by the things that drinks are stored in. Which, surprisingly, still worked. I wasn’t complaining.
I let the cold silver chain of the locket slip through my fingers down into my other hand.
I really hoped I would able to keep my promise to Hayley and give the locket to Alex. I didn’t quite know how I was going to tell my brother that the only girl he had ever loved was dead, and that I had killed her no less.
“Hay, how you holdin up?” Spencer asked as he came and sat with me
Spencer had been our rock. He was managing to keep us all sane.
“Fine” I was slightly happy that, that wasn’t a lie anymore. I really was okay.
He nodded, “good. So we’re going to have a ‘meeting’, and Ryan sent me to fetch you”
“A ‘meeting’?” I raised an eyebrow, “why?”
Spencer shook his head, “only the lord and Ryan know at the moment”
I slightly chuckled and got up. I offered Spencer my hand, and helped him to his feet.
I followed Spencer back to where Ryan and Brendon were. Spencer sat beside Brendon and forced me to sit between him and Ryan, by pulling me down.
“So” Ryan began, “I think its time we move on and try to find more people, but I wanted to ask you guys first to make sure you’re all ready”
My stomach took to a sudden fit of fear. I really did not want to go back out there and risk lousing another friend.
“I don’t really know” Brendon said, looking deep in thought.
I looked over at Spencer. He looked like he was debating for a moment.
“I’m ready to go when ever you are” he nodded at Ryan.
Ryan smiled, “okay. Sara?”
He said my name quietly, and looked at me with pleading eyes.
“I need some time to think,” I said quietly s I got back up, “Bren, can I talk to you for a sec?”
“Sure” he nodded and got up
He followed me back to where I was sitting before.
“What do you need?” he asked as we sat down
“I don’t know if I can leave” I sighed
“Why not?”
I thought for a moment about how to put it, “I’m scared”
His eyebrows knit together as he gave me a confused look, “you. Scared? That’s unheard of”
I smiled at his poor attempt at a joke, “ha ha”
“I know, I shouldn’t be making fun of you. What are you afraid of?” he asked, “I mean, what more could possibly happen?”
“Ryan could die, you could die, Spencer could die. That what could happen” I sniffed, fighting back tears at the mere thought of lousing one of them, “that’s what I’m afraid of”
“Aw, baby none of us are going to die” Ryan said soothingly as he came and sat beside me too, “I promise you, nothing is going to happen to anyone”
I shook my head, “you shouldn’t make promises you cant keep”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Subscriptions?
Banners?