So Here's to Living Life Miserable

Who want's to steal an RV?

We left the store the next night, without a destination in mind. We were just wondering around, rather aimlessly at that.
I was very alert and aware of my surroundings. I couldn’t quite remember ever being as afraid as I was at the moment.
The funny thing was I wasn’t afraid for myself; I was worried about everyone else. Though Ryan kept assuring me that I was working myself up over nothing, and that we were all going to be just fine.
“Is that an RV dealership?” I asked as I noticed some new looking RV’s
“Yeah” Ryan nodded and looked over to me with a knowing glance, “you wanna steal one?”
“Sounds like a plan” Brendon smirked
“Alright” Spencer shrugged, “you know I’m behind you for whatever you’re going to do”
“Alright, I’ve got a plan” I said as we all stopped at the mouth of the alleyway, “We all go in that building and grab the keys. Then split into pairs and try to find a set of keys that work,” I explained.
Spencer nodded, “sounds simple enough-“
“Wait!” I cut him off excitedly, “I have a better idea”
“Okay, quiet down” Brendon snapped, “and hurry up”
I gave him a confused look, but began to explain my new and improved plan, “we should take all the keys, find the biggest nicest RV and steal that one”
“That sounds even better, and somewhat safer” Ryan smiled, “lets go”
We dashed over to the RV dealership, and quickly hid behind an RV.
“Looks like we’ve got a clear shot, there doesn’t seem to be anything around here,” Brendon whispered as we all looked around.
Brendon went to stand up, only to have Ryan pull him back down quickly.
“There’s one over there,” Ryan pointed over towards the back of he place, “as soon as it goes around the corner we run for the door”
We all nodded in agreement.
“God damn, that thing is taking its good sweet time” Ryan growled after we waited for about five minutes or so.
I grabbed his hand and gave it a small squeeze.
He gave me a small smile, “what?”
“I’ve got another idea, that may or may not work” I said, “hand me that rock”
“Okay” Ryan nodded and handed me the rock
“Who can throw the furthest?” I asked
Spencer looked as thought he was catching on, “if I remember correctly you could always throw the furthest”
Brendon nodded in agreement, “so you’re going to distract the thing my throwing the rock?”
“That’s my plan” I smiled and stood up
“That actually makes since” Spencer quietly chuckled, then slightly pushed Ryan, “so, oh smart and fearless leader, why didn’t you come up with it?”
“I’m not the leader” Ryan glared playfully at him, as I stood up.
“Here goes nothing” I sighed.
I threw the rock as hard as I possibly could. We all watched with our fingers crossed.
Almost as soon as the rock landed, the zombie took off hobbling after it.
As soon as it was out of sight we all dashed to the door. Which was, of coarse, locked.
Ryan wasted no time in breaking the window and opening the door
“Could you possibly make a little more noise?” I snapped quietly, “I don’t think every zombie on the block heard that!”
Ryan chuckled, “it got up in didn’t it?”
“Stop right there!” a young boys voice demanded
We all looked over to a doorway where a boy no older then 15 was aiming a revolver at us.
“Who are you?” I asked calmly, “Is there anyone else here with you?”
“Why are you here? Why did you break the window? Now they can get in!” the boy sounded more scared about the window then mad.
“We’ll answer your questions, if you answer mine first” I smiled and took a step forward
The boy cocked the gun, and Ryan pulled me protectively to his side and aimed the shotgun at the boy.
“I think you should put that gun down and talk to us,” Ryan said with abit of a threatening tone
The boy thought for a moment, then uncocked the gun and put it away in the back of his pants
“My name’s Scott, and my little sisters name is Jade” Scott said as a cute little girl appeared from behind his legs
Ryan lowered the shotgun, “we’re here to steal an RV, and we broke the window because the door was locked”
“Do either of you know where the keys to the Rv’s are?” Brendon asked hopefully
Jade nodded and skipped off
“So is it just the two of you?” Spencer asked
Scott nodded, “those things killed out parents”
“Oh, sweetie” I said sympathetically as I walked over to him.
As soon as I gave him a hug, he embraced me and started to cry into my shoulder.
I assumed he had been putting up a tough front for his sister.
I rubbed his back soothingly as his sister came back with a little bow full of keys. She handed them to Ryan and came over to me and Scott.
Scott quickly whipped away his tears and smiled at his sister.
“Well we should get a move on,” Ryan said as they started to go out the door, “you commin or what?”
“Oh, yeah!” I said, “Come on”
“You want to take us with you?” Scott asked sounding quite surprised
“Well yeah” Ryan smiled, “you’re the only other people we’ve seen in ages, we couldn’t just leave you here!”
I smiled and took Jades little hand, “come on”
And with that was all went out and helped Brendon and Spencer find the biggest RV.
It took us about 15 minutes to find the right keys, luckily the zombie that was lurking around earlier was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?
subscriptions?
banners?
thanks to Heartbreakisforever, as always, for commenting! :D