So Here's to Living Life Miserable

“Don’t *** up my moms house!”

As it turned out I really should have gotten Spencer to drive me to the hotel. Brendon was a fine drier, but he had quite the heavy foot.

The next day the guys all left at 11 am to go to Ryan’s girlfriend’s funeral. Leaving Alex, Hayley, and I with the simple instructions:

“Don’t fuck up my moms house!”

“I could really go for a smoke right now” I sighed.

We were watching some dumb show on food network.

“No. You’re quitting! Remember?” Hayley called from her seat on the couch next to Alex across the room.

“So. I could still go for one” I shrugged

We continued to watch food network for a couple more hours. Until Alex and I couldn’t take it anymore and stole the remote from Hayley. We found a movie channel that was having a Pirates of the Caribbean marathon.

“You two are weird” Hayley laughed and stood up, “well I’m gonna go for a shower. You guys have fun watching this crap”

“Hay!” Alex called after her

“It is not crap!” I yelled

“What isn’t crap?” Brendon asked as he entered the living room, loosening his tie.

“The Pirates of the Caribbean movies” Alex said, eyes never leaving the screen.

“Of course they aren’t!” Brendon agreed, “Who said they were?”

“Hayley” Alex and I said in unison

Brendon shook his head, “she’s gonna need a firm talking to, that’ll set her straight”

“Okay then” I laughed, “so how was the funeral?”

“Depressing and boring” Brendon shrugged, “we never really got along when she was alive so I figured she wouldn’t mind if I left early”

Brendon sat by Alex on the couch and stretched, “I never want to go to another funeral for as long as I live”

I laughed, “I know how you feel. So when does it end?’

“Umm 5 I think” he shrugged, “why?”

“Just wondering” I shrugged turning my attention back to the movie.

***

Ryan and Spencer walked into the living room. Surprisingly not looking all that sad.

“I’m gonna let everyone know right now, I do not want to talk about it, ever!” Ryan sighed as he took a seat by me.

“Alright then what do you want to talk about?” Hayley asked

Ryan shrugged, “anything but”

Spencer shot Ryan a strange look, then looked at me, “so Sara are you dating anyone?”

“As a matter of fact I am” I grinned from ear to ear just thinking about Ben. I missed him so much.

“Who?” Ryan asked

“Ben Kowalewicz” I sighed dreamily

“Oh, somebody’s in love” Brendon teased, “so what does he do for a living?”

“Why?” I raised an eyebrow

“I’m just trying to make polite conversation” he shrugged

“Oh, well he’s a singer”

“What band?” Spencer asked

“Billy Talent”

“Never heard of them,” Ryan laughed

“What? Really?” Alex asked

“Yeah” Spencer shrugged

“You wanna hear them?” Hayley asked

“Sure why not” Brendon nodded

Hayley shot up off the couch and ran to the room she and Alex were sharing. She skipped back into the living room, laptop in hand, and she proceeded to play River Below.

Mt stomach started doing back flips as the sound of Bens voice entered my ears. Every hair on my body stood up. And I smiled from ear to ear.

“You really are in love aren’t you?” Ryan whispered in my ear

I nodded and looked at him, “I am”

Ryan smiled, “I’m happy for you”

“Thanks” I smiled as the song ended

“So” Hayley cried, “what do you think?”

“It was alright. Not really my kind of music though” Ryan shrugged

“I really liked it” Brendon smiled

“The singers voice sounded like… the sound a cat makes when you kick it” Spencer said

I narrowed my eyes and glared at him, “you’re gonna pay for that”

Spencer looked somewhat frightened, “oh I bet”
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?
subscriptions?